Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > Hobbies and Accy Sport > General Sport and Hobby Talk > Football
Donate! Join Today

Football Talk about anything football related here..Any teams, any topic - so long as its football!

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 25-01-2011, 20:39   #376
Senior Member+

Re: Liverpool road to the title 2011

It has got to something when we give a team 2 goals start and still win - quite a few teams have fallen at Bloomfield road this year - but not La creme. Catch us if you can, the Premiership is ours to lose
Accrington Web
Old 25-01-2011, 21:09   #377
a multieloquent Mule

Xeno Tactic Champion!

What can you say ? 2 up then to lose 3-2, sounds like Stanley
DaveinGermany is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-01-2011, 23:34   #378
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaveinGermany View Post
C'mon the Reds????????????????????
Old 25-01-2011, 23:38   #379
Senior Member+

Quote:
Hey Dave - Off thread, but went into Aldi and they had Berliner Kindl, bought some obviously, what a taste, what memories. the Jazz Bar on Theodor Heutz Platz and many other places of somewhat dubious repute in the Charlottenburg area, the military train - fun years.
Old 26-01-2011, 09:13   #380
Resting in Peace

Quote:
Originally Posted by Barrie Yates View Post
It has got to something when we give a team 2 goals start and still win - quite a few teams have fallen at Bloomfield road this year - but not La creme. Catch us if you can, the Premiership is ours to lose
Another United RAW, think Stanley could win the Prem with the help they get from refs, mind you they had to take the Fat Lad off before they started to play and the plastics only started singing 15 minutes from normal time, but it was nice to hear all those Southern Voice pipe up after being so quite for 75 minutes
Old 26-01-2011, 12:43   #381
a multieloquent Mule

Xeno Tactic Champion!

Quote:
Hey Dave - Off thread, but went into Aldi and they had Berliner Kindl, bought some obviously, what a taste, what memories. the Jazz Bar on Theodor Heutz Platz and many other places of somewhat dubious repute in the Charlottenburg area, the military train - fun years.

Falkenseer Chaussee. That's where the Irish Pub in Berlin I was on about was, mind you we're going back to 93/95 And to neatly get back on thread, by buying that bottled ditch water you merely confirm your lack of style & taste with your support of terrible "Beer", terrible football club ! Say no more squire.
Old 26-01-2011, 16:25   #382
Senior Member+

Quote:
Falkenseer Chaussee. That's where the Irish Pub in Berlin I was on about was, mind you we're going back to 93/95 And to neatly get back on thread, by buying that bottled ditch water you merely confirm your lack of style & taste with your support of terrible "Beer", terrible football club ! Say no more squire.
Do I understand then that you were a fan of Schultheiss- when you weren't in the Irish Bar? "Terrible Football Club" - where are you coming from? Your lot will be lucky to finish in the top half of the table - how are the mighty fallen
Old 26-01-2011, 16:44   #383
Senior Member+

Quote:
I think you're probably right Barrie. But can they go through the season undefeated. It we be some achievement if they manage it.
Bernard Dawson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-01-2011, 16:47   #384
a multieloquent Mule

Xeno Tactic Champion!

Couldn't do either Schull or Kindl, definitely not for me. As to the season finish, well we'll just have to wait & see wont we, hopefully Kenny can get a grip of 'em & get them squared away.
Old 26-01-2011, 17:38   #385
Resting in Peace

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bernard Dawson View Post
I think you're probably right Barrie. But can they go through the season undefeated. It we be some achievement if they manage it.
With the 12th man helping them it is possible
Old 26-01-2011, 17:51   #386
Accy Red

Cricket Challenge Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaysay View Post
With the 12th man helping them it is possible
Did anyone actually watch the game? At 2-0 Blackpool had the biggest penalty claim of the season turned down. I doubt even the scum would have come back from 3-0, dare I say one of Utds goals was offside !!!

"At a football club, there's a holy trinity - the players, the manager and the supporters. Directors don't come into it. They're only there to sign cheques." - Bill Shankly
Bagpuss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-01-2011, 07:58   #387
Resting in Peace

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bagpuss View Post
Did anyone actually watch the game? At 2-0 Blackpool had the biggest penalty claim of the season turned down. I doubt even the scum would have come back from 3-0, dare I say one of Utd's goals was offside !!!
well you dare Baggy but in mitigation the linesman did have a Wednesday morning appointment at Specsavers
Old 27-01-2011, 08:24   #388
a multieloquent Mule

Xeno Tactic Champion!

1 : 0 (Own goal) but a win none the less 7th I can live with that.
Old 27-01-2011, 08:36   #389
Senior Member+

Quote:
1 : 0 (Own goal) but a win none the less 7th I can live with that.
Glad someone can score for you Watch out for the nosebleeds at such heights - you aren't used to it any more
Old 27-01-2011, 08:42   #390
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

Quote:
Glad someone can score for you Watch out for the nosebleeds at such heights - you aren't used to it any more
Thats true, but Fatso couldn't score in a brothel.

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..