Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > Hobbies and Accy Sport > General Sport and Hobby Talk > Football
Donate! Join Today

Football Talk about anything football related here..Any teams, any topic - so long as its football!

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 27-02-2011, 18:34   #511
Senior Member+

Re: Liverpool road to the title 2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaysay View Post
No Chance they only get a few thousand tickets, United need all the room for the plastic manc trophy hunters
Isn't "a few thousand" all you get for a home game?
Accrington Web
Old 27-02-2011, 18:40   #512
Senior Member+

Oh dear. We have to be careful or we will be considered to have gone off thread - but I suppose we did that on the first page
Great weekend for Stanley and United fans, same same weekend for Rovers and that Scouse lot, another weekend and another 3 points dropped - even better that the Gooners got beaten today.
Suppose i must say that I think Liverpool's aspirations for the Premiership title are long gone - perhaps Mancie was talking of another title.
Old 01-03-2011, 13:24   #513
Senior Member+

Well, suppose I need to get my black tie out just in case - this is the only game that I don't think we can win, but, hope springs eternal, so we will see.
Was hoping to watch it with my lads but some problems at Euston Station and some trains have been cancelled
Old 01-03-2011, 20:40   #514
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Barrie Yates View Post
Well, suppose I need to get my black tie out just in case - this is the only game that I don't think we can win, but, hope springs eternal, so we will see.
Ah well you were right Barrie.. great match but when the Ref is a chelski supporter there's no way we could have got anything from the game!
Mancie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2011, 20:59   #515
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

oer 90 mins Chelsea deserved it, simple as. sorry 95 mins forgot it was united.
Old 01-03-2011, 21:09   #516

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mancie View Post
Ah well you were right Barrie.. great match but when the Ref is a chelski supporter there's no way we could have got anything from the game!
You mean they actually found a non united ref!!!!! Thought they were extinct.
Alan Varrechia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2011, 21:15   #517
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by cashman View Post
oer 90 mins Chelsea deserved it, simple as. sorry 95 mins forgot it was united.
I'd say United were all over Chelski in the first half.. second half Chelski had it.. but that was with help from the ref .. it was plain to see what was happening.. Rooney and Nani were getting booted all over the gaff and the ref did nothing.. people will say it's just desserts because Rooney should have been banned and not allowed to play in this match and United have been lucky with decisions this season... but a bad ref is a bad ref whichever team you support.. I did'nt see much wrong with Torres goal in the first half.. but then a clear handball from Terry in the box.. nailed on pen... the ref was bad and that's the end of it!
Old 02-03-2011, 07:51   #518
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

Quote:
the ref was bad and that's the end of it!
yep bad ref from your point of view, i concede that, he never played 20 mins injury time.
Old 02-03-2011, 08:41   #519
Resting in Peace

What an absolutely terrible Ref. what ever was he thinking about give Chelski that penalty and as for the sending of well I'm lost for words, Martin Atkinson must have forgot that when reffing United Games you must adhere to United rules, how else have they won all those titles at least 5 have been RA. No doubt Fergie the Red Nosed Scotsman will insist Mark Clutterbucket gives Prem refs a course in handling United matches, just to make sure this doesn't happen again
Old 02-03-2011, 10:44   #520
a multieloquent Mule

Xeno Tactic Champion!

Come on ! Even we beat Chelski.
DaveinGermany is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2011, 10:57   #521
Senior Member+

There can be no doubt that Ruiz should have been sent off - not only body checking Rooney but Chicarita as well, more than once. How many times did Ivanovic have to flatten Nani before he got booked.
Makes for an interesting finish - see the bookies still think it will be United.
Old 02-03-2011, 18:07   #522
Resting in Peace

Quote:
There can be no doubt that Ruiz should have been sent off - not only body checking Rooney but Chikorita as well, more than once. How many times did Ivanovic have to flatten Nani before he got booked.
Makes for an interesting finish - see the bookies still think it will be United.
How you've got the brass neck nerve to criticise any reffing decisions is quite beyond me Barrie, but at least you know what the rest of football have been putting up with for 20 years now
Old 02-03-2011, 18:47   #523
God Member

Quote:
I don't really fancy our chances this Sunday. .. but the arsenal game is the one we can't afford to loose
Old 02-03-2011, 19:57   #524
a multieloquent Mule

Xeno Tactic Champion!

Quote:
I don't really fancy our chances this Sunday.
Whereas I do ! looking for a little revenge after your dodgy progression in the Cup, robbed we waz I tell ya ! I wonder if that ref's available again ? As anyone who upsets the Fergie like that has got to be good value !
DaveinGermany is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2011, 23:55   #525
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaveinGermany View Post
Whereas I do ! looking for a little revenge after your dodgy progression in the Cup, robbed we waz I tell ya ! I wonder if that ref's available again ? As anyone who upsets the Fergie like that has got to be good value !
I don't expect to get much from the game .. I won't be there.. but I do know we will have great away support at your gaff.. win or lose.

"Liverpool Channel five "

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..