Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > Hobbies and Accy Sport > General Sport and Hobby Talk > Football
Donate! Join Today

Football Talk about anything football related here..Any teams, any topic - so long as its football!

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 06-04-2009, 11:04   #46
Resting in Peace

Re: liverpool fc

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wynonie Harris View Post
Mancie, while I was in town today, some geezer came up to me in Piccadilly, festooned in Man U shirt, scarf, hat, flag and asked me "how do I get to the football ground"? Although I was sorely tempted to direct him to the Bury-bound tram ("thought you meant Gigg Lane, guv"), I resisted the temptation and sent him on his way to Old Trafford...wasn't you, was it?
I'd have sent him to the City of Manchester Stadium myself Wynonie. That's why their midweek league matches kick of at 8pm the train from Euston don't get into Piccadilly until 7-20pm
Old 07-04-2009, 15:40   #47
God Member

One day at the Liverpool training ground, and an hour before they are due to finish, Benitex says “Lads, I’m gonna have to leave an hour early. Just carry on training and I’ll see you tomorrow.” So they carry on and leave at the normal time.

The next day, Benitez says, “sorry again lads, but I’m gonna have to leave an hour early again. A spot of private business to attend to.” When he’s gone, Hyypia says, “forget this, if he’s going then I am too,” and he takes off.

The next day, the same happens. “Sorry lads, gonna have to leave early again.” So Hyypia says, “Come on lads, lets all go home, he’ll not know”. So they all went home.

When diving Gerrard got back to his house, he saw the gaffer’s car on the drive. So he quietly opened the door, sneaked upstairs and peeped through the bedroom door, only to be shocked by the sight of Benitez making love to his wife.

Rather stunned, Gerrard left the house and goes for a walk. When he noticed the car had gone, he went back into the house.

The following day at training, Benitez says, “Gotta go again lads, sorry. Some private stuff to attend to.” Once again, Hyypia says, “Come on lads, lets all go home again.”

To which Gerrard replies, “forget that, I almost got caught yesterday!”

Do not take life too seriously. You will never get out of it alive.
yerself is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2009, 11:39   #48
Resting in Peace

I watched the United match last night and I have to say I was very disappointed with their performance, the last goal was a joke, they gave the guy the freedom of Old Trafford, its happen as well that their centre half made that huge cock up in the first half or they would be up the creek without a paddle. Even so they now have one hell of a job to qualify for the semis, Porto are no dummies on their own turf. This ain't a dig at United as I've said before I like to see all our teams doing well in Europe except Chelski, but has anybody seen the post on teletext page 414, with these United fans from all over the country saying its time to sack Sir Fergie, what a load of *******, its always the same when they have a blip, god knows what will happen when they go into decline and it will happen believe me ask the scousers, they were once invincible.
Old 08-04-2009, 16:20   #49
God Member

the defending last night was terrible and has been for weeks...as for those saying sack SAF, who do they think will do a better job?...if UTD finish 2nd in the league and manage to get to the FA cup final to my mind that would be a good enough season.
to be honest I think Porto's equalizer has knocked us out of Europe.. so I'll back another English team....come on you Chelski!!
Mancie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2009, 16:26   #50
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

my moneys on Arsenal.
Old 08-04-2009, 16:59   #51
Accy Red

Cricket Challenge Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mancie View Post
to be honest I think Porto's equalizer has knocked us out of Europe..
Utter rubbish you will stuff them in the 2nd leg

"At a football club, there's a holy trinity - the players, the manager and the supporters. Directors don't come into it. They're only there to sign cheques." - Bill Shankly
Bagpuss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2009, 17:14   #52
God Member

Quote:
to be honest I think Porto's equalizer has knocked us out of Europe
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bagpuss View Post
Utter rubbish you will stuff them in the 2nd leg
Methinks some Freaky Friday switcheroo business has gone on here.
shakermaker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2009, 20:43   #53
Accy Red

What with Stanley and then tonights result, football sucks.

"At a football club, there's a holy trinity - the players, the manager and the supporters. Directors don't come into it. They're only there to sign cheques." - Bill Shankly
Old 08-04-2009, 20:45   #54
God Member

Pool 1 Chelski 3...oh deary me..2 shots on target second half and not very good ones!..some of the recent Liverpool glory hunters on here will be upset
Mancie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2009, 20:51   #55
Accy Red

Manc Scum 1 Liverpool 4 - Like yourselves last night mancie we where not good enough on the night, Chelsea's tactics undid us big style, nowt more to say, peed off.

Old 08-04-2009, 20:51   #56
God Member

Quote:
Pool 1 Chelski 3...oh deary me..2 shots on target second half and not very good ones!..some of the recent Liverpool glory hunters on here will be upset
I watched Barca 4 Bayern Munich 0......I agree with one commentator, Man United and Liverpool should concentrate on the premier league, they are not good enough for the Champions league?

Blackburn Rovers Supporter Since 1950
Royboy39 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2009, 20:55   #57
Accy Red

And where have Barca been in recent years?

Old 08-04-2009, 21:10   #58
God Member

Quote:
And where have Barca been in recent years?
Building up to the side they are now..........awesome.

Old 08-04-2009, 21:20   #59
Accy Red

Quote:
Originally Posted by Royboy39 View Post
Building up to the side they are now..........awesome.
We will see how awesome your other team is on Saturday.

Old 08-04-2009, 21:25   #60
God Member

Quote:
We will see how awesome your other team is on Saturday.
I have the happy aptitude not to sulk when my team loose....I will not finish up with egg on my face.....dont know about you?

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..