Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > Hobbies and Accy Sport > General Sport and Hobby Talk > Football
Donate! Join Today

Football Talk about anything football related here..Any teams, any topic - so long as its football!

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 18-08-2004, 08:03   #16
Super Moderator

Re: New season starts today

...and after last night, why bother supporting an out-of-town club to watch brilliant football?
Wynonie Harris is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 18-08-2004, 17:18   #17

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bazf
Ok,

1 Souness, A legend for liverpool and scotland
2 Dont even play in Blackburn, weird , wtf?
3 Bought one and only championship, 1914? 1912? ring any bells.
4 Ewood park Quieter then the inside of a vigins nickers? Whatever tickles your fancy
5 More atmosphere on mars? Why have 2 points on one focus point.
6 Why do buses run through Blackburn? because if they stopped they would be mugged. OKAY, again wtf?
7 Only surported when they are winning? Our average attendence has been + or - 4,000 in the last 10 years
8 Getting to the ground looks like your walking through down town Bagdad? Again wtf?
9 Why are Rovers like a 3pin plug? neither work in Europe.? true but at least we are getting into that competition
10 Spent more times in the lower leagues then in the top flight? And
Do you want us to keep going.........
slater_scott is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-08-2004, 17:18   #18

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wynonie Harris
...and after last night, why bother supporting an out-of-town club to watch brilliant football?
My town doesnt have a football club.
Old 18-08-2004, 18:24   #19

Remind me again - who are Rovers playing in Europe this season?!

The point was that AnthonyS laughing at Liverpool drawing at Spurs 1-1 is not advisable when your own team cant do better than the same result at home against a newly promoted West Bromwich Albion. People...glass houses...stones.

Souness classic at the weekend - "Tugay is the best in the world in his position"! If Tugay's position could be described as 'running around ineffectually in a daze in the centre of the pitch in a ground as quiet as a morgue-midfielder' then he may have a point! ;-)
Old 18-08-2004, 20:06   #20
Senior Member+

I watched Rovers for a lot of seasons and now watch stanley home and away as the last season at rovers depressed me!!!....hehehe watch a real team in the at the IES.
Smiffy16 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-08-2004, 21:18   #21

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ceejache
Remind me again - who are Rovers playing in Europe this season?!

The point was that AnthonyS laughing at Liverpool drawing at Spurs 1-1 is not advisable when your own team cant do better than the same result at home against a newly promoted West Bromwich Albion. People...glass houses...stones.

Souness classic at the weekend - "Tugay is the best in the world in his position"! If Tugay's position could be described as 'running around ineffectually in a daze in the centre of the pitch in a ground as quiet as a morgue-midfielder' then he may have a point! ;-)
It isnt about what club is better. My original arguement was that why are liverpool fans on this board?
Old 18-08-2004, 21:21   #22
Senior Member+

becauseyou dont have to support local teams to come on accyweb.......also some people live away from Accy plus if it wasn't for Liverpool would stanley be were we are now??hehehehe.............
Old 18-08-2004, 21:21   #23
Accy Red

Cricket Challenge Champion!

Ok then why are Blackburn fans on this board ???

"At a football club, there's a holy trinity - the players, the manager and the supporters. Directors don't come into it. They're only there to sign cheques." - Bill Shankly
Bagpuss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-08-2004, 21:24   #24
Accy Red

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smiffy16
becauseyou dont have to support local teams to come on accyweb.......also some people live away from Accy plus if it wasn't for Liverpool would stanley be were we are now??hehehehe.............
Yes Stanley would be where they are now, I like your answer but Liverpool FC cannot take any credit for Stanley unless you include Mike Marsh ???

"At a football club, there's a holy trinity - the players, the manager and the supporters. Directors don't come into it. They're only there to sign cheques." - Bill Shankly
Old 18-08-2004, 21:27   #25
Senior Member+

I was saying Liverpool in general...not FC
Old 18-08-2004, 21:59   #26
Senior Member+

Obviously SS you dont know why Souness is not a legend in Liverpool, the fact he sold Aldridge, Beardsley, Barnes, went from Champions (18 times)to 8th and trying to win piddling little cups, then after buying such great players as Bjornebye,Burrows and not forgetting Don Hutchinson he sold his story to the Sun which had told lies about the Hillsbrough disaster.

For someone who surports Rovers and doesnt know they play in Darwen!!!

Sorry I forgot about your pre first worldwar championships I will amend it to you bought your 3rd.( uncle jack in a boxs money)

Dont try and tell us that its noisey in Ewood, its the only ground where you can order a pie without shouting.

Focus point 1 noise focus point 2 atmosphere.
1.Entry: noiseFunction: nounDefinition: soundSynonyms: babble, babel, bang, bedlam, bellow, bewailing, blare, blast, boisterousness, boom, buzz, cacophony, caterwauling, clamor, clang, clatter, commotion, crash, cry, detonation, din, discord, disquiet, disquietude, drumming, eruption, explosion, fanfare, fireworks, fracas, fuss, hoo-ha, hubbub, hullabaloo, jangle, lamentation, outcry, pandemonium, peal, racket, ring, roar, row, shot, shouting, sonance, squawk, stridency, talk, thud, tumult, turbulence, uproar, uproariousness, yamp, yelling, yelpSource: Roget's New Millennium
2.Entry: atmosphereFunction: nounDefinition: moodSynonyms: air, ambience, aura, background, character, climate, color, environment, feel, feeling, flavor, impression, local color, medium, mood, place, property, quality, scene, semblance, sense, space, spirit, surroundings, taste, toneSource: Roget's New Millennium™ Thesaurus

Average attendance 2000 - 2004 24,300 average attendance 1997- 2000 14,560 1995-1997 15,678 1993- 1995 19,908.
+ or - 4000 where did you go to school? http://www.eurostadiums.com/ looks like your only surported when your winning.

A little joke on my part I was being P C I was going to say its like walking down town Islamabad but I thought about Bagpuss being told off.

What competition in europe are you in?

so SS I would say stay with Stanley you've got more chance of Success and the rest of the world won't take the pi** out of you.

Bazf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-08-2004, 22:59   #27

OMG, I started the thread when the first game had been played. I wasn't pointing fun directly at Liverpool, but because it was the first result I saw, I commented on it. And there was an element of truth in it whether you like it or not. OK, the Ha Ha part was a bit ruthless, but it was all for a bit of fun. Hey, us rovers fans get a lot more abuse (as you've proved).

Our competition was fun with the arcade kickups Bagpuss. I took your comments as you intended them (as a friendly dig , I hope).

Anyway, the post was just to symbolise the start of a new season and the start of a whole new disaster for Greame Souness. Just kidding (I hope).
AnthonyS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-08-2004, 23:16   #28
Accy Red

Don't forget Juggler as well, I haven't given up yet but I'm a long way short of beating you, maybe you would like to try the cricket game but then again don't as I'm still top of that.

Old 19-08-2004, 07:15   #29
Super Moderator

SS, presumably you are on this site because you have some connection with Accy. You used to live here or you live in Ossy, Church or Clayton. So, I say to you again, why not support your local team?
Wynonie Harris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-08-2004, 09:38   #30

I support Blackburn, but I did purshase a accy stanley top. I wore it all around Crete the other week.
AnthonyS is offline   Reply With Quote

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..