Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > Hobbies and Accy Sport > General Sport and Hobby Talk > Football
Donate! Join Today

Football Talk about anything football related here..Any teams, any topic - so long as its football!

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 08-02-2011, 14:40   #451
a multieloquent Mule

Xeno Tactic Champion!
Re: Liverpool road to the title 2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by yerself View Post
if you're interested jaysay and DiG.
You'd be surprised at how uninterested I am Yerself ! But still thanks for the consideration.

You really need to leave the Whisky alone of a School Day, it puts daft ideas into your head.
DaveinGermany is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 08-02-2011, 17:54   #452
Resting in Peace

Quote:
Originally Posted by yerself View Post
Not now, I've just got my tickets for the FA cup match against Crawley, £34 and that's with my £5 members discount. They've gone on open sale now if you're interested jaysay and DiG.
Na yerself, that would be very expensive toilet paper
Old 08-02-2011, 21:41   #453
Super Moderator

Think on this, Barrie:

Jaysay...DaveinGermany...Yerself...three football fans with widely differing allegiances, but they all have one thing in common - they have Stanley as their second club.

You too could join this happy band!
Wynonie Harris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2011, 09:11   #454
Resting in Peace

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wynonie Harris View Post
Think on this, Barrie:

Jaysay...DaveinGermany...Yerself...three football fans with widely differing allegiances, but they all have one thing in common - they have Stanley as their second club.

Plastic Mancs are far to set in their ways for that Wyn
Old 09-02-2011, 09:17   #455
Senior Member+

Quote:
Think on this, Barrie:

Well, I certainly don't have the lot from Wastelands, the Scousers or that lot from down the road - to the West as my second choice - who is it? For me to know and you to guess
Old 09-02-2011, 18:47   #456
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Barrie Yates View Post
Well, I certainly don't have the lot from Wastelands, the Scousers or that lot from down the road - to the West as my second choice - who is it? For me to know and you to guess
It was a rhetorical question. I assumed that like every other Accringtonian I've ever met who supports an out-of-town club, Stanley would be your natural choice as a second club.

Hmmm...I can see your conversion is going to be more difficult than I thought.
Old 09-02-2011, 19:20   #457
JFT96

Being a honorary Accringtonian, I consider Stanley as my Second team. Well it beats Tranmere anyday.

Steve Hogarth, lead singer Marillion
Boeing Guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2011, 20:13   #458
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boeing Guy View Post
Being a honorary Accringtonian, I consider Stanley as my Second team. Well it beats Tranmere anyday.
Glad to hear it, BG!
Old 12-02-2011, 16:16   #459
Senior Member+

My thoughts go to Jay and DinG, both slipped further behind La Creme de La Creme today, and we were playing another team in the top four.
Not only that Jay, but your "Fat Boy *****" scored what will probably be a very strong contender for goal of the season - and the money could start rolling in from Qatar if the papers are to be believed - Catch us if you can.
Stanley - waterlogged ground? This was raised earlier in the week - isn't it time they got their act together - where were the Southend fans when it was called off?
Old 12-02-2011, 17:23   #460
JFT96

Barry, where were you last week?????? You must remember that? La creme etc were trounced by the team at the BOTTOM of the table!!!!! Yet not a peep.
So by that count, we would have preferred a win but there you go, so we gained 3 points on you and lost only one today. I don't think though we have a chance of the top three this year, but hey at least we don't have £700,000,000.00 + of debt to worry about

Old 12-02-2011, 18:07   #461
JFT96

Oh and the very latest on this so called buy out is here:
How the Glazers and Qatar are playing a no-lose battle over Manchester United – Telegraph Blogs

but then the story about the deal being done and dusted, is in the Daily Express.......says it all really

Last edited by Boeing Guy; 12-02-2011 at 18:11.
Old 12-02-2011, 20:32   #462
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Barrie Yates View Post
Stanley - waterlogged ground? This was raised earlier in the week - isn't it time they got their act together - where were the Southend fans when it was called off?
Just for once, Barrie, I agree with you! As for the Saffend fans, they were otside the ground looking mighty disgruntled...and who can blame them?
Old 12-02-2011, 23:30   #463
God Member

Quote:
Just for once, Barrie, I agree with you! As for the Saffend fans, they were otside the ground looking mighty disgruntled...and who can blame them?
Yep I can just imagine.. all three of them.. I bet it could have turned right proper nasty but for the massive police presence..
All in all not a bad day..Stanley and Rovers don't lose.. United win (and Nani's goal was as good as Rooney's)..king kenny's liverpool (the city that never sleeps on giro day) ..could only scrape a draw.
Mancie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-02-2011, 07:52   #464
JFT96

Mancie, where were you last week when your lot got STUFFED??????????????????

Old 13-02-2011, 09:24   #465
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boeing Guy View Post
Barry, where were you last week?????? You must remember that? La creme etc were trounced by the team at the BOTTOM of the table!!!!! Yet not a peep.
So by that count, we would have preferred a win but there you go, so we gained 3 points on you and lost only one today. I don't think though we have a chance of the top three this year, but hey at least we don't have £700,000,000.00 + of debt to worry about
May I have the audacity to refer you to post 423, you obviously have a problem in remembering back a few days - and 2-1 is hardly a trouncing. Jay can probably explain a trouncing better than me

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..