Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > Hobbies and Accy Sport > General Sport and Hobby Talk > Football
Donate! Join Today

Football Talk about anything football related here..Any teams, any topic - so long as its football!

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 22-04-2009, 22:17   #16
God Member

Re: Man UTD run in for the title

Quote:
Originally Posted by cashman View Post
virtually in the bag now, simple as.
wow now Cashy..you said that not me...I don't expect UTD to win all the games left.. one loss and it's back to square one with a game in hand...Pool have got a decent run in from here..and we have got hard games ahead.. including the Champs cup..so I'll hold fire on bagpuss.
Mancie is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 22-04-2009, 22:25   #17
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mancie View Post
wow now Cashy..you said that not me...I don't expect UTD to win all the games left.. one loss and it's back to square one with a game in hand...Pool have got a decent run in from here..and we have got hard games ahead.. including the Champs cup..so I'll hold fire on bagpuss.
i always say what i think as ya know mancie, n thats my view.
Old 23-04-2009, 09:42   #18
Resting in Peace

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bagpuss View Post
If it had been 0-0 at 90mins there would have been 10 mins of Fergie time.
10 minutes where do you get that from Bagpuss, you know Fergie rules, the ref has to play till we score, if they break away and mug us its offside
Old 23-04-2009, 09:44   #19
Resting in Peace

Quote:
i always say what i think as ya know mancie, n thats my view.
Mine too cashy, think the United bookie can pay out
Old 23-04-2009, 14:27   #20
Senior Member+

Yeah it is looking good but as Mancie said we do have the toughest of the run ins.Arsenal,Tottenham and the Bitters (City) are still to be played by us.So I will leave the celebrations for a while yet.
Old 23-04-2009, 16:25   #21
Resting in Peace

Quote:
Originally Posted by mthead View Post
Yeah it is looking good but as Mancie said we do have the toughest of the run ins.Arsenal,Tottenham and the Bitters (City) are still to be played by us.So I will leave the celebrations for a while yet.
Your only a part time Manc now Ian
Old 24-04-2009, 11:16   #22
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaysay View Post
Your only a part time Manc now Ian
LOL As it says in my signiture "Two Uniteds but the soul is one"
Old 24-04-2009, 16:32   #23
Resting in Peace

Quote:
Originally Posted by mthead View Post
LOL As it says in my signiture "Two Uniteds but the soul is one"
You mean in the same way like some blokes have a wife and a mistress and love um both
Old 25-04-2009, 21:16   #24
God Member

Are you watching, are you watching, are you watching, Merseyside?

I would've loved to have seen the expression on Bagpuss's face at 7.20pm today.

Do not take life too seriously. You will never get out of it alive.

Last edited by yerself; 25-04-2009 at 21:18.
yerself is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-04-2009, 21:45   #25
Accy Red

Cricket Challenge Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by yerself View Post
I would've loved to have seen the expression on Bagpuss's face at 7.20pm today.
I know what you're getting at but at 7.20pm I was at the park with my family, was the expression you wanted to see was when my lad hit me on the back of my head with a football?

I will be honest with you I thought you where playing Sunday and the 5.30pm game today was Arsenal I only found out your score at 9.30pm when the kids had gone to bed.

Reading the report it looks like you needed a dodgy decision again, Howard Webb ha ha, after we drew v Arsenal it was all over for us anyway.

"At a football club, there's a holy trinity - the players, the manager and the supporters. Directors don't come into it. They're only there to sign cheques." - Bill Shankly
Bagpuss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-04-2009, 06:51   #26
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bagpuss
Reading the report it looks like you needed a dodgy decision again, Howard Webb ha ha, after we drew v Arsenal it was all over for us anyway
Are you trying to say you think Howard Webb borrowed Mike Riley's 'One 'United' membership card for the day?

Do not take life too seriously. You will never get out of it alive.
yerself is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-04-2009, 09:52   #27
Resting in Peace

Quote:
Originally Posted by yerself View Post
Are you trying to say you think Howard Webb borrowed Mike Riley's 'One 'United' membership card for the day?
Well lets put it this way United will cut him special championship medal for services rendered, he's bent. Is it any wonder why every body hates glory hunting Manc fans when year after year we see examples of these crass refereeing decisions, they keep saying that these things even themselves out over a season, not every team get a dozen points a season because of inept officials
Old 26-04-2009, 19:39   #28
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

Quote:
Well lets put it this way United will cut him special championship medal for services rendered, he's bent. Is it any wonder why every body hates glory hunting Manc fans when year after year we see examples of these crass refereeing decisions, they keep saying that these things even themselves out over a season, not every team get a dozen points a season because of inept officials
Well done, ive actually found someone who hates em more than me i reckon, never thought it was possible.
Old 26-04-2009, 20:30   #29
Accy Red

Cricket Challenge Champion!

Quote:
Well done, ive actually found someone who hates em more than me i reckon, never thought it was possible.
You haven't seen the real me yet

"At a football club, there's a holy trinity - the players, the manager and the supporters. Directors don't come into it. They're only there to sign cheques." - Bill Shankly
Bagpuss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-04-2009, 20:45   #30
God Member

Quote:
not every team get a dozen points a season because of inept officials
so by your reckoning jaysay Man UTD.. the present champions of Europe would be around 5th place in the Premiership...if you really believe that then you don't have a danny about football!
Mancie is offline   Reply With Quote

« rovers. | Leeds »

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..