Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > Hobbies and Accy Sport > General Sport and Hobby Talk > Football
Donate! Join Today

Football Talk about anything football related here..Any teams, any topic - so long as its football!

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 09-01-2011, 12:01   #301
Resting in Peace

Re: Liverpool road to the title 2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mancie View Post
It's the "Royal We" !
Thank god for that, coming from your London Palace
Old 09-01-2011, 13:16   #302
JFT96

Just like to thank today's ref, Howard Webb, Manchester United's 12 player.
Cheating sod

Steve Hogarth, lead singer Marillion
Boeing Guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2011, 13:27   #303
a multieloquent Mule

Xeno Tactic Champion!

Quote:
Hang on Dave.. didn't Dalglish apply for the Pool job in the summer but got a knock back?
I think that was more of a stop gap measure, he put his name forward as the shortlist at the time wasn't to sparkling & as he was better placed it would've made good footballing & economic sense ! Still they went for Hodgson & we all saw how that went !
DaveinGermany is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2011, 13:38   #304

Liverpool now down to 10 to play trafford utds 14.
Alan Varrechia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2011, 14:28   #305
JFT96

So the great unbeatable Manchester United can only win with 1 goal against a 10 man Liverpool, a team who according to all the great manc fans, the ones from anywhere but Manchester, are rubbish. Not much of a victory

Old 09-01-2011, 14:38   #306
Senior Member+

No way was that a penalty .
david1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2011, 14:39   #307
JFT96

And another thing:
Referee Howard Webb awarded MBE for services to Manchester United - Sport and blokey stuff - eRoyton.co.uk

Old 09-01-2011, 15:02   #308
Senior Member+

I'm a million miles away from being a Liverpool fan, but I thought that penalty decision was absolutely disgraceful.

The match was only 30 seconds old. Webb was 25 yards away from the incident, and could not possibly have had a clear view. His linesman, who DID have a clear view, gave nothing. The replays showed the forward took a dive.

What was Webb thinking of?
gynn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2011, 15:08   #309
a multieloquent Mule

Xeno Tactic Champion!

Robbed ! Even Berbatov looked shifty when questioned about the penalty, a touch of conscience perhaps ? Bit to late in the day sadly.
DaveinGermany is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2011, 15:08   #310
JFT96

A steamy session with sir Alex tonight maybe?

Old 09-01-2011, 15:14   #311
God Member

Berbatov went down but not a penalty... mind you the foul on Evans in the Liverpool box was a nailed on pen..
Mancie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2011, 16:23   #312
Senior Member+

[quote=Mancie;874420]Berbatov went down but not a penalty... mind you the foul on Evans in the Liverpool box was a nailed on pen..[/quote

The penalty was perhaps dubious, there is leg contact. However there were other better shouts not given - did Gerrard learn from the Rover's hooligan or vice versa?
Teams down to 10 men often play better than ever, but at the end of the day it is the scoreline that counts - but of course Rovers had already lost interest in the FA Cup before this weekend
I do enjoy seeing all the jealous outporings - just means that we have kept on winning
Old 09-01-2011, 17:07   #313
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by Barrie Yates View Post
I do enjoy seeing all the jealous outporings - just means that we have kept on winning
The day I feel any jealousy on Liverpool's behalf will be the day Hell freezes over. I'm an Everton fan!

Overall, Manchester United were the better team and deserved the win, but I feel they should have achieved it themselves without ludicrous refereeing.
gynn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2011, 22:17   #314
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by gynn View Post
The day I feel any jealousy on Liverpool's behalf will be the day Hell freezes over. I'm an Everton fan!

Overall, Manchester United were the better team and deserved the win, but I feel they should have achieved it themselves without ludicrous refereeing.
Didn't mean to include anyone as being jealous other than the anti-United lot gynn
Old 10-01-2011, 08:31   #315
Resting in Peace

[quote=Barrie Yates;874430]
Quote:
Berbatov went down but not a penalty... mind you the foul on Evans in the Liverpool box was a nailed on pen..[/quote

The penalty was perhaps dubious, there is leg contact. However there were other better shouts not given - did Gerrard learn from the Rover's hooligan or vice versa?
Teams down to 10 men often play better than ever, but at the end of the day it is the scoreline that counts - but of course Rovers had already lost interest in the FA Cup before this weekend
Another United RAW Don't know why teams bother turning up at the Theatre of Merchandising, just mark it down as a home win, and think how it would help the environment, all the petrol fumes blown into the air with those needless trips from down south for the Plastic Mancs

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..