Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > Hobbies and Accy Sport > General Sport and Hobby Talk > Football
Donate! Join Today

Football Talk about anything football related here..Any teams, any topic - so long as its football!

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 19-12-2004, 18:56   #1
Senior Member+

insults

Just been sent this in an email............

Reacting to a report that brain cells are damaged by heading the ball:
“I don’t think heading the ball has got anything to do with it. Footballers are stupid enough anyway.”
Premier League spokesman, 1995.

“Footballers are only interested in drinking, clothes, and the size of their willies.”
Karren Brady (1994) - who incidentally is managing director of Birmingham City and now married to a footballer.

“One triple vodka,
There’s only one triple vodka.”
To the tune of Los Tres Paraguayos’ 1970s hit ‘Guantanamera’, Middlesbrough fans help Tony Adams with his alcohol problem.

“Somebody compared him to Billy McNeil, but I don’t remember Billy being crap.”
Tommy Docherty on Rangers’ Italian Lorenzo Amoruso, May 2000.

“The bad news for Saddam Hussein is that he’s just been sentenced to the death penalty.” The good news for Saddam is that David Beckham is taking it.

“Only if there’s an outbreak of bubonic plague.”
Italy boss Trapattoni on Paulo Di Canio’s chances of making his World Cup side. 2002.

“I hear Glenn Hoddle has found God. That must have been one hell of a pass.”
Jasper Carrott.

“Stone me! We’ve had cocaine, bribery and Arsenal scoring two goals at home. But just when you thought there were no surprises left in football, Vinnie Jones turns out to be an international player.”
Jimmy Greaves, 1994.

“You are talking about a man who spelt his name wrong on his transfer request.”
Gary Megson on Jason Roberts.

“If David Seaman’s dad had worn a condom, we’d still be in the World Cup.”
Nick Hancock, 2004.

Bazf is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 19-12-2004, 19:08   #2
I am Band

Re: insults

One of the best put-downs I heard came from Ron Atkinson.

He once remarked of Carlton Palmer's footballing prowess, "He can trap a ball further than I can kick it!"

He wasn't wrong.

Any ramblings, meanderings, thoughts or musings are mine and mine alone. Any opinions expressed are Lettie's!
Sparkologist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-12-2004, 22:10   #3
Senior Member+

There must be some great ones out there some of the ones I love............

"I'm particularly unimpressed with the big midfielder Effenberg, who has been renamed in our house as Effenuseless."
- PETER CORRIGAN, Independent on Sunday correspondent on former German player Stefan Effenberg

"When Alex Ferguson pats you on the back, he's just looking for a spot to stick the knife."
- Juan Veron
"I once said Gazza's IQ was less than his shirt number and he asked me: 'What's an IQ?' "
- GEORGE BEST on controversial soccer star Paul Gascoigne

Bazf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-12-2004, 20:33   #4
I am Banned

hehehhe some good 1's in there
Fearon1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-12-2004, 21:22   #5
Accy Red

Cricket Challenge Champion!

This quote was in todays Daily Mirror but I can't remember who said it:
"There is no better sight in football today than when Thierry Henry opens his legs and comes on to the ball".

"At a football club, there's a holy trinity - the players, the manager and the supporters. Directors don't come into it. They're only there to sign cheques." - Bill Shankly
Bagpuss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-12-2004, 22:51   #6

Sarcasm may be the lowest form of wit but it's often the funniest.
Gobsmacked is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-01-2005, 19:40   #7
Senior Member+

Another one was that Tony Blair was sending a present to the funeral of Yassar Arrafat and it would be an England shirt with the number 8 on the back.When asked what the significance of this was Tony replied.
Yassar Arrafat always said he wanted to be buried in the Gazza strip

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..