Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > Hobbies and Accy Sport > General Sport and Hobby Talk > Football
Donate! Join Today

Football Talk about anything football related here..Any teams, any topic - so long as its football!

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 16-02-2011, 19:55   #481
God Member

Re: Liverpool road to the title 2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaysay View Post
Ah see the Mancs are on the telly again for a change
I presume you're talking about the upcoming F.A. cup match ..who do Rovers play this weekend?
Mancie is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 17-02-2011, 09:31   #482
Resting in Peace

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mancie View Post
I presume you're talking about the upcoming F.A. cup match ..who do Rovers play this weekend?
we're only two thirds of the season and the plastics have already been on the box 30 near on times, might well be okay for armchair fans like you and Barrie, but the rest of the country are sick to the back teeth of the red nosed one pointing at his watch, think that took the biscuit when the commentator in the last round said this is the tie of the round Southampton v Manchester United Reserves
Old 17-02-2011, 13:14   #483
Senior Member+

Quote:
we're only two thirds of the season and the plastics have already been on the box 30 near on times, might well be okay for armchair fans like you and Barrie, but the rest of the country are sick to the back teeth of the red nosed one pointing at his watch, think that took the biscuit when the commentator in the last round said this is the tie of the round Southampton v Manchester United Reserves
Seeing that we are still in the FA Cup and Rovers aren't - does this mean that our Reserve side is better than Rover's first team?
Old 17-02-2011, 18:10   #484
Resting in Peace

Quote:
Originally Posted by Barrie Yates View Post
Seeing that we are still in the FA Cup and Rovers aren't - does this mean that our Reserve side is better than Rover's first team?
Well it certainly cost more Plus you've played nout yet, suppose its in the rules really no Prem teams for United until the last 8 or better still last four, by order of Fergie
Old 18-02-2011, 16:13   #485
a multieloquent Mule

Xeno Tactic Champion!

Pretty tame showing last night but we didn't concede anything, hopefully we'll get a grip next week when they come to Anfield.
DaveinGermany is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-02-2011, 17:54   #486
Resting in Peace

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaveinGermany View Post
Pretty tame showing last night but we didn't concede anything, hopefully we'll get a grip next week when they come to Anfield.
Ya dave a bit of a let down after the two previous nights with great displays from both Spurs and Arsenal, and a great couple of rounds of boxing thrown in, mind you I think Gattuso picked on the wrong chap in Joe Jordon never mind how old he is, he was lucky his mates dragged him away
Old 19-02-2011, 00:27   #487
God Member

Quote:
5 times Dave.. but you can't get a grip on the real cup if you ain't in it.. FA and Champs league.. euro cup means nowt!
Old 19-02-2011, 04:32   #488
God Member

Just a thought Dave.. who are you lot playing this weekend?..
Old 19-02-2011, 09:53   #489
a multieloquent Mule

Xeno Tactic Champion!

Quote:
Just a thought Dave.. who are you lot playing this weekend?..
As it happens they're having a day off, but doing some charitable work I believe in so much as they're heading up to old scaffold to cheer on Crawley Town !
DaveinGermany is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-02-2011, 10:02   #490
Resting in Peace

Quote:
As it happens they're having a day off, but doing some charitable work I believe in so much as they're heading up to old scaffold to cheer on Crawley Town !
Ya Dave its surprising just how well supported Crawley Town are, never realised they had millions and millions of supporters world wide come on the Town
Old 20-02-2011, 17:43   #491
Senior Member+

Quote:
Ya Dave its surprising just how well supported Crawley Town are, never realised they had millions and millions of supporters world wide come on the Town
Well, they did give United a better challenge than Rovers did the last time that they played United - but perhaps the Crawley team cost more than Rovers team did - one good thing about this weekend, Rovers didn't get any closer to the relegation zone
Old 20-02-2011, 21:13   #492
God Member

Quote:
Well, they did give United a better challenge than Rovers did the last time that they played United - but perhaps the Crawley team cost more than Rovers team did - one good thing about this weekend, Rovers didn't get any closer to the relegation zone
Yep.. and 7 times more support than Rovers brought to OT.. 74,500 . just waiting for Jaysay and co to say they were all from down south.. City done Notts County 5-0 .. not much more than the home supporters at Eastlands.. half empty stadium ... and no I did not go to the match.. I am an armchair supporter these days.
Old 20-02-2011, 21:47   #493
Senior Member+

Quote:
Yep.. and 7 times more support than Rovers brought to OT.. 74,500 . just waiting for Jaysay and co to say they were all from down south.. City done Notts County 5-0 .. not much more than the home supporters at Eastlands.. half empty stadium ... and no I did not go to the match.. I am an armchair supporter these days.
Very difficult to get a ticket for the Theatre of Dreams (unlike Ewood Park), unless you want to pay a tout - and then there is a good chance that the ticket won't get you in - I did hear that at Wastelands they will even pay you to swell the crowd in the biggest council house in UK.
Old 21-02-2011, 12:55   #494
Senior Member+

Quote:
Ya one swallow doesn't make a summer, mind you when they get shut he'll become just another thieving bin dipping scouser
Think I read that bookings are the only thing that Rovers have got more of than United. Another great week for you, United on the box again on Wednesday but surprised they are not on TV next weekend.
Old 21-02-2011, 18:01   #495
Resting in Peace

Quote:
Think I read that bookings are the only thing that Rovers have got more of than United. Another great week for you, United on the box again on Wednesday but surprised they are not on TV next weekend.
Well they ain't on my telly when theres a choice

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..