Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > Hobbies and Accy Sport > General Sport and Hobby Talk > Football
Donate! Join Today

Football Talk about anything football related here..Any teams, any topic - so long as its football!

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 23-04-2009, 18:06   #1
Resting in Peace

Unhappy Old Firm

Its on Ceefax that the league are going to talk to the Old Firm about the possibility of them joining a new restructured two division Premier League, to me this is totally wrong. The new leagues would consist of two leagues of 18 teams, so which two teams are going to be the unlucky ones and be deprived of a better level of football and the money that goes with it to accommodate Celtic and Rangers. I for one think it stinks to high heaven and should be opposed by every team in the country, English football for English teams, the jocks are only interested in the money, because nobody wants to pay good money to watch a scottish league which can be decided every year by the toss of a coin every season before a ball has been kicked
Old 23-04-2009, 18:19   #2
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

Re: Old Firm

i have never been in favour of this no matter how many times oer the years its raised its head, also would be the death of the scottish league IMHO, quite a few clubs get much better gates, more revenue when playing em.
Old 23-04-2009, 18:34   #3
Resting in Peace

Quote:
Originally Posted by cashman View Post
i have never been in favour of this no matter how many times oer the years its raised its head, also would be the death of the scottish league IMHO, quite a few clubs get much better gates, more revenue when playing em.
Spot on cashy, is all about the scottish big two just wanting the money, but I'm more concerned for the likes of Stanley, okay at the moment its a pipe dream for AS but it might not be in a few years, remember Wimbledon, they did it, so why not AS and why should a couple of money hungary jocks take a place in our elite at the expense of two of our smaller clubs, its just not on
Old 23-04-2009, 20:56   #4
God Member

its about all the lesser english teams in the premiership getting 2 more sold out games..who else takes 250,000 thousand to a cup final
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 2pzcyhl.jpg (44.2 KB, 5 views)
File Type: jpg Rangers+v+Zenit+St+Petersburg+UEFA+Cup+Final+2o49xNQpI8ml.jpg (202.9 KB, 7 views)
cmonstanley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-04-2009, 22:10   #5
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by cmonstanley View Post
its about all the lesser english teams in the premiership getting 2 more sold out games..who else takes 250,000 thousand to a cup final
whatever its all about, the scotch leagues death knell will chime if it goes ahead.
Old 24-04-2009, 09:59   #6
Resting in Peace

Quote:
And that's another reason they should stay firmly the other side of the boarder, after the disgraceful scenes in Manchester last year
Old 24-04-2009, 11:07   #7
Senior Member+

Deffinatly should not be allowed to join our premier league.If they are I suppose one way to look at it niether team are up to the standard of most of the premier league so they would struggle anyway.
Old 24-04-2009, 12:11   #8

Yeti Pentathlon Champion!
Cash Beast Champion!

Where would they go when they get relegated?
norwich stanley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-04-2009, 15:02   #9
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by norwich stanley View Post
Where would they go when they get relegated?
the F.E.S.
Old 24-04-2009, 17:31   #10
God Member

makes me laugh..the scots rattle on about independence and yet want the Glasgow teams playing in the EPL!
Mancie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-04-2009, 17:56   #11
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mancie View Post
makes me laugh..the scots rattle on about independence and yet want the Glasgow teams playing in the EPL!
seems like independence when it suits, summat like how the torys run their party.
Old 24-04-2009, 19:07   #12
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mancie View Post
now your being scotiphobic not all scots want independence you,ve been reading too much of the sun and co never believe whats in the papers.come to ayrshire and ask the public if they want independence .i dont think so
Old 25-04-2009, 10:35   #13
Resting in Peace

Quote:
now your being scotiphobic not all scots want independence you,ve been reading too much of the sun and co never believe whats in the papers.come to ayrshire and ask the public if they want independence .i don't think so
What makes you think that its not us that want independence from the jocks
Old 03-05-2009, 19:51   #14
God Member

cause you still want our oil money
Old 03-05-2009, 21:44   #15
God Member

Quote:
cause you still want our oil money
Perhaps Gordon and Alister see their future in oil?

Blackburn Rovers Supporter Since 1950
Royboy39 is offline   Reply With Quote

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..