Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > Hobbies and Accy Sport > General Sport and Hobby Talk > Football
Donate! Join Today

Football Talk about anything football related here..Any teams, any topic - so long as its football!

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 23-10-2003, 12:02   #16
Jo

Post Re: Rovers standard of play

I'll bet a pack of spaghetti and a home-made Bolognese sauce that he's still in the job at the end of the season... ;D
Jo is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 23-10-2003, 12:30   #17
God Member

OK - I'll bet a pound of black pudding on that...
Tealeaf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-10-2003, 12:31   #18
God Member

..that he ain't in the job..
Old 23-10-2003, 12:35   #19
I am Banned

I hope he keeps the job.. Wouldn't want to see someone good come along and stop them getting relegated would we
HarryX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-10-2003, 12:39   #20
God Member

Who was that clown who succeeded Dalgleish? And the guy who succeded him? a right Laurel & Hardy double act......
Old 23-10-2003, 14:35   #21
Jo

Roy Hodgson.

and if you think he was comical when he spoke English, you should have heard him in Italian when he managed Milan!
Old 23-10-2003, 21:29   #22
Senior Member+

I totally disagree.Souness has bought some players that are obviously past it.Amoruso for one.Looking back at the game in Turkey he was not up to scratch for international football.After spending all that money one would like to see something for it and to be blunt we have not at the moment.Hope the tide changes soon
Old 24-10-2003, 11:27   #23
Jo

Well said, Mik, I agree Souness has bought some wicked players, but he's also sold some damn good ones - sometimes the economics have priority over the footballing. Lets hope things start picking up so I can come to Dorfen and watch the decisive match when they're about to win the league...... ;D
Old 24-10-2003, 12:04   #24
God Member

Souness. The man is an idiot. The sooner he sod's off, the better.
Old 25-10-2003, 08:01   #25
Senior Member+

Looking back to last season where we came 6th.Up until about the last 8 games we were down in the relegation zone.then a series of good wins brought us up to that position.Agreed we did well.What is happenning at the moment seems to be that any players disagreeing with Souness will be sold on eg. Dunn.The same happenned at MU with Beckham.The players will decide however.If they are not happy with the manager they just play crap, get bad results and the board sacks the manager.
Old 25-10-2003, 21:00   #26
I am Banned

Blackburn Rovers have at least another 3 seasons in the premiership guaranteed

Winter, Spring and Summer.. har har!

HarryX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-10-2003, 07:31   #27
Senior Member+

After the result yesterday Harry and Tealeaf i will agree with you.Its success that counts and nothing else.Last seasons results are old news.No good playing well and getting nothing out of it.noqw we are 5th from bottom.If things do not start picking up then its bye bye Souness.However the good thing is that Stanley won yesterday
Old 26-10-2003, 13:07   #28

[quote author=HarryX link=board=footy;num=1066727406;start=0#25 date=10/25/03 at 22:00:12]Blackburn Rovers have at least another 3 seasons in the premiership guaranteed

Winter, Spring and Summer.. har har!

[/quote]

LMAO-ROLL ON NEXT SEASON.....BURNLEY 3 ROVERS 0

jason is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-10-2003, 18:29   #29
Senior Member+

Anybody in this world that thinks Burnley have an aspiration on taking on Rovers at the moment.Well that would be a travesty on reality.Get off the pills eh! Jason  
Old 27-10-2003, 14:46   #30

Rovers? Burnley? Who cares?

The important news is...the mighty Stanley are live on BBC 1 on Sunday November 9th at 1pm.

The renaissance continues...SUPPORT YOUR LOCAL CLUB!
ASFC1951 is offline   Reply With Quote

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..