Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > Hobbies and Accy Sport > General Sport and Hobby Talk > Football
Donate! Join Today

Football Talk about anything football related here..Any teams, any topic - so long as its football!

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 04-05-2005, 17:07   #16
Senior Member+

Re: Liverpool or Chelsea

I see the 2 idiots that ran on the pitch were Spanish, The two people, who were due before Liverpool magistrates today, are well-known in Spain for their pitch invasions. During Euro 2004 one member of the group ran on to the pitch when Portugal were playing and hurled a Barcelona banner at the club's former player Luis Figo.
Like Figo, Mourinho was once a Barcelona favourite but has become a hate figure for fans following the controversy surrounding Chelsea games with the Catalan club in the first knockout round of the Champions League.
Liverpool are set to face disciplinary action from Uefa after pitch invasions during last night's match against Chelsea by two men carrying out a stunt for an infamous Barcelona-based website.
One of the men threw a Barcelona flag in Chelsea manager Jose Mourinho's face while the other leapt into one of the goals before being caught by stewards and arrested by police.
A Uefa spokesman told the Press Association: "We want to study the reports from the referee and match delegate and we will then take action if it is appropriate."

Last edited by Bazf; 04-05-2005 at 17:09.
Bazf is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 04-05-2005, 23:11   #17
Accy Red

Cricket Challenge Champion!

I'm a honest chap and the ball didn't cross the line but I don't give a toss we won 1-0 it said on the score board and that was enough for me. After watching tonight other semi-final to use a quote from the Chelsea manager the best team lost, I thought AC Milan where very lucky to be playing us in the final and see no reason why the reds can't go on and win the cup.

"At a football club, there's a holy trinity - the players, the manager and the supporters. Directors don't come into it. They're only there to sign cheques." - Bill Shankly
Bagpuss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2005, 15:46   #18
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

just a thought- any englishman that does'nt want liverpool to beat milan is a sad lonely git in my opinion, suck on that.
Old 05-05-2005, 22:07   #19
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bagpuss
l to use a quote from the Chelsea manager the best team lost,
The best team on paper

Bazf is offline   Reply With Quote

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..