Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > Hobbies and Accy Sport > General Sport and Hobby Talk > Football
Donate! Join Today

Football Talk about anything football related here..Any teams, any topic - so long as its football!

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 03-11-2003, 06:32   #46
Senior Member+

Post Re: Rovers standard of play

Will agree Roy but when all said and done it boils down to results.No point playing well all season and deserving to win but end up being relegated
Old 03-11-2003, 08:16   #47
Jo

I thought they played very well, especially 1st half. Shame Cole and Yorke couldn't get their act together though. What a downer. I watched it last night on Sky Italia. had been looking forward to it all week......
Jo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2003, 08:33   #48
God Member

Without a change of manager,Rovers are finished in the premier this season. The problem is  this: Who will replace Souness. We know Parkes will do for for a while - after that, who.

Knowing Blackburn, they will probably leave it to late before they act, anyway.
Tealeaf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2003, 13:55   #49

Regards standard of play,i did not see any
thing that resembled play.I do think it is time
to go looking for a new manager before it is to
late.
George Walker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2003, 14:23   #50
God Member

It's quite simple. Rovers need to get a new manager in place and to have a good "feel" of the existing team ahead of the Transfer Window, which I believe is January...so unless Souness can get a big improvement by early December, he's on his bike. End of Story.
Old 04-11-2003, 13:47   #51
Senior Member+

He can by my bike.Then again the steering is on the other side as its a German one   [smiley=help.gif]Has this sign on it so it would be perfect for Souness  ;D
Old 10-11-2003, 13:11   #52
Jo

Rovers v Everton is on live over here tonight, can't wait - hope they win at last, it's getting embarassing.
Old 10-11-2003, 17:08   #53

Terrible state of play that Rovers keep losing.  Now i am really fed up with hubby being in a foul mood all the time, hope they win tonight.

Sara is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2003, 20:45   #54
Senior Member+

Well Sara he must be in a good mood tonight.A nervous 2 - 1 win but 3 points are 3 points.Considering the post i believe these smilies are in order and all in the right order [smiley=ban.gif] [smiley=pint.gif] [smiley=cuddle.gif] [smiley=icon_hump.gif]
Old 11-11-2003, 07:11   #55
adi

well hopefully that will be the turning point in Rovers Season.

and what a great start - 2 goals up in only 13 minutes!! I thought we thoroughly deserved the win last night although my heart was in my mouth when Unsworth missed from only 2 yards out!!
adi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2003, 09:13   #56
Jo

God my hope lower limbs were in my mouth, never mind just my heart!!!  
Thought Rovers became a bit sloppy in the 2nd half, similar to previous matches. Hope Amoruso comes back soon and that Gallagher and Baggio can be in the starting line-up a  bit more often.
Old 11-11-2003, 20:31   #57
Senior Member+

Good God Jo lower limbs in your mouth????? you a contortionist or what
Old 11-11-2003, 20:33   #58
Senior Member+

Na ****** the older players.The newer younger ones should be milked in slowly.Reid is a gud un and he impressed me.Thompson a grafter in midfield and somebody tell Erikson that Jansen is back in the running.
Old 07-12-2003, 17:39   #59
Senior Member+

Well i will be b++++++ed.It does look like there seems to be a change in the wind.I would not have believed it but Souness does seem to have got his act together.The players are beginning to play like a team at last.Good win against Birmingham and a good overall team performance.Something not seen for a while
Old 08-12-2003, 08:45   #60
God Member

Oh dear.....looks like I owe Adi a pint......

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..