Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > Hobbies and Accy Sport > General Sport and Hobby Talk > Football
Donate! Join Today

Football Talk about anything football related here..Any teams, any topic - so long as its football!

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 13-07-2006, 22:47   #1
God Member

Red and White Fortnight

same of you will already be familiar with this subject, but a quick resume for those of you who aren't.

Stanley Ultras Supporters Club are in the process of trying to organise Red and White Fortnight. The make up of this is that for two weeks leading up to the beginning of Stanleys first season back in the football league we want to decorate the town red and white. We want every shop to display balloons or a scarf or a congratulatory message to the reds. We want to see anybody who possess's a Stanley shirt to wear it every time they step foot out of the door, flag or scarf out of the window. We want to see pictures in every local newspaper complemented by an article in each edition, lets get on the radio, the telly. Absolutely everywhere. Its not just about football, its identity,its town pride, its about shouting from the rooftops that we are Accy and we are proud.

If you are able to help in any way please contact me. For any further details please see the thread under the Accrington Stanely section of this forum. I will repost here my post from earlier this evening that gives everybody alittle insight into where we are up to so far.

maccawozzagod vbmenu_register("postmenu_290977", true);

Re: Red and White Fortnight
To update you all on what is happening/happened already:

Leaflet drop around the town centre completed

Telegraph now on board. They have asked for anybody doing owt daft like painting their heads, houses car or whatever to let them or me know and we will get the LET photographer to take pix and then we can get them in the paper. We want to get something in every night so that is a potential 12 editions that need your mug in. I have asked for the sticker campaign to be re-run but from Broadway rather than the ground as we are targetting new fans rather than existing ones. I also expressed how good the red cover was on the title winning edition and said it would be nice if we can do that again.

Still waiting for a response from 2BR, Radio Lancs, The Bee, Rock FM, Granada Reports and The Accrington Observer. If you have an 'in' of any sorts with these people then please use it as it is rather disappointing that at least some of those have not responded. If you have any joy then please PM me and we can speak to them and liase it correctly.

Rob Heys has said that if the club can help they will, Fraser is available and if they can get the players out they will.

We need ideas and rapidly. I was thinking that Fraser should be out on Broadway with us lot handing out leaflets etc and I am going to speak with ASDA to see if they can do owt. Ideally they will put something on and then we can get the players down doing a bit of ball juggling, photo's, signings etc.
Have spoken to Sally Henfield at the LET and detailed what we want to and what we want them to do. She has also suggested that we ask people (fans) to do wacky things such as painting their hair red and white or their garage door or roof and they will get the photographer around. We need to get an article printed in every nightly edition, we can do quite a bit towards this and the club can also release whatever press they can in dribs and drabs.
ABSOLUTLEY ANY IDEA IS A GOOD ONE. Please contribute your ideas or what you propose to do towards the event. We need to get talking about it or else it could fall flat.

If you have contact numbers for ex-players then PM me with it (ask em first though and let em know I may be ringing) Newspapers always like to use quotes and anecdotes from ex-players. They need to recognised names though like Becky, Ash, Grimmy, Haggis.

We will get the recognised fan names like Jack Barrett to speak.

Kipax, can you host a page or two on the event such as faces painted and the window displays? Will you be available at some point for traipsing around town? I realise that you will be in Scotland on one of the saturdays.

Does anybody know any face painters that could donate their time and materials to sitting on Broadway for at least a sat morning?

Does anybody know of any kiddies rides or Bouncy Castles that could be utilised? Obviously a fee would need to be incurred on these but surely a nominal fee of 50p per go would cover their costs.

Have the official supporters club got any plans to climb aboard and help us out? Maybe you could be signing up new members or something?

Everybody can help with this by wearing your red and whitery at every given public moment (and the new shirts are due the day before I believe)

If anybody knows anything or anybody who could lend a hand then we need to know now. We have only 9 days before the start of this event that has the potential to be the single biggest Google Page Ranking stunt that the club or its fans has ever done.
Accrington Web
Old 13-07-2006, 22:54   #2
God Member

wow, thats a lot of stuff, I'm impressed hope it all comes together for you. Most I can do is display something in my sig I'm afraid.
Come and write every night, chat with a hula melody
Madhatter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-07-2006, 23:38   #3
Give, give, give member

Best of luck, I hope it goes well.

I hope that the first week of it isn't a bit quiet because it being Accy's annual wakes weeks fortnight. Even just twenty years ago most of the shops closed down and you couldn't even buy a paper, except from a man at the bus station. Happily most shops remain open now.

I am currently sporting a sunburnt red face in support.
Do I get a prize?

garinda is offline   Reply With Quote

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..