Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > Hobbies and Accy Sport > General Sport and Hobby Talk > Football
Donate! Join Today

Football Talk about anything football related here..Any teams, any topic - so long as its football!

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 13-01-2011, 17:06   #331
Senior Member+

Re: Liverpool road to the title 2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaveinGermany View Post
Oh deary, deary me ! Let's all have a poke shall we ! (must admit though they are quite funny)
As Julie London almost said - "Your day will come"
Accrington Web
Old 13-01-2011, 17:38   #332
Resting in Peace

Quote:
Originally Posted by yerself View Post
The only way the mickey-mousers are likely to lay their hands on a trophy this season.

They've already laid their hands on it 5 times already, I don't think it will be paraded around any town in the North West come May
Old 13-01-2011, 17:40   #333
Resting in Peace

Quote:
Originally Posted by Barrie Yates View Post
As Julie London almost said - "Your day will come"
Well thats what Liverpool Fans said to the plastic mancs for 26 years
Old 13-01-2011, 20:33   #334
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaysay View Post
Well thats what Liverpool Fans said to the plastic mancs for 26 years
It certainly did - with a vengeance
Old 13-01-2011, 21:14   #335
a multieloquent Mule

Xeno Tactic Champion!

Even if Kenny does stay on in charge into the new season, I can't in all honesty see Liverpool being a major force in the League for a couple of years. As it stands there's to much reliance on one or two individuals & a lot of dead wood costing money. It needs taking right down to the ground & a new start with youngsters ! Something similar to what Wenger did at Arsenal only with us eventually picking something up, I can wait ...... Rome wasn't built in a day & all that.
DaveinGermany is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-01-2011, 09:17   #336
Resting in Peace

Quote:
It certainly did - with a vengeance
Think United maybe coming to the end of their gloating period time for Mancie to move on to Arsenal or Cheski
Old 14-01-2011, 10:41   #337
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaysay
Think United maybe coming to the end of their gloating period time
I've thought that once or twice but Fergie ( or Taggart as one of the Gallaghers refers to him) keeps coming up with the goods.
Glory glory Man United.

Do not take life too seriously. You will never get out of it alive.
yerself is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-01-2011, 17:42   #338
Senior Member+

Quote:
Think United maybe coming to the end of their gloating period time for Mancie to move on to Arsenal or Cheski
Who is top of the Premiership then? Certainly not Rovers, they did it once but why could they not sustain the effort? Lack of support maybe, poor management, apathy, Jack Walker pulling the plug? Just hope they keep avoiding relegation Jay brcause if they go down they will have one real struggle to get back
Old 14-01-2011, 18:05   #339
Resting in Peace

Quote:
Who is top of the Premiership then? Certainly not Rovers, they did it once but why could they not sustain the effort? Lack of support maybe, poor management, apathy, Jack Walker pulling the plug? Just hope they keep avoiding relegation Jay brcause if they go down they will have one real struggle to get back
Come on Barrie were not the Dingles, or as we call um at Ewood the near men, they were nearly a prem team, and unfortunately Jack Walker died the only true football supporter who has owned a Premiership Club, he didn't sink Rovers into £800,000,000 of debt and milked the fans like some yanks are doing
Old 14-01-2011, 19:35   #340
God Member

Quote:
What gloating period are you on about Gump?..seeing as I've supported United since the mid 70's and never "moved" anywhere?
Mancie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-01-2011, 20:30   #341
Senior Member+

Quote:
Come on Barrie were not the Dingles, or as we call um at Ewood the near men, they were nearly a prem team, and unfortunately Jack Walker died the only true football supporter who has owned a Premiership Club, he didn't sink Rovers into £800,000,000 of debt and milked the fans like some yanks are doing
Sorry Jay, but it was 5 years between Rovers winning the Premiership and Jack Walker's death. He also broke the British transfer record twice, so there is some truth in the statement that he bought the title. What happened after the '94/95 season - did he lose interest or what?
As for Burnley, well, ruined by an ego - the Butcher Boy, but I did watch them play in the European Cup against Hamburg - and they won, back in the late '50s long before Rovers played in the European Cup.
At the end of the day, it all comes around that goes around. Mancie has been there since the '70s, for me it was Coleman, Edwards, Taylor and the like that caught my imagination - and my unswerving loyalty.
Each of us to his own, let us continue to enjoy the banter and most of all enjoy the football
Old 14-01-2011, 21:43   #342
God Member

Quote:
but I did watch them play in the European Cup against Hamburg - and they won, back in the late '50s long before Rovers played in the European Cup.

Woah Barrie, lets not go too far back, it was 50 years next Tuesday when you watched that game
Old 15-01-2011, 08:57   #343
Resting in Peace

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mancie View Post
What gloating period are you on about Gump?..seeing as I've supported United since the mid 70's and never "moved" anywhere?
Don't think you've been there much either
Old 15-01-2011, 09:44   #344
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by lancsdave View Post
Woah Barrie, lets not go too far back, it was 50 years next Tuesday when you watched that game
Still remains in my memory, went straight from work (apprentice at Prestige), via a few pubs, great game, Ponter, McIlroy, Pilkington, Miner's Club after the game, onto the train home, quite legless
Old 15-01-2011, 09:48   #345
Resting in Peace

Quote:
Still remains in my memory, went straight from work (apprentice at Prestige), via a few pubs, great game, Ponter, McIlroy, Pilkington, Miner's Club after the game, onto the train home, quite legless
I remember running home from school to watch the second leg v Hamberg, always remember the goal posts they were square

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..