Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > Hobbies and Accy Sport > General Sport and Hobby Talk > Football
Donate! Join Today

Football Talk about anything football related here..Any teams, any topic - so long as its football!

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 14-12-2010, 17:37   #31
Resting in Peace

Re: Is Fat Sam On His Way Out?

Quote:
Originally Posted by yerself View Post
It gets better.
From BBC Sport - Football - Tuesday's gossip column - transfers and rumours

Blackburn's new Indian owners want Argentina legend Diego Maradona to replace Sam Allardyce as manager.
The story was published in the Micky Mouse Paper the Mirror
Old 14-12-2010, 17:43   #32
God Member

Quote:
SAM Allardyce was sacked because he was not the right man to turn Blackburn Rovers into a top-five team, the new club owners said.
Was discussing this today with Cashy. They really are deluded if they think they can afford to get anywhere what is now the top 6, let alone top 5
Old 14-12-2010, 18:10   #33
Resting in Peace

Quote:
Originally Posted by lancsdave View Post
Was discussing this today with Cashy. They really are deluded if they think they can afford to get anywhere what is now the top 6, let alone top 5
Totally agree with you on that one Dave, Especially with the players they seem to want to bring in. As I've said on another web site to be in with any sort of chance of even coming close to their ambitions they need an instant injection of around £120 million plus in January, and another £40 to £50 million in the next few transfer windows and even then they are not sure to achieve their goal, it takes more than just money , ask Liverpool, Newcastle, Leeds, who in recent years have all thrown money at it only to fail miserably, especially Leeds and the Toon
Old 14-12-2010, 18:25   #34
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaysay View Post
they need an instant injection of around £120 million plus in January,
According to the BBC they say they could take months to appoint a new manager so if they spend any money in January who is deciding who to buy, the Venky's ? Sounds to me like they are going to be the sort of owners who want to run the show further than the boardroom. Not a good sign
Old 14-12-2010, 19:43   #35
Senior Member+

I'm just hoping that Williams stays, not sure where Rovers would have been without him in recent years, they say he's safe...but thats kind of like the dreaded vote of confidence! May be they'll pull a rabbit out of the hat, but i'm not too optomistic really. Why have they got rid of him now...and then made a statement saying that it could take upto 2 months to find a replacement? Seems crazy to me!

Only name what i've seen who i'd like is Martin O'Neill but i cant see him being interested if i'm honest! Big Sam's football was boring which is why i stopped with my season ticket, but it would probably have kept us in the Prem. Its going to be an interesting Season!!

Best Regards - Taggy
Taggy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-12-2010, 21:19   #36
Super Moderator

Quote:
The story was published in the Micky Mouse Paper the Mirror
This from a man who posts "stories" from the Daily Mail on a regular basis.
Old 15-12-2010, 07:21   #37
Senior Member+

I wonder if Ian Holloway would be a viable option?

Best Regards - Taggy
Old 15-12-2010, 08:50   #38
Resting in Peace

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wynonie Harris View Post
This from a man who posts "stories" from the Daily Mail on a regular basis.
Well the Mirror is to me that the Mail is to you Wyn Crap
Old 15-12-2010, 08:58   #39
Super Moderator

Quote:
Well the Mirror is to me that the Mail is to you Wyn Crap
Both crap to me, mate. I prefer "Poultry World".
Old 15-12-2010, 09:27   #40
Resting in Peace

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wynonie Harris View Post
Both crap to me, mate. I prefer "Poultry World".
Just placed a regularly order fr it at the newsagents Wyn and I believe its the guest publication this week on "have I got news for you"
Old 15-12-2010, 12:11   #41
a multieloquent Mule

Xeno Tactic Champion!

Quote:
Just placed a regularly order fr it at the newsagents Wyn and I believe its the guest publication this week on "have I got news for you"
And you'll need it what with the *Venky Boys* in charge, probably should subscribe to "Turkey World" too !
DaveinGermany is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-12-2010, 14:21   #42
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

Dunno why some are so scathing to the Venky Boys,? the reason they sacked him is a valid one to me, we all know the club "Had" to be sold, even Fat Sam said that, so now its a case of suck it n see, if they are good at there word then fine, if it turns out to be a Turkey,like "Mike Ashley" or summat then slagging is well in order, only time will tell.
Old 15-12-2010, 17:56   #43
Resting in Peace

Quote:
Originally Posted by cashman View Post
Dunno why some are so scathing to the Venky Boys,? the reason they sacked him is a valid one to me, we all know the club "Had" to be sold, even Fat Sam said that, so now its a case of suck it n see, if they are good at there word then fine, if it turns out to be a Turkey,like "Mike Ashley" or summat then slagging is well in order, only time will tell.
To be quite honest cashy I think your right, the only problem I have is that they have no plan B, we need a new manager in now not in two months, are they going to give money to the caretaker manager or are they just going to bring in players at the behest of these agents they are using, the ones mentioned are no better than what we already have, we need proven Prem players not make weight journeymen from the championship
Old 15-12-2010, 20:19   #44
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

Quote:
To be quite honest cashy I think your right, the only problem I have is that they have no plan B, we need a new manager in now not in two months, are they going to give money to the caretaker manager or are they just going to bring in players at the behest of these agents they are using, the ones mentioned are no better than what we already have, we need proven Prem players not make weight journeymen from the championship
just depends,think they know the man they want, so the timescale maybe a red herring, unless unable to get him? could be wrong but suspect someone was sounded out before the takeover, scheming buggers these indians lol ask general custer. lol

Last edited by cashman; 15-12-2010 at 20:21.
cashman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-12-2010, 08:49   #45
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by cashman View Post
just depends,think they know the man they want, so the timescale maybe a red herring, unless unable to get him? could be wrong but suspect someone was sounded out before the takeover, scheming buggers these indians lol ask general custer. lol
I think you might be right with the Red Herring bit Cashy...otherwise its a big mistake...or should i say gamble at least! I'm, still of the mind to see if Ian Holloway is up for the job...assuming they dont want a "yes" man that is.

My first choice would actually be O'Neill but cant see him coming on the budget we have available, so pretty sure he's a no go! But would certainly like it to be a good British Manager in any event!

Best Regards - Taggy

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..