Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > Hobbies and Accy Sport > General Sport and Hobby Talk > Football
Donate! Join Today

Football Talk about anything football related here..Any teams, any topic - so long as its football!

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 05-12-2008, 19:16   #91
Senior Member+

Re: ince

Quote:
Originally Posted by ossykid View Post
I wear it proudly where ever I am and we were both on holiday in Cuba. Yes I do have other shirts, I have a United one a Rovers one an Everton one and a few England ones. It,s a great way to meet people, they comment on the shirt and soon your drinking a beer or rum with them. But who the heck is Ben Sherman?

....Makes Tanks i think!!

Ince is certainly making me Wince!!...Ah well its only Liverpool next, not to worry!

Best Regards - Taggy
Taggy is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 07-12-2008, 11:02   #92
Resting in Peace

Reince

Don't suppose any ones noticed that things have gone tits up for Rovers since Nigel Winterburn took over as defencive coach, they ain't won since he got involved
Old 07-12-2008, 11:26   #93
God Member

Seems the rumour mills are in full swing this morning. General rumour is that Ince will be gone this week with the bookies favourite dream team being a Souness/Tugay ticket. Allardyce also in the frame. Religion is also playing a part with the God down the road at Turf Moor being touted too. I think thats a bad idea.

The Rovers board should show some common sense and not take a knee jerk reaction to the press, keep Ince in the job for a few years, it will pay off, he got MK Dons out of Division 2 didn't he
Old 07-12-2008, 15:24   #94
Resting in Peace

Quote:
Originally Posted by lancsdave View Post
Seems the rumour mills are in full swing this morning. General rumour is that Ince will be gone this week with the bookies favourite dream team being a Souness/Tugay ticket. Allardyce also in the frame. Religion is also playing a part with the God down the road at Turf Moor being touted too. I think thats a bad idea.

The Rovers board should show some common sense and not take a knee jerk reaction to the press, keep Ince in the job for a few years, it will pay off, he got MK Dons out of Division 2 didn't he
The lose of £40 million ain't a knee jerk reaction dave, as for the guy down the road, well he's bound to draw interest from bigger clubs, be Ideal when Coly hangs up his track suit
Old 13-12-2008, 15:25   #95

Bye bye Incey, just wish I would have gone with my gut when he first took over and backed them for relegation at brilliant odds
Mr Matthew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-12-2008, 10:14   #96
Senior Member+

My gut feeling is still to stick with him and hope the board hold their nerve. However its not looking good for him is it. Its a results business, and i really cant see him surviving if they dont beat Stoke. The problem is of course that whoever comes in, should Ince be sacked, they arnt going to have too much cash to spend, and are basically going to have to work with the same players. The midfield injuries have been a major factor, i still feel with a first choice midfield available, Rovers would be ok, but its certainly worrying times at Ewood.

Best Regards - Taggy
Old 14-12-2008, 10:48   #97
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taggy View Post
My gut feeling is still to stick with him and hope the board hold their nerve. However its not looking good for him is it. Its a results business, and i really cant see him surviving if they dont beat Stoke. The problem is of course that whoever comes in, should Ince be sacked, they arnt going to have too much cash to spend, and are basically going to have to work with the same players. The midfield injuries have been a major factor, i still feel with a first choice midfield available, Rovers would be ok, but its certainly worrying times at Ewood.

Best Regards - Taggy
sensible post Taggy, i agree.
Old 14-12-2008, 11:09   #98
Resting in Peace

Reince

Quote:
Originally Posted by cashman View Post
sensible post Taggy, i agree.
If they keep defending like they are cashy, doesn't matter how many mid-fielders come back, we're giving teams 2 goals start every match and that's a recipe for disaster
Old 14-12-2008, 12:02   #99
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

Re: Reince

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaysay View Post
If they keep defending like they are cashy, doesn't matter how many mid-fielders come back, we're giving teams 2 goals start every match and that's a recipe for disaster
yeh but the defence aint changed since last season much, the players had a meeting to support ince, so a change at this point is not the answer fer me.
Old 14-12-2008, 12:38   #100
Senior Member+

Quote:
The problem is of course that whoever comes in, should Ince be sacked, they arnt going to have too much cash to spend, and are basically going to have to work with the same players.

the same players that finished 7th last year (bents n friedel aside!!!)...it doesnt take a genius to work out that he is not upto the job !!!

and as for the players stating their support for ince cashy....words mean nothing....its performances that speak louder than words and at the moment they are bloody screaming at the top of their voices......THEY DONT WANT TO PLAY FOR HIM !!!....

a proper football club,built on the foundations laid by a true fan..andy dunn notw 08....fantastic !!!
BLACKBURN RAVER is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-12-2008, 16:30   #101
Senior Member+

Bentley and Friedel were two big losses though! The defence is coming under so much more pressure now because of the depleted midfield. Injuries are one of the major causes of Rovers problems this season. Whether thats bad luck or anything to do with new training methods, i really dont know. Only the players know the answer regarding whether they want to play for Ince or not, however they surely want to play for the club and the fans...at least they should do, maybe some of them need a bit more pride in their own performances, and respect for people paying good money to watch them perform!

I still say give him more time, he's not had many matches and has had the above mentioned misfortune with depatures and injuries. But lose against Stoke, and my guess would be that he will go.

The problem then is who to replace him with? None of the names i've heard mentioned excites me...or indeed many other fans...they certainly did'nt seem popular choices when Hughes left, and its mainly the same candidates being talked about again.

Sometimes doing nothing is an option! I'm keeping my fingers crossed that things pick up very soon.

Best Regards - Taggy
Old 14-12-2008, 20:33   #102

I think Blackburn were punching well above their weight last season.

We all know how important a manager can be to a team.

Harry Redknapp, anyone.

Ince is unproven and will not succeed mark my words.
Mr Matthew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-12-2008, 21:04   #103
Senior Member+

Laudrap should have been the man to suceed Hughes not Incy Wincy.
Nickelson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-12-2008, 08:15   #104
Senior Member+

Its the easiest thing in the world to be critical when things arnt going well. Surely this is the most important time to get behind the Team AND the Manager! I think i'm right in stating, that Ince was the 2nd Favourite choice of the Fans to replace Mark Hughes....behind a certain unproven Mr Shearer!

Best Regards - Taggy

Last edited by Taggy; 15-12-2008 at 08:18.
Old 15-12-2008, 10:14   #105
Senior Member+

Quote:
Only the players know the answer regarding whether they want to play for Ince or not, however they surely want to play for the club and the fans...at least they should do, maybe some of them need a bit more pride in their own performances, and respect for people paying good money to watch them perform!

that i tend to agree with,but player power rules nowadays !!!

The problem then is who to replace him with?

alan curbishley

a proper football club,built on the foundations laid by a true fan..andy dunn notw 08....fantastic !!!
BLACKBURN RAVER is offline   Reply With Quote

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..