Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > Hobbies and Accy Sport > General Sport and Hobby Talk > Football
Donate! Join Today

Football Talk about anything football related here..Any teams, any topic - so long as its football!

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 14-03-2005, 21:32   #1
Senior Member+

Lilly Savage Retires From International Football

Blackburn player Lilly Savage has retired form international football!!!!
Cafu01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 14-03-2005, 21:41   #2
Senior Member+

Re: Lilly Savage Retires From International Football

Lilly has now spat his dummy out and said Wales "are a shambles" under new manager John Toshack.
Savage retired because he couldnt get in the Wales squad of 24 players.
Old 15-03-2005, 00:18   #3

From the Sky Sports story:

Savage admits he is still in a state of shock at having called time on his international career at the age of 30, but claims he was left with no other option but to turn his back on his country.

"I can't believe it at the moment. I will miss everything about playing for Wales," he added. "There are a lot of things I won't miss, but it has happened and I am gutted because it is not for footballing reasons.

Let's make up our mind, shall we?
MichiganRed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-03-2005, 08:03   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cafu01
Lilly has now spat his dummy out and said Wales "are a shambles" under new manager John Toshack.
Savage retired because he couldnt get in the Wales squad of 24 players.
wales arent a shambles, toshack is, he has a problem with a player so leaves him out, obviously his job is to pick the best team, which he has not done
slater_scott is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-03-2005, 11:09   #5
white rabbits

i prefer the real lily savage ,ie paul o grady ,he is much more entertaining ..lol
Old 15-03-2005, 11:42   #6
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by slater_scott
wales arent a shambles, toshack is, he has a problem with a player so leaves him out, obviously his job is to pick the best team, which he has not done
he probably has picked his best team,Savage isnt that good.He just took the mantle when Vinny Jones stopped playing.Who was far better in that role than Savage.Also if you are having problems with certain players most managers leave them out,the individual player doesnt make the team.Few examples ....Paul Ince,Jaap Stam and Lee Sharpe thats just 3 but there are far more and from most of the teams going...
Old 15-03-2005, 12:12   #7

A division 2 player got picked ahead of him.
Old 15-03-2005, 12:49   #8
Senior Member+

Says a lot then, an international manager thinks Lily isn't good enough. Could you imagine the conversation with that ex red bas7654, "Oi boss that sheeep shager tossoff has left me out of the squad see you so I told him look tossoff( I didn't tell him thats our special name for him)Marky was a lot better player then you and he played for Manu and he scored loads of goals and what did you ever do, played for Liverpool with keegy, did you score like Marky eh, eh? no hes the greatest ever and I'm going to tell him you left me out you just wait for his phone call see you.
I know he called and said see yoou mark, now I've got the job and you don't I'm not putting Savage in the squad ,see, as he's a bad influance on the much younger players now, plus Cardiff's futher away from Wrexham then Blackburn and I would'nt want him missing his family like. I said to him you ex scouse git just because you've got european medals now see you doesnt mean I don't know a good player when I see one now and Robbie Savage will fall in to that catogory when I see him.
But Marky I covert the ground you walk on can you get me back in the Wales squad, see you?
Well I asked outright if he doesn't sh*t in your bog and doesn't wind up Ryan would you let him back in,see you?
What did he say oh love of my life?
It was a Russian word ending in OFF.

Bazf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-03-2005, 15:39   #9
Junior Member+

Why would you want to play for a crappy team like wales when you already play for a crappy team like Blackburn?

Nice one Bazf bet the papers play up Marky and Lily.
stanaccrington is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-03-2005, 16:30   #10
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by slater_scott
A division 2 player got picked ahead of him.
What division 2?????
Old 15-03-2005, 19:29   #11
Senior Member+

To be honest i think the critic is overdone.I see Savage as a hard working mid filed player living up to his last name ' Savage'.as to Rovers being a crappy team well they beat Burnley who by the way beat Liverpool.How can Savage be sucking his dummy when certain tea´ms in the Premiereship have players called ' Sissy'? I rest my case seems appropiate LOL!
Old 15-03-2005, 21:31   #12
Senior Member+

Lets look at this logically, if Blackburn arn't crappy then Bournmouth must be superb as they beat you and on Wedensday you should beat us about 4-0 as you beat Burnley and they beat a Liverpool side. Oh Rovers supporters they are always good for a laugh. Talk about laughing I nearly pee'ed myself when you wrote hard working midfield player lives up to his name Savage.
Etymology: Middle English sauvage,

1 a : not domesticated or under human control
b : lacking the restraints normal to civilized human beings
c : lacking complex or advanced culture
Just about sums him up and what a good team to join, one that will break players legs and blame it on the pitch.

Last edited by Bazf; 15-03-2005 at 23:41.
Bazf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-03-2005, 07:54   #13
Senior Member+

Well i am glad you have had a good laugh.Hope you are laughing tomorrow after the game tonight.I still rate savage as a good player.He is just a hard player, along with Tugay and Dickov.The Rovers side show some backbone now and want to play.Not like when Souness was there who i laso rated a hard player but a crappy Manager.
Old 16-03-2005, 09:28   #14

No one can say he doesnt work hard.
Old 16-03-2005, 12:00   #15
Senior Member+

You need to do more than work hard though in football

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..