Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > Hobbies and Accy Sport > General Sport and Hobby Talk > Football
Donate! Join Today

Football Talk about anything football related here..Any teams, any topic - so long as its football!

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 15-03-2007, 06:00   #1
God Member

League To Consider Scrapping Drawn Games

The Football League board is to consider a proposal to scrap draws and decide matches by penalty shoot-outs, BBC Five Live understands.
The idea will be discussed by Football League chairmen and chief executives at a board meeting on Thursday.

THE LUNATICS HAVE TAKEN OVER THE ASYLUM !!!
Old 15-03-2007, 07:26   #2
God Member

Re: League To Consider Scrapping Drawn Games

I don't agree with deciding a game on them but they could run a parallel league where at the end of the game all players on the pitch at the end take a penalty(any sent off gives an advantage to teh other side). usual 3 pts for a win, 1 for a draw. It would give our players extra practice at them in time for teh next european championship and take away some of teh pressure as they would be second nature

Technical God, No 1 Geek And Linux Guru

Have you seen my Flickr pictures?

entwisi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-03-2007, 08:38   #3
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by lancsdave View Post
The Football League board is to consider a proposal to scrap draws and decide matches by penalty shoot-outs, BBC Five Live understands.
The idea will be discussed by Football League chairmen and chief executives at a board meeting on Thursday.

THE LUNATICS HAVE TAKEN OVER THE ASYLUM !!!
Hang on!.. Football league chairman and chief executives will dicuss?.. the football league can discuss what they like..the sort of rules pub teams play are nowt to do with real footy... for a second there you had me going.

Last edited by Mancie; 15-03-2007 at 08:43.
Mancie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-03-2007, 08:43   #4
I am Banned

It wont be long they will be scrapping the rest of the leagues with exception to primadonna

Why cant they leave footy alone as its supposed to be played instead of stupid beurocrats from the FL being all high & mighty ruining the game!!!
accymel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-03-2007, 09:00   #5
God Member

I suppose the one consolation being a Burnley fan is that we will actually get a penalty if this goes ahead

Almost 60 games since we last had one
Old 15-03-2007, 09:55   #6
God Member

Bloody ludicrous! I know there's been talk about it for cup games - and to a degree I can see the sense in that but for league games - absolutely not!!
AccyMad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-03-2007, 14:34   #7
Senior Member+

Actually its a suggestion from Neil Wan ker Warrnock. The chances of it happening are slim to none, but its a slow news day so he had to have his say.

Bazf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-03-2007, 14:54   #8
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bazf View Post
Actually its a suggestion from Neil Wan ker Warrnock. The chances of it happening are slim to none, but its a slow news day so he had to have his say.
it aint Bazf hes dead against it, go read ceefax.lol
Old 15-03-2007, 14:55   #9
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bazf View Post
Actually its a suggestion from Neil Wan ker Warrnock.

Otherwise known as Colin
Old 15-03-2007, 17:00   #10
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by cashman View Post
it aint Bazf hes dead against it, go read ceefax.lol
Sorry Cash I only get the rss feed headlines from sky over here and the headline said Warnock and no draws fiasco. I presumed that he had suggested it.

Bazf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-03-2007, 12:03   #11
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

have read much about this stupidity now,everyone in football seems to be against it. which brings me to the conclusion that Mahwinney is either (a) totally stupid (which i doubt) or (b) on a sneck lifter from pay per view or the like, to get this through. i reach that conclusion cos tv is the only thing i can think of that would benefit from this stupidity.

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..