Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > Hobbies and Accy Sport > General Sport and Hobby Talk > Football
Donate! Join Today

Football Talk about anything football related here..Any teams, any topic - so long as its football!

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 27-04-2006, 16:51   #1
Senior Member+

Its bigggggggg phil

or so it seems

Big phil scolari is set to become the new england manager...

but according to mr redknapp that legendary trophy laden manager of mighty portsmouth he says its a kick in the teeth for all english managers

is he right?

personally i think this situation has been long time coming - big clubs hire the biggest names who happen to b foreign coaches and all the english managers get left behind at average clubs. none of them have the experience we seek in management esp internationally. what the fa shud do now is make sure in 4 yrs time the backroom set up of the england management team is able to carry on. not with just one potential manager but a few...
Old 27-04-2006, 17:33   #2
Senior Member+

Re: Its bigggggggg phil

The Xenaphobic Sun and the News of the Screws are going to be ****ed off but that is a great decsion for english football, if we don't win it this time we will be favorites next time.
Luiz Felipe Scolari (born November 9, 1948 in Passo Fundo, Rio Grande do Sul, Brazil), also known as Felipão ("Big Phil"), is a Brazilian football coach. He has been coach of the Portuguese national team since 2003. From 2001 to 2002 he coached the Brazilian national team, leading it to victory in the 2002 World Cup. He is widely expected to manage England after the 2006 World Cup.
He has helped to knock England out of their past two major tournaments - with Brazil in the 2002 World Cup quarter-finals, and with Portugal at the same stage in Euro 2004.
By coaching Portugal during its run to the finals of the 2004 European Football Championship, he became the first foreign coach ever to lead any team to the final of that event. He was joined the following day by Otto Rehhagel, the German coach of Portugal's opponents in the final, Greece.
Scolari has also had an auspicious career coaching Brazilian clubs. His first big title was the Brazilian Cup, in 1991, coaching Criciúma, from Santa Catarina. In 1994, Scolari joined one of the biggest and most important teams in South America: Grêmio—from Porto Alegre, in Rio Grande do Sul—where he had also played back in the 1970s. During this outstanding journey, Scolari's Grêmio won: the Brazilian Cup (1994); Libertadores da América (1995), followed by runner-up in the Toyota Cup (World Club Cup) - losing to the legendary Ajax Amsterdam of 1995-1996 in the penalty shootouts; the Recopa (1995); the Brazilian Championship (1996). He has also coached Palmeiras (winning the Libertadores and losing the Toyota Cup title in Tokyo) and Cruzeiro.
As of April 2006, Scolari has been linked with the soon-to-be-vacated post of England manager. On 16 April, it was reported that Scolari had stated that he would not consider any offers until after the expiry of his contract with Portugal at the end of the 2006 World Cup.[1] However, on the 26th of the month, news broke that he had been formally offered a contract to take up the job and was discussing terms with the FA.[2] Websites run by football fans were quick to accept the news as an indication that Scolari would be unveiled as the new England manager.[3]
Scolari once said on a BBC Radio Five Live interview that he admired the Nottingham Forest side of the 1970s and 1980s, and had a lot of respect for their late manager, Brian Clough.

Bazf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-04-2006, 23:45   #3
Senior Member+

Xenaphobic? Its International football, Managers and players representing our country, it should be more than a job to them, i dont think we should get a manger who hops from country to country.
AccyStanFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-04-2006, 07:11   #4

Scolari is a great guy, successful and all but, the National Manager should belong to the nation that he's managing IMO :engsmil:

Last edited by Basher; 28-04-2006 at 13:11.
Basher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-04-2006, 12:42   #5
Senior Member+

So looking at the comments we need someone like Fat Sam to manage the national team, then we can all sit back and watch the rest of the world get better while we hoof the ball forward in good old british style. We last won a major trophy in 1966 and that was on home soil, one of the most successful manager of England was Sven and the press made sure that it wouldn't continue.
Phil for me over any of the candidates that they have chosen.

Bazf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-04-2006, 17:33   #6
God Member

It's not big Phil - he's turned it down!

http://msnsport.skysports.com/list.a...F+ENGLAND+RACE

The views expressed within this post are mine and mine alone.

Gayle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-04-2006, 17:39   #7
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gayle
So who will it be now?

McLaren
Alladyce
O'Niel

JT got any odds on this?

All comments above are nothing to do with here and therefore not the resposibility of the Accrington Web site owners admins or mods.

THEY ARE MINE!!!!

SPUGGIE J is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-04-2006, 17:44   #8
God Member

McLaren seems to be pretty popular but I reckon O'Neil will get it.

The views expressed within this post are mine and mine alone.

Gayle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-04-2006, 18:04   #9
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by SPUGGIE J
So who will it be now?

McLaren
Alladyce
O'Niel

JT got any odds on this?

will have a think and get back to you soon
Old 28-04-2006, 18:16   #10
God Member

http://www.accringtonweb.com/forum/f...tml?%20t=21407

There ya go Spuggie J
Old 28-04-2006, 18:22   #11

Please let it be an Englishman, or at least a Brit :engsmil:
Old 28-04-2006, 19:11   #12
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gayle
Flippin eck, must remember to check out the news before betting in the bookies on here... that's 1000 ackers down the drain

I know this may come as a shock but believe it or not all views I may air on here are my own work!!!!!
harwood red is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-04-2006, 03:44   #13
Senior Member+

*LOL*

hahahaha i was thinkin who's bloody put down for philly?!

anywya reason why he didnt want the job is that he actually got death threats from quite a violent organisation within portugal

apparently it didnt have much to do with the press after all

an english manager?! what?! mr 3-5-2??? its shameful they cudnt score against players from steau how are england ever gonna score against san marino with mr 3-5-2 in charge...

i did think o neill is good but against big phil he's a lame duck... but none the less he's best person out there at the mo

mr 3-5-2 wont last two yrs

« World Cup | Ebay »

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..