Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > Hobbies and Accy Sport > General Sport and Hobby Talk > Football
Donate! Join Today

Football Talk about anything football related here..Any teams, any topic - so long as its football!

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 25-11-2004, 02:21   #16
Senior Member+

Re: Racist Rovers Fan?

REAL MADRID are expected to find out today if they face UEFA action for racism in the Bernabeu.

TV cameras captured swastika and Hitler-tattooed thugs making Nazi salutes during Tuesday’s Champions League 1-1 draw with Bayer Leverkusen.The German club’s Brazilian defenders Roque Junior and Juan were also targeted with vile monkey chants by Real’s ultras. Real last night claimed they were “unaware” of racist incidents. But unused sub Michael Owen admitted he heard it for the second time in a week following the abuse of England’s black players in last Wednesday’s friendly with Spain. Striker Owen, 24, said: “It’s a bit disappointing to hear that. We’ve done really well in England to stamp it out but there are pockets in Europe that can’t.”
UEFA will study reports from the referee and look at video evidence. If found guilty, Real could be fined or forced to play behind closed doors.
UEFA spokesman William Gaillard said: “If there was racist chanting then it will be referred to the UEFA control and disciplinary body.
“The punishment will depend on whether it was the whole stadium or a small group of people. If it was severe, we may consider excluding the club from the competition.”

Bazf is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 25-11-2004, 07:08   #17
Resident Waffler

That statement regarding the punishment makes a lot of sense. If it wasn't representative of the club as a whole then only those responsible should be punished but if it was the whole of the stadium then excluding the club from the competition would be justifiable. Perhaps then the fans would realise that their behaviour affects the club which they support.

Back on the subject of the Blackburn Rovers Fan(s) and Dwight Yorke, the local news has shown the full footage and that sheds a completely different light on the issue.

The first gesture which the fan makes is indeed the monkey gesture, followed by the one I described in the first post of this thread. When only the second gesture was originally shown on the news it looked like he had been unfairly accused but there were definitely two distinctly different gestures and the first one was offensive.

Perhaps he realised too late that he shouldn't have done it and changed it to something else, but obviously he can't deny it when the evidence is right there on film. If the other guy was simply with him and didn't do anything himself then that explains why he is still denying the charge.

I don't think the whole club can be held responsible for the actions of one (or even two) of the fans.

WillowTheWhisp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-11-2004, 08:17   #18

whilst i do condone the action of these people, i do feel they have been unfairly punished, a 5 year ban isnt too bad but £1000 is a bit over the top.

you would get less for battering someone.
slater_scott is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-11-2004, 08:20   #19
Resident Waffler

Then perhaps the fault lies with the punishment for battering?

I wonder how many fines actually do end up being paid.........I know of someone whose attitude is "I won't pay and they can't make me" and it simply drags on and on.

WillowTheWhisp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-11-2004, 08:38   #20
I am Band

That pair of divvies that got caught up in the emotion of the afternoon got all that they deserved. But does anyone other than me think that Dwight Yorke hasn't exactly helped himself in this situation.

I think that he engineered this confrontation by going and warming up infront of the Blackburn End. He knew full well that he would provoke a reaction from the home supporters due to the animosity they felt towards their former player. If Steve Bruce, his manager, had any foresight he would have told him to go and train in front of the stand where the Birmingham City fans were seated.

The following quote is from the Monday edition of the Daily Telegraph sports pages online,

"Only two Blackburn fans were apparently involved, the vast majority welcoming Yorke's arrival as a substitute with more traditional insults regarding his lack of industry and parentage."

Just for the record, I am not a Rovers fan, and I'm not condoning the fans' actions in any way, but there is no denying that Mr. Yorke was a lazy so & so when he plyed his trade at Ewood park. He knew it and tried to rub it in with the home fans, with an unfortunate outcome for all concerned.

Any ramblings, meanderings, thoughts or musings are mine and mine alone. Any opinions expressed are Lettie's!

Last edited by Sparkologist; 26-11-2004 at 14:43. Reason: Abysmal spelling and diabolical grammar!
Sparkologist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-11-2004, 12:49   #21

TBH i cant remember the last time the away players warmed up infront of the away end. i remember thinking before the incident, why the hell has he come to warm up infront of the bbe.
Old 26-11-2004, 13:48   #22
Senior Member+

Probably because it was the emptiest and the quietest part of the ground.

Old 27-11-2004, 09:40   #23
Senior Member+

we h8 the dingles u goin bet of millwall 2day
MCR ADIM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-11-2004, 10:50   #24
I am Band

Question Re: Racist Rovers Fan?

Quote:
Originally Posted by MCR ADIM
we h8 the dingles u goin bet of millwall 2day
Can someone please interpret this for me?

If you ask nicely, MCR, I'm sure Remploy can find room for you on one of their speech and elocution courses.

Apologies to the sensible members of this forum for digressing from the thread, into the realms of thread-rot.

Any ramblings, meanderings, thoughts or musings are mine and mine alone. Any opinions expressed are Lettie's!
Old 27-11-2004, 14:28   #25
Senior Member+

we h8 the dingles = we ate the snot

u = mistype

goin = enter

bet of = a bit of

millwall = Howard and Bulloughs wall

2 = twice
day = today

So as an interpreter of the new Accrington Education, English and other languages it looks like he works at H&Bs but has a snotty nose.

Old 27-11-2004, 17:54   #26
I am Band

I blame the government, and their Care in the Community initiative!

Old 28-11-2004, 10:29   #27

i think hes asking for predictions on burnleys game with millwall
Old 28-11-2004, 10:31   #28

no i think he is a millwall fan and is threatning us LOL

Come to stanley someday watch some real football
Old 05-12-2004, 14:06   #29
Senior Member+

no i am a rovers fan and i go to a posh school
MCR ADIM is offline   Reply With Quote

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..