Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > Hobbies and Accy Sport > General Sport and Hobby Talk > Football
Donate! Join Today

Football Talk about anything football related here..Any teams, any topic - so long as its football!

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 17-07-2006, 20:38   #1
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

Question is the F.A.brain dead?

read today that our beloved sven whose contract ended when the world cup did,will be PAID by our F.A. until 2008 what the hell is going on here? also he should have submitted a what went wrong report to the F.A.prior to last weekends meeting with barwick and the rest of the dumbos, but DIDNT,he was reported enjoying himself at his swedish holiday retreat, i think this is seriously taking the P*** out of the british in general,and for my money he is in breach of contract he no longer has and should get SOD ALL.
Old 17-07-2006, 22:17   #2
God Member

Re: is the F.A.brain dead?

How can he be paid till 2008 when his contract has been expired???

I know this may come as a shock but believe it or not all views I may air on here are my own work!!!!!
harwood red is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-07-2006, 23:06   #3
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by harwood red
How can he be paid till 2008 when his contract has been expired???
thats what i,d like to know red, daily mail page75 Charles sale-sports agenda
Old 17-07-2006, 23:07   #4
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by cashman
thats what i,d like to know red, daily mail page75 Charles sale-sports agenda
sorry but don't have daily mail cashy, but it's unbelievable!!!!!!!!!

I know this may come as a shock but believe it or not all views I may air on here are my own work!!!!!
harwood red is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-07-2006, 23:21   #5
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by harwood red
sorry but don't have daily mail cashy, but it's unbelievable!!!!!!!!!
just look at it as compensation for stuffing us.
Old 19-07-2006, 00:38   #6
Senior Member+

his contract didnt expire - his contract was till the euro 2008 championships

but if u remmeber he and barwick had a meetin that his services wud end at the world cup

now i presume part of this agreement wud b that he wud continue to b paid till then or be paid off his contract
Old 19-07-2006, 00:54   #7
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by mani
his contract didnt expire - his contract was till the euro 2008 championships

but if u remmeber he and barwick had a meetin that his services wud end at the world cup

now i presume part of this agreement wud b that he wud continue to b paid till then or be paid off his contract
ah if thats the case its the usual newspaper bullsh**
Old 19-07-2006, 10:40   #8

YES is the answer to your question.
Old 19-07-2006, 20:57   #9

disgraceful.
RossendaleRed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-07-2006, 16:22   #10
Apprentice Geriatric

Talking Re: is the F.A.brain dead?

If Sven’s contract was until 2008 and the FA kicked him out even by mutual agreement he is entitled to claim payment until the contract naturally expired. That’s contractual law. Whoever breaks a contract compensates the other party. Of course if both parties agree then their agreement overrides the contract. But could anyone realistically see Sven agreeing to anything less than he was entitled to?

But to answer your question cashman, yes the FA must have been brain dead to make such a long term contract in the first place. A national manager’s contract should be no longer than the average player’s contract – 4 years.

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..