Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > Hobbies and Accy Sport > General Sport and Hobby Talk > Football
Donate! Join Today

Football Talk about anything football related here..Any teams, any topic - so long as its football!

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 05-08-2008, 18:49   #1
God Member

Liverpool,cheski,Arsenal ..Man Utd ?

Ok it's not far off the start of the battle.. who do you reckon will take the Premiership this season?...I would have seen it as Man Utd, but the Pool have invested heavy.. some good players moved in.. Chelski have got two teams and they look strong.. the Gooners are always good... so let the dogs slip..and upon this charge cry "England and St George" ..what is your prediction for the Premiership this year?
Mancie is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 05-08-2008, 18:59   #2
God Member

Re: Liverpool,cheski,Arsenal ..Man Utd ?

I predict the top 3 will be:

Chelski
Man U
Liverpool.
shakermaker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2008, 19:12   #3
God Member

A typical Scouser that ain't won the league for 18yrs

Mancie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2008, 19:15   #4
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mancie View Post

LOL Mate just the curly hair,tash and shell suit missing Hahahaha, CALM DOWN CALM DOWN
Old 06-08-2008, 17:07   #5
Resting in Peace

I don't think there will be much change in the top four from last term, United are the team to beat, well so my Daughter says,. the only thing is if Arsenal play like they are capable of doing thy coud just surprise everybody, but you still have to fancy United, they've been there, done it, and got the T Shirt
Old 06-08-2008, 17:16   #6
God Member

United, chelsea, arsenal and Liverpool in that order.
Old 06-08-2008, 17:43   #7
Senior Member+

Everton,Villa,Spurs & City.The big 4 are in the champions league(or should that be the billionaires league),they only use the premiership for kick-abouts.
Old 07-08-2008, 10:20   #8
Resting in Peace

Quote:
Originally Posted by maxwell silver View Post
Everton,Villa,Spurs & City.The big 4 are in the champions league(or should that be the billionaires league),they only use the premiership for kick-abouts.
What you saying Maxwell, that the big four buy sucess, never
Old 07-08-2008, 11:16   #9

To be fair liverpool always invest heavily, but it never seems to help them.
they dont have the teamspirit that manutd have ( although it pains me to say that as a leeds fan ) so they tend to stay strong throughout the whole season whereas liverpool crumble.

I think its gonna be a two-dog race between Man u and Chelsea.

but, too early to tell

I love Jaffa Cakes!!

All Hail evil Gloworm!!!

(\__/)
(='.'=) This is Bunny. Copy and paste bunny
(")_(") into your signature to help him gain world domination.

I sometimes lay down at night and stare at the stars and its then i realise.. SOMEONE'S STOLE MY ROOF!!!

I'm always amazed when I hear people saying; "That GORDON BROWN, he's a great leader". And I wonder, where can one find a drug that would make one so delusional?
danny27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2008, 15:09   #10

Liverpool won't win the league whilst Benitez is there. Although they have invested, and I'll say for the better this season (thumbs up for Keane), I still think the manager gets his tactics totally wrong on the domestic front (he does well in Europe). The main problem last season was not going for the kill against the mediocre teams but just trying to stroll through - cost them a lot of points by only getting a draw when the win was there.

So my prediction is Man.Utd to win again, Liverpool second and, surprisingly, Arsenal third. I think Chelski will struggle this term as Big Phil isn't, imho, that good a manager on the domestic front!

Better add that I'm a Liverpool supporter too!

churchman phil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2008, 19:27   #11
Accy Red

Cricket Challenge Champion!

I'm not giving mancie and mthead the pleasure of smirking at my prediction, I think both know I'm as bias as they come and I detest the scum from mancland but if I'm being honest I can't see much change from last season. If I wrong believe me I will be shoving your jokes and whatever else I can find down your throats for being so smug.

"At a football club, there's a holy trinity - the players, the manager and the supporters. Directors don't come into it. They're only there to sign cheques." - Bill Shankly
Bagpuss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2008, 22:04   #12
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

Arsenal, Scum, Chelsea, in that order, 4th place is up fer grabs i think.
Old 09-08-2008, 22:21   #13
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mancie View Post

Hey Mancie......Why not change this image to your Avitar?
Better that Desperate Dan..........you might attract talent scouts from Millwall?

Blackburn Rovers Supporter Since 1950
Royboy39 is offline   Reply With Quote

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..