Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > Hobbies and Accy Sport > General Sport and Hobby Talk > Football
Donate! Join Today

Football Talk about anything football related here..Any teams, any topic - so long as its football!

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 29-08-2012, 13:51   #16
Super Moderator

Re: Rovers attendance

Quote:
Originally Posted by stetrovers View Post
most people get there fill of footie from t.v.
i've been going to live matches since i was 8years old.
it's something your brought up on.
i don't know too many people who watch footie week in week out , year in year out. it must be a minute percentage of the population who actually who actually do get down to the grounds. there's too many other distractions...

Enjoy your team
Are you sure? I don't have figures to hand but hundreds of thousands of folk do go regularly to watch footy week in week out which is hardly a small percentage. However all these reasons - footy on TV, bad weather on Saturday, Bank Holiday - apply just as much to other clubs as us and no one got such an awful gate as Stanley. Agree that price was probably a factor. After forking out for a game on Tuesday, perhaps some couldn't afford to go on Saturday. Problem is, the club is caught between a rock and a hard place - if they reduce the admission drastically, will they be rewarded with an increase in walk ons to make up the financial shortfall? Reckon they should try it for one match to see what happens.
Old 30-08-2012, 22:49   #17

the albion in clayton advertised it too.
fox and hounds at ewood are showing ALL rovers games this season apparantly
Old 30-08-2012, 22:58   #18

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wynonie Harris View Post
Are you sure? I don't have figures to hand but hundreds of thousands of folk do go regularly to watch footy week in week out which is hardly a small percentage. However all these reasons - footy on TV, bad weather on Saturday, Bank Holiday - apply just as much to other clubs as us and no one got such an awful gate as Stanley. Agree that price was probably a factor. After forking out for a game on Tuesday, perhaps some couldn't afford to go on Saturday. Problem is, the club is caught between a rock and a hard place - if they reduce the admission drastically, will they be rewarded with an increase in walk ons to make up the financial shortfall? Reckon they should try it for one match to see what happens.
dropping prices wont help. You either go week in week out,the odd one or two games or not at all. Add up all league attendances for any weekend and its not much of the countries population, which is millions.
Keep up your support, thats all you can do.
Old 30-08-2012, 23:51   #19
God Member

76,000 regular at Old Trafford .. and having come up by train for the Fulham game last week not many from London..but then does it matter where fans travel from?..said it in the past no club with any sense is gonna turn any fans away at the turnstiles.
Mancie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31-08-2012, 07:42   #20
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mancie View Post
76,000 regular at Old Trafford .. and having come up by train for the Fulham game last week not many from London..but then does it matter where fans travel from?..said it in the past no club with any sense is gonna turn any fans away at the turnstiles.
Nah no club will turn em away, amazing how many have no shame though.
Old 31-08-2012, 08:06   #21
Resting in Peace

Quote:
Originally Posted by cashman View Post
Nah no club will turn em away, amazing how many have no shame though.
Ya 76,000 glory hunters with no shame at all
Old 31-08-2012, 09:34   #22
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaysay View Post
Very unfair, there must be at least 10.000 Mancunians go yon.
Old 31-08-2012, 09:50   #23
Resting in Peace

Quote:
Originally Posted by cashman View Post
Very unfair, there must be at least 10.000 Mancunians go yon.
Mancunians watch the Champions cashy
Old 31-08-2012, 23:05   #24
God Member

Quote:
Mancunians watch the Champions cashy
And 13,000 watch your ex Prem team.. the team you jumped ship from
Old 31-08-2012, 23:30   #25
God Member

Quote:
That's the problem here..stupid people with no sense of reality
Old 02-09-2012, 01:44   #26

Hold on here this will take time to sort attendance,maybe 4 weeks ..12,000 at burnley today.. 2 weeks time Rovers v barnsley,then only /only 48 hours later also home sky match v middlesboro,so low crowds due to 2 games in only 48 hours and sky live game .no more than 15,000 prob to be honest. If Get results though and wolves at home late sept ,then that game 20,000 at least at rovers !!! whats that 12,000 gate at burnley look then ?? haa haa
spignific is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2012, 08:10   #27
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mancie View Post
And 13,000 watch your ex Prem team.. the team you jumped ship from
Right in a way, totally wrong as usual, I didn't jump ship seeing as how i went yon from Stanley in 62......... Accrington didn't have a team back then, I stayed yon, n unbelievably Accrington returned to the league about 5 yrs ago, So i returned to my home town club, There There,hope thats not to difficult to grasp? Plus Accrington is the club i started with.
Old 02-09-2012, 09:21   #28
Resting in Peace

Surprising thing is the thread starter is a Dingle, better to look at your own miserable gates rather than anybody else's, well thats 3 defeats on the trot for the ner do wells and Rovers still command bigger gates even after the upheaval with Venky's and Kean,
Old 02-09-2012, 09:32   #29
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!

Quote:
Surprising thing is the thread starter is a Dingle, better to look at your own miserable gates rather than anybody else's, well thats 3 defeats on the trot for the ner do wells and Rovers still command bigger gates even after the upheaval with Venky's and Kean,
Thats called "Shifting The Spotlight" which is the only way to go if yer a Dingle.
Old 02-09-2012, 09:59   #30
Super Moderator

Quote:
No, he's not, he's an Everton fan!

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..