Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > Hobbies and Accy Sport > General Sport and Hobby Talk > Football
Donate! Join Today

Football Talk about anything football related here..Any teams, any topic - so long as its football!

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 12-06-2009, 10:27   #16
Resting in Peace

Re: Ronaldo gone to Real Madrid

Quote:
Originally Posted by cashman View Post
that seemed to be the concensus this aft.
Think you were talking to City fans in disguise cashy they'd be easy to spot, great big smiles on their faces
Old 12-06-2009, 10:31   #17
Resting in Peace

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mancie View Post
Most United fans will be pretty peed off..and come on Jaysay nobody forks out 80million for a "not bad player" . when fergie said he would not sell to Madrid it was a couple of months ago when the expected bid was 60million.
I don't care what some may say, Ronaldo has been the most exciting player in the prem.
Can't disagree Mancie, I just had one gripe about him, everytime he lost the ball he went down like he'd been shot by Japanese sniper, that took the edge of his talents for me
Old 12-06-2009, 12:29   #18
Senior Member+

I'll just be curious how much of the money will be given to Fergie to find a suitable replacement for him.Or as I suspect how much will the Glazers keep to try and finance the debt they put the club in
Old 12-06-2009, 13:41   #19
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by mthead View Post
I'll just be curious how much of the money will be given to Fergie to find a suitable replacement for him.Or as I suspect how much will the Glazers keep to try and finance the debt they put the club in
heard on sky sports fergie agreed on condition he got the lot tp spend mate.
Old 12-06-2009, 15:51   #20
God Member

80million won't get a replacement for Ronaldo because there's no players on the market that match up...maybe Kaka or Messi but they ain't going nowhere.
Mancie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2009, 16:23   #21
Resting in Peace

Quote:
Originally Posted by mthead View Post
The Glazers have released a statement saying that the sale of Ronaldo was Fergie's decision alone and was in no way connected to the clubs finances
Old 12-06-2009, 16:39   #22
God Member

Good riddance ... but what a load of cash ... $160, 000, 000! Maybe it's time that the major football leagues looked at a salary cap ... but this isn't really about football, or the fans, it's about the cash ... if people really want to see large amounts of money moving around they could watch the daily proceedings of the NYSE. I enjoy watching football (though I prefer hockey), but I would prefer it if there were more teams involved in the league title races ... gets real boring. I don't mean that the sport on the field is boring, far from it ... but the predictability of it all ... (the Scottish Premier League is the biggest joke ... let me see, which one of the two teams will come top this year?) .... there are sports in which great players are content to play for teams that never win the top honours: Raymond Bourque played 21 seasons in the NHL for the Boston Bruins without winning the Stanley Cup; Fergie Jenkins was a standout pitcher in MLB, won the Cy Young award made it to the Hall of Fame, but he played for the Chicago Cubs, the perennial also rans; so, he never was on a world series team. I know that the great players will earn the big bucks, but there has to be a limit. At some point the idea that football is a sport as well as a business will have to reassert itself, or even the most loyal fans will get turned off.
Eric is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2009, 16:40   #23
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by cashman View Post
heard on sky sports fergie agreed on condition he got the lot tp spend mate.
before this sale Sir Alex was already promised 30 million...in theory he could buy Newcastle UTD and still have change!
Old 12-06-2009, 16:49   #24
God Member

Eric..what you say about the silly amounts of money paid for players and the wages has been an issue over here for years....Real Madrid have forked out over 130 million for two players in one week and that don't include the wages...I don't know where they got the money but I know even Man Utd cannot compete in that sort of market.
Old 12-06-2009, 18:12   #25
God Member

Real Madrid get money from the government, they pay the government all season, and the government help them back when they want to break another transfer fee record.
Old 12-06-2009, 18:20   #26
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by derekgas View Post
Real Madrid get money from the government, they pay the government all season, and the government help them back when they want to break another transfer fee record.
The Spanish Government buy players for Real Madrid? ...well now I know why Basque terrorists try to bomb them!
Old 12-06-2009, 18:39   #27
God Member

Madrid and the government have a good relationship apparently, line eachothers pockets as and when required, good job our mp's dont do it, there would be no money left in football in this country!
Old 12-06-2009, 20:59   #28
Accy Red

Cricket Challenge Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by derekgas View Post
Mancie will be peed off, Bagpuss will take the mick and be happy!
Always look on the brightside of life, I haven't laughed so much since............................................. ................................Of course the Champions League Final.

"At a football club, there's a holy trinity - the players, the manager and the supporters. Directors don't come into it. They're only there to sign cheques." - Bill Shankly
Bagpuss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2009, 21:01   #29
Accy Red

Cricket Challenge Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mancie View Post
but I know even Man Utd cannot compete in that sort of market.
Man City could, Man Utd soon to be the 2nd best team in Manchester!!!

"At a football club, there's a holy trinity - the players, the manager and the supporters. Directors don't come into it. They're only there to sign cheques." - Bill Shankly
Bagpuss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2009, 23:03   #30
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bagpuss View Post
Man City could, Man Utd soon to be the 2nd best team in Manchester!!!
ha ..you got some cheek Everton are likely to take over Pool next season!

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..