Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > Hobbies and Accy Sport > General Sport and Hobby Talk > Football
Donate! Join Today

Football Talk about anything football related here..Any teams, any topic - so long as its football!

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 26-04-2004, 08:48   #151
Senior Member+

Re: Rovers standard of play

Lets hope he can fid someone as good for the defence now.The lads at the moment in midfield and the defence are getting on in years
Old 26-04-2004, 20:34   #152

I dont think the midfield is too bad. Thompson, Ferguson, Tugay, Reid, , Fitcroft, Emerton and possibly Andresen. Not bad in my books anyway. Defence is main problem. Need a big signing there I think. Short's been a good asset to the club but surely he cant go for much longer. Amoruso is a mystery though. From what I've seen, he should be playing in division 2, but the media love him. He got man of the match on Saturday against Everton.
AnthonyS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-04-2004, 20:42   #153
Accy Red

Cricket Challenge Champion!

I know my club will be signing a new central defender this summer so who knows you may get Henchoz back?

"At a football club, there's a holy trinity - the players, the manager and the supporters. Directors don't come into it. They're only there to sign cheques." - Bill Shankly
Bagpuss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-04-2004, 21:20   #154

Quote:
Originally Posted by AnthonyS
I dont think the midfield is too bad. Thompson, Ferguson, Tugay, Reid, , Fitcroft, Emerton and possibly Andresen. Not bad in my books anyway. Defence is main problem. Need a big signing there I think. Short's been a good asset to the club but surely he cant go for much longer. Amoruso is a mystery though. From what I've seen, he should be playing in division 2, but the media love him. He got man of the match on Saturday against Everton.
Note that Amoruso was carrying an injury earlier in the season and was also used to being in a division where he could drift a lot more without being caught out.

For me we do need a good quick central defender, and a left sided winger. Another striker would be nice too as Yorke is going to go, and I don't think that Jansen will ever be his old self. I'd love em' to get Sutton back from Celtic.
Old 26-04-2004, 21:56   #155

Dont think weve got a chance of getting Sutton back. Hes just signed a new contract. I dont think henchoz will add anything to our defence. Ive never thought he was any good anyway.
Old 27-04-2004, 12:55   #156
God Member

Whats the betting Stead is sold by Souness for £12m over the close season?
Tealeaf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-04-2004, 12:58   #157
Senior Member+

Selling your best assets is not good management... Ask ferguson about beckham

Dont think souness is that daft but someone else at the club might be
simon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-04-2004, 15:18   #158
God Member

Beckham was only a financial asset....and now he's rapidly depreciated....as a player he was a loss incurring liability...Ferguson should be congratulated on pulling off the biggest sales scam since London Bridge was sold to the Yanks...the yellow-livered spanish don't want him anymore because he's done nowt in Madrid, ..maybe Abromavich will pull a few bob out of his petty cash tin for him..that's it.
Tealeaf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-04-2004, 18:15   #159

Quote:
Originally Posted by simon
Selling your best assets is not good management... Ask ferguson about beckham Dont think souness is that daft but someone else at the club might be
I don't think anyone would be likely to splash out on Stead just yet tealeaf
Old 27-04-2004, 22:03   #160

What u mean becks aint done nothing in madrid. Hes making them loads of dosh££££! They are even filming him ASLEEP!!!!!!!!

And as for selling best assetts, rovers sold Duff at the end of last season! Look where thats got us. Dont think we'll make the same mistake in two seasons on the trot!
Old 28-04-2004, 07:00   #161
Senior Member+

well after all the Malarky with Beckhams private life i have heard he is now going to Sue,............... then Melissa, Rebecca, Andrea,Roberta and so on.
Old 28-04-2004, 07:26   #162

Lol. I've not heard that before.
Old 01-05-2004, 16:55   #163

Well. a few weeks ago we struggled playing against the likes of leeds and portsmouth, yet we can BEAT MAN UTD. Well done lads. We ain't going down now. I'm going out now to celebrate a glorious season. Game Over!
Old 01-05-2004, 19:05   #164
Accy Red

Cricket Challenge Champion!

I will congratulate any team that beats Man U no matter what team Utd put out.

"At a football club, there's a holy trinity - the players, the manager and the supporters. Directors don't come into it. They're only there to sign cheques." - Bill Shankly
Bagpuss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2004, 20:19   #165
Senior Member+

Tha can say wot that wants.Jon Stead has the makings of another Shearer.He just has the sniffer for where the goals are gonna happen

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..