Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > Hobbies and Accy Sport > General Sport and Hobby Talk > Football
Donate! Join Today

Football Talk about anything football related here..Any teams, any topic - so long as its football!

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 19-04-2011, 02:59   #646
God Member

Re: Liverpool road to the title 2011

I'm wondering who are the "local" teams on here.. seems to me there are more scousers than owt else. .anyway the match agin Rovers might boil down to a title win or lose game..last year it was a draw at near end of season some say cost us the Prem .. same thing might happen again but one things for sure... it will be rovers biggest gate of the season .. and they will be local supporters from Lancs.!
Mancie is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 19-04-2011, 07:30   #647
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mancie View Post
I'm wondering who are the "local" teams on here..
I was referring to local teams to the area, a difficult concept to grasp fer some i know, fer example when i lived in Spain, i never supported Real Madrid er Barcelona, i watched the local team, which happened to be unfashionable Malaga.
Old 19-04-2011, 08:42   #648
a multieloquent Mule

Xeno Tactic Champion!

Ok I've been & seen Schalke 04 a couple of times, but that was with a German friend who's "Konigs Blau" & has been all his life, the local team here is Vfl Osnabrück, so you keep an eye on them & when we go to Holland, the area we stay in is Twente, so it's FC Twente (Steve McClaren did a stint as manager) when we're there, we also enjoy the local brew Grolsch.
DaveinGermany is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-04-2011, 08:50   #649
Resting in Peace

Quote:
Originally Posted by cashman View Post
Whatever happens to Rovers,Burnley,Stanley, in fact "All" Local teams, i feel sure it will be much easier to bare, if United win sod all.?
I'd sooner support Ossy St Mary's than the ******* from Plastic Land
Old 19-04-2011, 09:57   #650
Senior Member+

Quote:
Whatever happens to Rovers,Burnley,Stanley, in fact "All" Local teams, i feel sure it will be much easier to bare, if United win sod all.?
So what is your determination for "local" - do Bolton, Preston, Blackpool, Bury, Wigan, Liverpool, Everton and the two Manchester sides fall outside of your geographical definition of "local"?

Nowadays with all the motorways travel times are very short to any of those grounds. As a schoolboy half a crown would take me to any of those and pay my entrance - so why not go and see the great players of that era rather than the mediocre bunch from North of the Border.
Old 19-04-2011, 10:31   #651
Resting in Peace

http://home.bt.yahoo.com/_ylt=AlrfWD...iG0NQ5oWD.2E8-
You just can't take some people anywhether can you, wonder who's the guilty party from the hole in the wall gang
Old 19-04-2011, 12:32   #652
a multieloquent Mule

Xeno Tactic Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Barrie Yates View Post
So what is your determination for "local"
In the true aspect I'd say your home Town, the place you were born & raised, admittedly if you move away at a very early age & are raised somewhere else I'd think the adoption of that "Local" home Town team could be justified.

I'm a Scouser, Red through & through, but I could just as easily have been a Blue or at a pinch a Rovers (Tranmere), but family ties led to being a Red. The likes of your Mankys City & Utd, Blackburn, Bolton, Blackpool, Stanley & so on are local North West teams but not my home team, so I think the statement should be more about a home team as opposed to local team.
Old 19-04-2011, 20:48   #653
God Member

Robbed again tonight.. stone cold penalty on Hernadez in the last minute.. can't imagine much of a fuss will be made of it in the press or on here...but if it was the other way round
Old 19-04-2011, 21:15   #654
God Member

Quote:
Robbed again tonight.. stone cold penalty on Hernadez in the last minute.. can't imagine much of a fuss will be made of it in the press or on here...but if it was the other way round
Mancie , I think you should appear on BBC as William Wallace for the fergi man.
You are sounding more like Arsen Winger every day.

Blackburn Rovers Supporter Since 1950
Royboy39 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-04-2011, 21:26   #655
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

Quote:
No mention of the one Newcastle should have had just before half time?
Old 19-04-2011, 21:30   #656
God Member

Quote:
No mention of the one Newcastle should have had just before half time?
Anderson got the ball first.. lost yer specs Cashy?
Old 19-04-2011, 21:31   #657
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaveinGermany View Post
In the true aspect I'd say your home Town, the place you were born & raised
Quite right, Dave, but that falls on deaf ears with Barrie - hometown loyalty is an alien concept to him!
Old 20-04-2011, 16:44   #658
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wynonie Harris View Post
Quite right, Dave, but that falls on deaf ears with Barrie - hometown loyalty is an alien concept to him!
Freedom of choice mate - as with most things in life.
Old 20-04-2011, 16:47   #659
Senior Member+

Quote:
They will have their bitch again Mancie - I notice that only DinG says anything about his team, the losers have got nothing they can say about theirs - Rovers in pucker mode and Stanley not paying the players on time.
Old 20-04-2011, 16:59   #660
a multieloquent Mule

Xeno Tactic Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Barrie Yates View Post
Freedom of choice mate
As long as the Bollikticians, Police, social services, local council, resident street full-of-myself-&-I-know-my-rights-pillock, plastic plod, one of the great offended by whateverists ......... do I need to go on ? Doesn't have something to say, maybe ! You can enjoy a choice.

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..