Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > Hobbies and Accy Sport > General Sport and Hobby Talk > Football
Donate! Join Today

Football Talk about anything football related here..Any teams, any topic - so long as its football!

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 06-02-2011, 14:36   #421

Re: Liverpool road to the title 2011

I reckon that should stir em up Jay.
Alan Varrechia is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 06-02-2011, 14:41   #422
Resting in Peace

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alan Varrechia View Post
I reckon that should stir em up Jay.
I tries mi best Alan but I think they may just be waiting until after the Chelski v Liverpool shindig before venturing on here, they're probably think that if the scousers get licked it could well deflect from there little cock up last night
Old 06-02-2011, 15:13   #423
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaysay View Post
I notice there are has been a distinct lack of plastic mancs on here since around 1930hrs Yesterday cashy, wonder why
I do have a life which comes before Accyweb.
I suppose we had to lose sometime - it could have been worse - if it had been Rovers, but stopped having nightmares when I was a young child. Anyway, we are still in the top half of the league, notice that Rovers aren't and as for goal difference - well
Haven't bothered looking at League 2 Cashy, but I doubt that Stanley will be in the top half of the table. One can only think that they have reached their natural level.
I still say it is ours to lose.
Old 06-02-2011, 16:28   #424
a multieloquent Mule

Xeno Tactic Champion!

Pool 1 : 0 Chelski as it stands, which is nice !
DaveinGermany is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2011, 17:00   #425
a multieloquent Mule

Xeno Tactic Champion!

We went the Bridge & beat them, 1 nil ! 1 nil !
We went the Bridge & beat them, 1 nil ! 1 nil ! Ay

Chelski 0 ! The POOL 1 !!!!!

Steady away, solid performance, not extravagant & flash just dig in & work hard. Torres ? We didn't miss him today & he certainly didn't excel for Chelski either.

Keep looking over your shoulders Boys !
Old 06-02-2011, 17:03   #426
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaveinGermany View Post
We went the Bridge & beat them, 1 nil ! 1 nil !
We went the Bridge & beat them, 1 nil ! 1 nil ! Ay

Steady away, solid performance, not extravagant & flash just dig in & work hard. Torres ? We didn't miss him today & he certainly didn't excel for Chelski either.

Keep looking over your shoulders Boys !
Absolutely great Dave - at least your lot are trying to make sure that a Lancashire club win the Premiership, even though we are the greatest rivals - the other Lancashire clubs are only there to make up the numbers - cannon fodder.
Old 06-02-2011, 17:39   #427
a multieloquent Mule

Xeno Tactic Champion!

Aye Barrie, there are a few dragging their heels, come on lads Buck up !!

You know who you are, spit-spot !! Lay off the Curries !
Old 06-02-2011, 19:53   #428
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

i just loved the scousers singing "Torres, Torres", whats the score.
Old 06-02-2011, 19:56   #429
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Barrie Yates View Post
Haven't bothered looking at League 2 Cashy, but I doubt that Stanley will be in the top half of the table. One can only think that they have reached their natural level.
I still say it is ours to lose.
yeh but its a level attained wi hard work n no money, which is to be proud of,unlike some.
Old 06-02-2011, 20:00   #430
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by cashman View Post
yeh but its a level attained wi hard work n no money, which is to be proud of,unlike some.
...and which we are very proud of indeed. You know, Barrie, the sort of natural pride that you take in your home town club...oh no, sorry, you don't, do you?
Wynonie Harris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2011, 09:00   #431
Resting in Peace

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaveinGermany View Post
Aye Barrie, there are a few dragging their heels, come on lads Buck up !!

You know who you are, spit-spot !! Lay off the Curries !
Ya but some of us can't spend an average of over £50 million a year to try and buy the title or in Uniteds case buy the title
Old 07-02-2011, 09:05   #432
Resting in Peace

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wynonie Harris View Post
...and which we are very proud of indeed. You know, Barrie, the sort of natural pride that you take in your home town club...oh no, sorry, you don't, do you?
The Theatre of Merchandising is full of plastic mancs and the rest watch on tell, oh by the way to get to Old Trafford you turn left or right off the M6 depending where your coming from, to find the ground asK a policeman they're well versed in pointing visitors in the right direction
Old 07-02-2011, 10:30   #433
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wynonie Harris View Post
Quite right Wyn - called freedom of choice. I and many others have given a fair slice of our lives ensuring that we, which includes you as well, retain that freedom. 7
Is it any different Jay than when Jack Walker broke the British transfer record twice to win the title? or do you want to sweep that under the carpet. It has always seemed strange that you could never hang onto your better players or managers, interesting to know the reasons for that.
Old 07-02-2011, 10:36   #434
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!

Quote:
Quite right Wyn - called freedom of choice. I and many others have given a fair slice of our lives ensuring that we, which includes you as well, retain that freedom. 7
Is it any different Jay than when Jack Walker broke the British transfer record twice to win the title? or do you want to sweep that under the carpet. It has always seemed strange that you could never hang onto your better players or managers, interesting to know the reasons for that.
yeh it is different barrie, i would never expect a plastic manc,to grasp the fact though, i n loads went to blackburn n burnley in 62 when accy had NO team, watched em through 3 different divisions of football, n still never went elsewhere fer the glory.
Old 07-02-2011, 10:38   #435
Resting in Peace

Quote:
Watch the house of cards come tumbling down when Sir Red Nose packs it in, you only have to look what happens to any top team when they lose there mentor Butch Wilkins at Chelski, When Fergie goes United will find themselves paying out million after million to try and keep the status quo or a bit Liverpoolesk and believe me it will happen, you only have to look back to the time when Matt Busby called it a day, it took 26 years to climb the ladder of success again

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..