Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > Hobbies and Accy Sport > General Sport and Hobby Talk > Football
Donate! Join Today

Football Talk about anything football related here..Any teams, any topic - so long as its football!

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 31-05-2008, 14:41   #31
Resting in Peace

Re: ronaldo

Quote:
Originally Posted by derekgas View Post
To get back on thread, I dont think man u should let ronaldo go for another season at least, he is now coming into his own as a team player as well as a world class player in his own right, I have a feeling that united are looking reliant on one player again, but nobody thought united could get by without cantona, beckham and others, but they always managed, fergie has the next ronaldo lined up already, and when the time is right, he will introduce the replacements and let the 'stars' go, regardless of who they are.
Totally agree with you Derek, Fergy is one cool cookie, another season like he's had this season and his value will have shot up again. But he's already planning for the future with players like Nani and Anderson, the later will be a big star in the future
Old 31-05-2008, 14:47   #32
Apprentice Geriatric

Cool Re: ronaldo

Quote:
Originally Posted by derekgas View Post
To get back on thread, I dont think man u should let ronaldo go for another season at least, he is now coming into his own as a team player as well as a world class player in his own right, I have a feeling that united are looking reliant on one player again, but nobody thought united could get by without cantona, beckham and others, but they always managed, fergie has the next ronaldo lined up already, and when the time is right, he will introduce the replacements and let the 'stars' go, regardless of who they are.
I agree that Man U should try and hang onto Ronaldo for at least one more season and then another if he repeats last season’s performance.

But I suspect that many of the defenders are beginning to follow the old defending tradition of watching the ball and not trying to anticipate what the man is going to do. That is one of the reasons why Ronaldo doesn’t get past defenders to use his pace every time and ends up sat on the deck claiming that he was fouled.

But like others before him, he is not indispensable and if his demands are unacceptable Fergie will get shut, but not to an English team.

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..