Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > Hobbies and Accy Sport > General Sport and Hobby Talk > Football
Donate! Join Today

Football Talk about anything football related here..Any teams, any topic - so long as its football!

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 07-02-2010, 08:39   #1
Senior Member+

Thumbs down RIP Rovers Fan

Just read this this morning, how sad. Just what has to happen for you to turn on one of your own teams supporters (presuming the agressor was in fact a fan) and leave them for dead in the concourse of another teams ground.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/england/s...re/8502701.stm

Our ultras might be a bit daft but you just couldn't imagine this happening at a stanley fixture. Is this the cost of premiership football?

My condolences to the family and friends of the young man. I hope the scum that did this gets pulled up on murder charges and you get some kind of justice, even though it won't ever replace your loss.

Best wishes

Sarah
sparkie is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 07-02-2010, 08:54   #2
Resting in Peace

Re: RIP Rovers Fan

Witnesses said he was part of a group larking about and tried to head a waste bin thrown in the air. Terrible tragedy for his family.
Redraine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2010, 09:12   #3
Senior Member+

the way the bbc report reads someones slammed him with a bin, but thats just from putting 2 and 2 together. Journolistic licsence I suppose. Either way its an awful event that shouldn't happen at a football match. Just so sad.
sparkie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2010, 09:16   #4
God Member

Just shouldn't happen at a football match, can't even imagine what the lad's family must be going through.
AccyMad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2010, 10:56   #5
God Member

At the end of the day regardless of colours we are all football fans. No football fan should go to a match and not come home.

R.I.P. to the man concerned and condolences to his family.
Old 07-02-2010, 15:18   #6

I was at the game and it was some younger adults throwing stuff around then one of them took it too far and threw a metal bin. No fighting was involved it was just a very very unfortunate accident.
theresonlyoneaccy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2010, 15:44   #7
God Member

Even still its still mindless acts that can be fatal, as much as footy should be a fun affair it should also be a safe one & respect for fellow fans. My condolences to his family RIP.

ACCRINGTON STANLEY MAD!

Stanleymad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2010, 16:00   #8

Its Terrible what happened.
lots of other clubs fans have been on rovers messege boards offering their sympathy.
spignific is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2010, 18:20   #9
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by theresonlyoneaccy View Post
I was at the game and it was some younger adults throwing stuff around then one of them took it too far and threw a metal bin. No fighting was involved it was just a very very unfortunate accident.
Please tell me you're not serious. An unfortunate accident ? Stupidity is the word you are looking for.
Old 07-02-2010, 19:34   #10

It just makes me feel sick when i hear stories like this, why people have to behave like they do i just cant comprehend.
Rob249 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2010, 08:51   #11
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by lancsdave View Post
Please tell me you're not serious. An unfortunate accident ? Stupidity is the word you are looking for.
I totally agree, even without the horrible consequences of this event, idiots behaving like that puts many people, particularily those with young kids, off going to football matches. To say this is an unfortunate accident, is just plain wrong, but doesn't surprise me these days....people need to be learn't to take responsibility for their own actions.

My condolences go out to this mans family! RIP.

Best Regards - Taggy
Taggy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2010, 09:50   #12
Resting in Peace

Unfortunately people go to matches and get involved in stupid games for a laurph, usually with dire consequences, things like this should never happen at a football match

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..