Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > Hobbies and Accy Sport > General Sport and Hobby Talk > Football
Donate! Join Today

Football Talk about anything football related here..Any teams, any topic - so long as its football!

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 02-05-2006, 15:56   #16
Apprentice Geriatric

Talking Re: Maclaren To Manage England FC.

Not living in the past eh? How long has Robbie Fowler been the future? Robbie Fowler was good, very good but his best is behind him. So what do you call your obvious enthusiasm for Robbie God Fowler if not living in the past?

Now tell me again that I don’t have a clue what I’m talking about. Pot, kettle and black are words that spring to mind.

I am not hankering for going back to the 1966 era, just pointing out that a relatively obscure English club manager did win the World Cup.

Incidentally I have never mentioned Sam Alerdyce as a potential manager for the England team. However most people refer to him as Big Sam except the self opinionated know it alls who deride his achievement at Bolton. By definition managing a football team is being able to adapt the team play to the match in hand to try and win or at least not lose.
Old 02-05-2006, 23:41   #17
Give, give, give member

Re: Maclaren To Manage England FC.

Quote:
Originally Posted by KIPAX
I would rather get knocked out in the first round with an English manager than win it with a foriegner in charge... If England win the world cup I would at best feel like a cheat and at worse feel ambarresed that an Englishman couldn't lead us and half the glory should go to Sweden or wherever..

Give the job to an Englishman and stand by him.. I would rather have pride than excuses.
Does the same criteria apply if the team happens to contain an international from sub Saharan Africa, or is it just foreign management you have a problem with?

Does Benin take some of the credit for Accrington Stanley winning promotion this season?

garinda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2006, 23:52   #18
God Member

I think the England manager should be English... Thats my opinion posted.. like it or lump it
Old 02-05-2006, 23:54   #19
Give, give, give member

Quote:
Originally Posted by KIPAX
I think the England manager should be English... Thats my opinion posted.. like it or lump it
...of course it's your opinion, but in my opinion, the fact that you didn't answer my question speaks volumes.

Old 02-05-2006, 23:58   #20
Give, give, give member

It's as daft as saying Accrington Stanley should only have an Accringtonian to manage Stanley, and the fact that we have a scouser takes away from some of the glory.

Old 03-05-2006, 00:04   #21
God Member

Whatever.... You obviously dont like my opinion.. tough! Try not to lose too much sleep over it

I like my opinion.. In fact I love my opinion. I think my opinion on this is the best opinion in the world.. As opinions go its the best you can get... I think the England manager should be English..
Old 03-05-2006, 00:07   #22
Give, give, give member

I won't argue with you.

I know a three page argument takes it out of you.

You have your opinion, and I have my opinion, which every reader of this thread can see isn't as disjointed as yours.

Sleep well. xxx

Old 03-05-2006, 00:18   #23
God Member

The difference is.. I havent knocked your opinion..

And yet again your attempt to start an argument with me has left you with egg on your face hasn't it.

I think the England manager should be English.. and I don't give a flying toss if Garinda likes that or not.
Old 03-05-2006, 00:27   #24
Give, give, give member

..but your argument that a non-English manager takes away the glory if we won, doesn't stand up because you won't/can't say if you also think that having a non Accringtonian manager, and an African international player at Stanley, takes away from some of the glory attained this season.

Therefore I do respect your argument, I'm just disappointed you have the were withall to back it up.

Old 03-05-2006, 00:38   #25
God Member

Those things I posted... there not an argument or a statement. its an opinion.. you have now resorted to calling my opinions arguments...

I have an opinion and you have an opinion. I respect yours and have not questioned it or taken it to task or tried to argue about it.. You however seem unable to be man enough to show the same respect to my opinion.

Mine is an opinion.....Your the only one trying to argue

I think the England manager should be English.
Old 03-05-2006, 10:30   #26
God Member

I agree with Kipax, club football is an entirely different issue than international football. A non-english player would not be considered to play for England so why should the England Manager's job be any different?
AccyMad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2006, 10:37   #27
Give, give, give member

Quote:
Originally Posted by AccyMad
I agree with Kipax, club football is an entirely different issue than international football. A non-english player would not be considered to play for England so why should the England Manager's job be any different?
So having a team made up entirely of foreign players is acceptable, and doesn't take away the 'glory' from the town/city they are playing for?

All very confusing logic.

Old 03-05-2006, 12:11   #28
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by garinda
So having a team made up entirely of foreign players is acceptable, and doesn't take away the 'glory' from the town/city they are playing for?

All very confusing logic.
Quite acceptable - but I wouldn't call scousers foreigners
AccyMad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2006, 05:42   #29
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by AccyMad
Quite acceptable - but I wouldn't call scousers foreigners
not at all, but i belive most scousers were born in Liverpool, and we have to draw a line somewhere
Mancie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2006, 23:36   #30
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

i don,t give a rats what nationality the england manager is (although prefer english) should be the best man for the job, its a bloody pity the F.A. don,t follow the best man priciple brian clough for instance.and he was english. dont see how a foreigner being in charge spoils it in any way, the irish didn,t think jack charlton did and neither do i.

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..