Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > Hobbies and Accy Sport > General Sport and Hobby Talk > Football
Donate! Join Today

Football Talk about anything football related here..Any teams, any topic - so long as its football!

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 23-04-2011, 19:30   #676
Senior Member+

Re: Liverpool road to the title 2011

[quote=jaysay;900244]Ya Barrie QPR V Cardiff looks like it will be one hell of a game[/quote

Nah, you know who it was - a good game too, Everton defended well and there was some good football. However, another step nearer the 19th title - need a tissue DinG?
Great win for Stanley as well, maybe the players got their pay before the match but they are well placed now, let's hope they can keep it up.
Even the scousers came to life - got over the shock yet DinG?
Perhaps we should have more St George's Days
Nervous weekend for you Jay, but you can do a lot to crush the Council Tenants ambitions and help DinG's lot - mind you that means you have to win a game
Accrington Web
Old 23-04-2011, 21:05   #677
Super Moderator

[quote=Barrie Yates;900436]
Quote:
Originally Posted by jaysay View Post
Great win for Stanley as well
Looks like I might be breaking the habits of a lifetime and visiting the accursed place!
Old 23-04-2011, 21:48   #678
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

[QUOTE=Wynonie Harris;900454]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Barrie Yates View Post

Looks like I might be breaking the habits of a lifetime and visiting the accursed place!
well if i have, i hope i have a more ceremonious exit this time.
Old 24-04-2011, 09:50   #679
Resting in Peace

[quote=Barrie Yates;900436]
Quote:
Ya Barrie QPR V Cardiff looks like it will be one hell of a game[/quote

Nah, you know who it was - a good game too, Everton defended well and there was some good football. However, another step nearer the 19th title - need a tissue DinG?
Great win for Stanley as well, maybe the players got their pay before the match but they are well placed now, let's hope they can keep it up.
Even the scousers came to life - got over the shock yet DinG?
Perhaps we should have more St George's Days
Nervous weekend for you Jay, but you can do a lot to crush the Council Tenants ambitions and help DinG's lot - mind you that means you have to win a game
Na a great 2-2 draw no red nosed manager telling the forth official what messages to convey to the ref, a really good entertaining game, oh and two sets of loyal supporters supporting their hometown clubs, very good really
Old 24-04-2011, 11:44   #680
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!

[QUOTE=jaysay;900538]
Quote:
Na a great 2-2 draw no red nosed manager telling the forth official what messages to convey to the ref, a really good entertaining game, oh and two sets of loyal supporters supporting their hometown clubs, very good really
Watched first half of it B4 departing fer oaklea, cracking match, 2 good sides.
Old 24-04-2011, 14:42   #681
Resting in Peace

[quote=cashman;900569]
Quote:
Watched first half of it B4 departing fer oaklea, cracking match, 2 good sides.
Looks like the quotings going silly again wrong quots to wrong people
Old 24-04-2011, 14:50   #682
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!

[QUOTE=jaysay;900597]
Quote:
Originally Posted by cashman View Post
Looks like the quotings going silly again wrong quots to wrong people
Hey thats my excuse when i cock up.
Old 24-04-2011, 15:00   #683
Resting in Peace

[quote=cashman;900599]
Quote:
Shushhhhhhhhh Neil will sort it out
Old 24-04-2011, 17:03   #684
Senior Member+

[quote=cashman;900599]
Quote:
You Cashy, I just can't see that
Old 24-04-2011, 17:18   #685
Senior Member+

All I can say is that I hope other Lancashire clubs are as dedicated as Bolton are to the Premiership coming to where it belongs - Lancashire, as a generalisation, in reality The Theatre of Dreams, it's rightful home - at least it has spent more time there than anywhere else.
It is now certainly United's to lose, not for someone else to win it, just as the reverse is true for Rovers, they can't survive unless other clubs lose.
Old 25-04-2011, 21:14   #686
a multieloquent Mule

Xeno Tactic Champion!

I had a pretty good week-end really, the "Pool" kicking butt, "Stanley" kicking butt, and a fridge full of Grolsch while spending time in that there Holland. FC Twente (adopted Dutch team a bit like Stanley, only they talk funny ........ having said that though !) also kicked butt & are top of the table & lumps of beasts to chuck on the grill, sunshine & tiddler bashing & best of all, a non nagging contented Wifey ! Lordy ! Take me now as it won't get any better than this !
DaveinGermany is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-04-2011, 00:03   #687
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaveinGermany View Post
I had a pretty good week-end really, the "Pool" kicking butt, "Stanley" kicking butt, and a fridge full of Grolsch while spending time in that there Holland. FC Twente (adopted Dutch team a bit like Stanley, only they talk funny ........ having said that though !) also kicked butt & are top of the table & lumps of beasts to chuck on the grill, sunshine & tiddler bashing & best of all, a non nagging contented Wifey ! Lordy ! Take me now as it won't get any better than this !
You didn't happen to repatriate the beer fridge to a hidden location before you wrote that did you, or did someone slip you some Amstel Gold? Your lot did good DinG
Old 26-04-2011, 00:06   #688
Senior Member+

Saw a few minutes of the match Jay - they did try at times, would have loved to see you beat the Council Tenants. Maybe things will go better for you this week - really do hope that we don't put you down in the penultimate match - life just won't be the same without Rovers in the Premiership.
Old 26-04-2011, 09:18   #689
Resting in Peace

Quote:
Saw a few minutes of the match Jay - they did try at times, would have loved to see you beat the Council Tenants. Maybe things will go better for you this week - really do hope that we don't put you down in the penultimate match - life just won't be the same without Rovers in the Premiership.
I'm just hoping that we beat the Plastics and save ourselves and help Chelski win the title
Old 26-04-2011, 11:31   #690
a multieloquent Mule

Xeno Tactic Champion!

Quote:
or did someone slip you some Amstel Gold?
Must admit a liking for the "Gold" Barrie, but manners & politeness (yeah I know, an alien concept to some) decreed that as I was in the area, the local brew was to be imbibed, plus the frowns from our Dutch friends would've been far too much to bear.

Also to further pile on insolence "Amstel" being an Amsterdam Beer & the home town of Ajax (presently 2nd in the table & 1 point behind Twente) these bitter rivals whom they have to play twice within a week at the very end of the season 2010-11 in fact the last 2 games (8th May Dutch Cup final & 15th May last game of the season) certainly wouldn't have won friends or influenced people !
DaveinGermany is offline   Reply With Quote

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..