Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > Hobbies and Accy Sport > General Sport and Hobby Talk > Football
Donate! Join Today

Football Talk about anything football related here..Any teams, any topic - so long as its football!

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 25-06-2006, 19:39   #16
God Member

Re: Quarter finalists.

and by the looks of this match we could be playing portugal :engsmil: is that serious enough accymad lol
cherokee is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 25-06-2006, 19:41   #17
God Member

sorry didnt mean to sound offensive there
Old 25-06-2006, 19:42   #18
God Member

Decent match - don't think we did much wrong (well, the odd lost ball but nothing major) but neither did we do anything spectacular. We had about 7 or 8 chances and should have converted some more of them.

The views expressed within this post are mine and mine alone.

Gayle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-06-2006, 19:45   #19
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by cherokee
and by the looks of this match we could be playing portugal :engsmil: is that serious enough accymad lol
I don't think it matters which one we get next. Both teams have good playes in that will need watching. If we do get Portugal though it looks like Ronaldo won't be playing so that's one God send!
Old 25-06-2006, 20:35   #20
God Member

What a good match this Portugal and Holland is!!!
Old 25-06-2006, 20:52   #21
white rabbits

Quote:
Originally Posted by cherokee
hello but isnt football supposed to be fun
I think the real fun went out of football when the wages shot through the roof...now its just a business thing...I.M.H.O.
Old 25-06-2006, 20:54   #22
I am Banned

Well we are playing Portugal

Blimey ref were too handy with the yellow & red cards
accymel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-06-2006, 20:55   #23
God Member

well well what a dirty match that was . i hope they aint that rough with our boys
Old 25-06-2006, 20:58   #24
white rabbits

I have got to admit they are getting there,,
Old 25-06-2006, 21:01   #25
God Member

Sorry if ruffled any feathers but it just annoys me when some women only talk about the physical attributes of the players rather than what actually went on in the game, I have a sense of humour - honest and just to put the record straight I'm female myself
AccyMad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-06-2006, 21:03   #26
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by AccyMad
I'm female myself
Sooo which one do you fancy then?

Only joking !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 25-06-2006, 21:04   #27
I am Banned

I think a lot of problems in footy - certainly becomes apparent in world cup is how much blatent cheating is gone un-punished likes of argies & tonights match even the biases going on with ref's !!
accymel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-06-2006, 21:06   #28
God Member

pmsl good one tinks ..... fair point accymad:engsmil:
Old 25-06-2006, 21:07   #29
God Member

All i want is for the players to start wearing the shorts like what they wore in the 80's - nice short shorts not the baggy things they wear now! Us ladies prefer to see their legs!

By the way the match today was the best i've seen england play in the world cup. In the other games they played in the first half and dossed in the 2nd half. Today theyve played both halves. You can tell Rooneys back - I thought he was lucky not to get yellow carded because of the back chat to the ref. Best player for England though so far Joe Cole but he wasnt as good today as what he has been in the other games.

Portugal have lost a couple of good players - dont know what they'll be like next saturday we will just have to hope and pray that no one has any injuries during the week and they play a blinder next week! I was thinking they'd get to the semi's and then be coming home.
shillelagh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-06-2006, 21:08   #30
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by accymel
I think a lot of problems in footy - certainly becomes apparent in world cup is how much blatent cheating is gone un-punished likes of argies & tonights match even the biases going on with ref's !!
Nah I have to disagree Mel I don't think it's a problem it's one of the best things. I know that might sound silly, but if there wasn't a certain amount of bias we wouldn't have anything to scream and shout about.

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..