Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > Hobbies and Accy Sport > General Sport and Hobby Talk > Football
Donate! Join Today

Football Talk about anything football related here..Any teams, any topic - so long as its football!

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 07-02-2011, 11:02   #436
Super Moderator

Re: Liverpool road to the title 2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Barrie Yates View Post
Quite right Wyn - called freedom of choice. I and many others have given a fair slice of our lives ensuring that we, which includes you as well, retain that freedom.
...and that also includes the freedom for me to tell you why you should be supporting your hometown club and not Stretford United. However, I have now seen you with my own eyes soaking up the atmosphere at the REAL Field of Dreams, so I'm confident that you have taken the first small steps to returning "home" where you belong!
Wynonie Harris is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 07-02-2011, 13:03   #437
a multieloquent Mule

Xeno Tactic Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaysay View Post
Ya but some of us can't spend an average of over £50 million a year to try and buy the title or in Uniteds case buy the title
Good business sense Jay, 2007 we signed him from Atletico for 26,5 Mill on a 6 year contract, nearly 4 years later we flog him to Chelski for 50 Mill = profit of 23,5 Mill, which is then re-invested plus a bit for Carroll & Suarez & we got a few bob for Babel !

Never mind Jay, your Curry kings are business folk so no doubt they'll come up with something or other in the near future ....... who knows, they may be getting pilau-eried at the moment but Korma blimey they may make a late rush Balti-ng up the table Bahji-ing past all those detractors !
DaveinGermany is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2011, 16:56   #438
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wynonie Harris View Post
...and that also includes the freedom for me to tell you why you should be supporting your hometown club and not Stretford United. However, I have now seen you with my own eyes soaking up the atmosphere at the REAL Field of Dreams, so I'm confident that you have taken the first small steps to returning "home" where you belong!
True, I was talked into going to watch a football match - unfortunately only one team turned up that day and it wasn't Stanley.
Will give it another try - will also let you see a photograph of me wearing a Centenary Shirt
Old 07-02-2011, 16:58   #439
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaveinGermany View Post
Good business sense Jay, 2007 we signed him from Atletico for 26,5 Mill on a 6 year contract, nearly 4 years later we flog him to Chelski for 50 Mill = profit of 23,5 Mill, which is then re-invested plus a bit for Carroll & Suarez & we got a few bob for Babel !

Never mind Jay, your Curry kings are business folk so no doubt they'll come up with something or other in the near future ....... who knows, they may be getting pilau-eried at the moment but Korma blimey they may make a late rush Balti-ng up the table Bahji-ing past all those detractors !
I wonder what the 2 British transfer records that Rovers broke are worth in today's money
Old 07-02-2011, 17:02   #440
Senior Member+

Quote:

How does the saying go - "You have to speculate to accumulate".?
Old 07-02-2011, 17:45   #441
Resting in Peace

Quote:

£26.5 mill £25 mill in wages net loss £1.5 mill and always remember Davy old boy we HAVE done something that Liverpool have FAILED to do dispite throwing £100s of millions at it, Win The prem
Old 07-02-2011, 19:53   #442
a multieloquent Mule

Xeno Tactic Champion!

Patience, as they say Jay is a virtue ! Just keep watching this space.
Old 07-02-2011, 20:11   #443
Super Moderator

Quote:
True, I was talked into going to watch a football match - unfortunately only one team turned up that day and it wasn't Stanley.
Will give it another try - will also let you see a photograph of me wearing a Centenary Shirt
It happens - only one team turned up at Molineaux on Saturday I believe? However, I'm very pleased to hear that you'll be returning to the Crown. After 50-odd years, the bug is beginning to bite. Welcome home, lad!
Old 07-02-2011, 21:32   #444
Senior Member+

Quote:
It happens - only one team turned up at Molineaux on Saturday I believe? However, I'm very pleased to hear that you'll be returning to the Crown. After 50-odd years, the bug is beginning to bite. Welcome home, lad!
Didn't say when, and who I would be supporting
Old 08-02-2011, 07:22   #445
Super Moderator

Quote:
Didn't say when, and who I would be supporting
Barrie, I confidently predict you'll be there before the end of the season and you'll be supporting the Red men. It's in your blood...submit to your destiny!
Old 08-02-2011, 09:08   #446
Resting in Peace

Quote:
Patience, as they say Jay is a virtue ! Just keep watching this space.
Been watching it since 1990 mind you its not 26 years yet
Old 08-02-2011, 09:10   #447
Resting in Peace

Quote:
Barrie, I confidently predict you'll be there before the end of the season and you'll be supporting the Red men. It's in your blood...submit to your destiny!
Are United appearing in a benefit match for somebody Wyn
Old 08-02-2011, 10:36   #448
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaysay View Post
Are United appearing in a benefit match for somebody Wyn
Nice one Jay
Old 08-02-2011, 12:41   #449
God Member

Quote:
would have been cheaper in the Streford End!
Not now, I've just got my tickets for the FA cup match against Crawley, £34 and that's with my £5 members discount. They've gone on open sale now if you're interested jaysay and DiG.

Do not take life too seriously. You will never get out of it alive.
yerself is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2011, 14:38   #450
a multieloquent Mule

Xeno Tactic Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by yerself View Post
if you're interested jaysay and DiG.
You'd be surprised at how uninterested I am Yerself ! But still thanks for the consideration.

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..