Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > Hobbies and Accy Sport > General Sport and Hobby Talk > Football
Donate! Join Today

Football Talk about anything football related here..Any teams, any topic - so long as its football!

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 14-04-2011, 08:27   #631
Senior Member+

Re: Liverpool road to the title 2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mancie View Post
I don't see how a team that comes back from 2-0 down at West Ham and wins 2-4..beats Chelsea at Stamford Bridge ..beats Fulham and then beats Chelsea again can be playing crap!.. must be me
Crap by our normal standards Mancie, fortunately not total crap for the whole of the games. A good job we aren't at our best or the bookies would already have paid out.
As for Jay's particular bete noir, well, think he is in double figures again - one of 4 players I think, how many teams have that
Accrington Web
Old 16-04-2011, 18:35   #632
Senior Member+

So we are out of one of them, still got two more to go for though. More than can be said for many teams.
Hope Jaysay is OK, not had him having a go for a while, but as a Rovers supporter there isn't much to crow about his own team anyway, but of course they do have something to aim for - staying in the Premier League
Old 16-04-2011, 19:19   #633
God Member

Didn't play well today.. looked abit lack lustre.. now we have the scousers away at Arsenal..got to say I've always respected Liverpool and hold them, and thier supporters, in the highest regard.. come on you scouse bastards!

Last edited by Mancie; 16-04-2011 at 19:22.
Mancie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-04-2011, 19:20   #634
a multieloquent Mule

Xeno Tactic Champion!

Seems the Mankys from City wanted it more today than the Mankys of U, not a bad game from a neutrals point, but Manky U didn't seem to be sparking until to late in the day. 10 men & last 20 mins, still you can concentrate on Europe now, I've been to Schalke & seen them play, they'll be wanting it so Manky U are really going to have to work hard if they want to get on.

And this is them, their fans are right noisy, S04 Konigs Blau.

DaveinGermany is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-04-2011, 19:26   #635
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaveinGermany View Post
Seems the Mankys from City wanted it more today than the Mankys of U, not a bad game from a neutrals point, but Manky U didn't seem to be sparking until to late in the day. 10 men & last 20 mins, still you can concentrate on Europe now, I've been to Schalke & seen them play, they'll be wanting it so Manky U are really going to have to work hard if they want to get on.

And this is them, their fans are right noisy, S04 Konigs Blau.

Sod the Champions League.. I don't think we can win it... don't want to be fielding weakend teams in the Prem just to progress in the CL.. the Prem should be the only target.
Mancie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-04-2011, 19:31   #636
a multieloquent Mule

Xeno Tactic Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mancie View Post
Sod the Champions League.. I don't think we can win it... don't want to be fielding weakend teams in the Prem just to progress in the CL.. the Prem should be the only target.
I'd say you've got that sown up, The Arse & Chelski aren't exactly setting things on fire of late, so I'd say the League's Manky U's for the losing.
DaveinGermany is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-04-2011, 20:14   #637
JFT96

Hate to say it, could not agree more with Dave. ******

Steve Hogarth, lead singer Marillion
Boeing Guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-04-2011, 09:33   #638
Resting in Peace

Quote:
Originally Posted by Barrie Yates View Post
So we are out of one of them, still got two more to go for though. More than can be said for many teams.
Hope Jaysay is OK, not had him having a go for a while, but as a Rovers supporter there isn't much to crow about his own team anyway, but of course they do have something to aim for - staying in the Premier League
One Barrie theres only one winner of the Champs league and it ain't United
Old 17-04-2011, 09:36   #639
Resting in Peace

Here's one just for you Barrie
Old 17-04-2011, 17:40   #640
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaysay View Post
One Barrie theres only one winner of the Champs league and it ain't United
It is one more than Rovers can acheive Perhaps we will be seeing Rover's videos every Christmas soon - The Great Escape or not
Old 18-04-2011, 08:23   #641
Resting in Peace

Anybody seen Ferdinand's comments on the handbags with Balotelli at the end of the Saturdays match, it appears he wasn't impressed at him celebrating in front of the Plastic Fans (those who hadn't already caught the tube back the the leafy suburbs of Surrey that is) instead of his own, He might do well to have a word with Garry Neville who would never do a thing like that!!!!!! would he?
Old 18-04-2011, 12:42   #642
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaysay View Post
Anybody seen Ferdinand's comments on the handbags with Balotelli at the end of the Saturdays match, it appears he wasn't impressed at him celebrating in front of the Plastic Fans (those who hadn't already caught the tube back the the leafy suburbs of Surrey that is) instead of his own, He might do well to have a word with Garry Neville who would never do a thing like that!!!!!! would he?
Perhaps Balotelli will get the same punishment that Neville got - bear in mind that Neville was defending in front of the KOP, but perhaps Balotelli will get more as the PL/FA are clamping down and dishing out stricter punishments
Old 18-04-2011, 12:48   #643
Senior Member+

Thanks DinG, great result by your lot, of course some supporters would rather their clubs lose than do something in United's favour - Oh sorry, now such a squeaky rear time at Ewood that they now have to try and win anything, so they might help us, looking forward to the penultimate match, I think it is, of course we could already have won it by then, but also Rovers could have been relegated.
Old 18-04-2011, 18:05   #644
Resting in Peace

Quote:
Thanks DinG, great result by your lot, of course some supporters would rather their clubs lose than do something in United's favour - Oh sorry, now such a squeaky rear time at Ewood that they now have to try and win anything, so they might help us, looking forward to the penultimate match, I think it is, of course we could already have won it by then, but also Rovers could have been relegated.
I love this we bit, The theatre of merchandising is down the M66 but mind your way when you leave the motorway you could get lost, its a minefield these days, changed since 1965
Old 18-04-2011, 22:13   #645
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

Quote:
Whatever happens to Rovers,Burnley,Stanley, in fact "All" Local teams, i feel sure it will be much easier to bare, if United win sod all.?

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..