Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > Hobbies and Accy Sport > General Sport and Hobby Talk > Football
Donate! Join Today

Football Talk about anything football related here..Any teams, any topic - so long as its football!

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 01-07-2004, 12:01   #46
God Member

Re: Is Tennis A Pu**ters Game

I'm not laughing;I'm disgusted. Are you seriously saying that this clown Henman has just been rewarded with a third of a million quid for doing little more than turn up for a couple of knock-abouts with a racquet & ball? No wonder British sport is in the state it's in....well, you stick to your puffy tennis. I'm off to Henley tomorrow to see a bit of rowing, a sport where we don't have hype, looney money or hysterical, screaming post-pubescent schoolgirls; we just have world champions.
Tealeaf is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 01-07-2004, 12:06   #47
mez
God Member

oo tea , i like tennis, but have a great day watching the beefy boys rowing// c/y soon.
Old 01-07-2004, 12:07   #48

He was on court more than any other player.

Rowing whats all that about tea?
slater_scott is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2004, 12:08   #49
God Member

Can't blame little Timmy though can you.. He has been brought up playing Tennis. Finds himself to be so good at it that he is the best in his country and as you say theres "hype, looney money or hysterical, screaming post-pubescent schoolgirls."

Whats he to do? Turn it all down in case it upsets some bloke on an accrington messageboard... Nagh he is gonna go for it just as you would if you where good at Tennis and people threw money at you..

Cheer up
Old 01-07-2004, 12:18   #50
God Member

It's just a shame little Timmy was'nt taught how to win....still, I had a right good laugh (although, honestly, I would'nt have done if I'd have known about the dosh)

Rowing? just like any other sport, really....it's all about hard work, committment, skill, sweat.....the usual attributes. Just a shame that it's rarely found at the top levels of English footy or tennis. If it was, we could possibly win something for a change. Ah well, dream on you guys.
Old 01-07-2004, 14:55   #51

Is rowing your new thing now 'leaf now that our Rugby Union team took a pasting down under? Sounds like unless we aren't the best in the world at something you aren't interested! Sportsfan huh?!
Old 01-07-2004, 14:57   #52

Just seen Matthew Pinsett and Steve Redgrave claiming their benefits down at Oak Street by the way!
Old 01-07-2004, 16:38   #53
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ceejache
Is rowing your new thing now 'leaf now that our Rugby Union team took a pasting down under? Sounds like unless we aren't the best in the world at something you aren't interested! Sportsfan huh?!
What a fasinating comment, CJ...you really do need to be careful of what you're taking; I've heard there's a few bad batches around. Anyway, lets hope you're better soon. When you are, read this carefully:

1)As regards rugby, I do not recall making any comments on the England "Down-Under" tour, nor any result forecast. I think it's pretty obvious to anyone that since the World Cup final, we've gone way down. The team has changed substancially and the tactics have changed in Wilko's absence. All of this has been pretty obvious since the 6 nations when we were soundly beaten by the Frogs & Micks. However, unlike those following the beleaguered antics of our footy team, we have not been blinkered by our own stupidity into believing that all is inherently right and the championship would be rightfully ours except for outrageous misfortune.

2) Rowing is just another sport I like. In fact, I like most sports with the exception of those were the hype is greater than the reality, such as tennis & premiership/national footy. Any fool with any sense whatsoever could see what was going to happen to Henman and the footy team; unfortunatly, tribal instincts see otherwise. The great tragedy of English footy is that no one seems capable of grasping the reality and making the thought-out and cold clinical decisions that will lead to at least a fighting chance of reaching the World Cup 2006 finals. First decision - get rid of Sven & Beckham. I really doubt that will happen, though; England will continue to wallow in it's own cesspool of self-idolitry and mediocre footy.
Old 01-07-2004, 17:05   #54

I was joshing to be honest but a couple of points. Be patient as I am currently battling with the demons of ether.....apparently.....

1. (Rugby)I never said you made any predictions about the tour. (Football)No-one was blinkered by stupidity into believing all was right and that by rights we would win. This needs spelling out it seems - we hoped we would win (sorry if that offends you) but never expected to. You put that idea into your own head to justify your bashing sessions.

2. Most of us knew that Henman probably wouldn't win, but again what's wrong with getting behind him and hoping? Again no-one said he would win.....your getting hype mixed up with hope.

Yes, yes....we're all aware that you want Sven and Beckham out and that an English manager should be brought in. I asked on another thread who you think should replace them.....I will ask again - which English manager has the credentials in International Football to take charge (Bobby Robson will not do it as he is at Newcastle until death). Any fool with sense can blame it on the manager and Beckham.

Tamezipan tomorrow so look out for the spelling mistakes.
Old 01-07-2004, 18:54   #55
Senior Member+

Well said Ceejache!......
Smiffy16 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2004, 09:57   #56

Tealeaf, are you sure you arent a german or french in nationality. You seem to hate english sports persons.
Old 04-07-2004, 04:26   #57
Senior Member+

Whats the difference between Tim Henman and Saddam Hussein?

Saddam has a court appearance today

Bazf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2004, 10:41   #58

hey no dissin foreigners
and plz break it up ur actin like a teenager
i shud no
Old 04-07-2004, 10:55   #59

Can you not write a sentance without text talk its hard to understand sometimes.
Old 04-07-2004, 11:39   #60

Are you being serious Sarnie?

Oh God the PC brigade are back in town.....

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..