Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > Hobbies and Accy Sport > General Sport and Hobby Talk > Football
Donate! Join Today

Football Talk about anything football related here..Any teams, any topic - so long as its football!

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 21-10-2003, 09:10   #1
Jo

Post Rovers standard of play

Watched Rovers - Charlton last night - what a load of rubbish.
Am a great rovers fan and am sad to see the standard we've dropped to.
I know I'm used to watching Serie A and the standard is much higher over here than English football in general, but even compared to teams like Chelsea, Arsenal and Man U, Rovers just don't seem to have what it takes this year, even with the line-up they have.
What annoys me the most is the slopiness and lost balls, seems like watching Serie C2 over here. Also, why keep Baggio and Gallagher on the bench til the 80th? They were probably only ones that created anything decent in the 10 mins they were on. Come on Rovers, wake up!
Jo is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 21-10-2003, 09:43   #2
Roy
Administrator

Post Re: Rovers standard of play

Have to admit I agree, I went on last night, the first time for 5 years. Fortunately it was only £10 otherwise I would have been asking for my money back. The standard of both teams was less than the conference/non league sides I am used to watching! I'll carry on paying my money over at stanley thank you very much!
Roy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-10-2003, 10:01   #3

I though Charlton played very well, lol
Old 21-10-2003, 10:31   #4
I am Banned

10 quid? Talk about a fool and his money easilly parted. ;D

Rovers will soon be where they belong. A mid table first division side along with Burnley a lower first division side.

HarryX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-10-2003, 10:47   #5
God Member

Whats the betting up there as to when Souness gets his P45?
Tealeaf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-10-2003, 11:01   #6
adi

how fickle are football fans?

this is the same Blackburn Rovers that finished SIXTH yes believe it SIXTH in the Premiership last season.

i admit that Rovers (by their own high standards) have had a poor start to the season but every side goes through one in a campaign and hopefully this is Rovers.

lets be honest though - although they lost last night, they where still the better team (im not saying Charlton where or are a good side) and deserved something from it.

as for Souness getting his P45 - i doubt that very much indeed, ask any PROPER Rovers fan and they will tell you that he's the best manager we have had behind Kenny Dalglish.
adi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-10-2003, 12:27   #7
God Member

Adi,

There's a pint saying Souness will be gone by Christmas...
Old 21-10-2003, 20:57   #8

adi says.............
this is the same Blackburn Rovers that finished SIXTH yes believe it SIXTH in the Premiership last season.

yes they did but rovers had dunn and duff,where are they??playing in teams way above rovers.............
from a burnley fan..........lmao @ rovers........we'll be playing them next season in div 1.

or by the way....charlton deserved to win last night,better passing,better skill,more heart and can score goals!

come on rovers fans give me the boos now! :

jason is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-10-2003, 07:14   #9
Jo

I thought Charlton played equally bad football as Rovers.
Also agree that Souness has been a great manager, but I can't justify some of his recent choices. He's certainly made some money for the club, his buying good players whilst still blooming and then selling them at a good profit, but frankly I'm not a share holder, so I don't care much about that, just want to see some decent fooball.
Jo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-10-2003, 08:16   #10
adi

i'll take you up on that offer of a pint Tealeaf.

i still believe that Souness will be in charge at the Rovers come the end of the season.

as for booing from the Rovers fans Jason - at least their was enough of them on to boo...............................how many are you averaging at the moment??
Old 22-10-2003, 08:33   #11
God Member

Hey Jason,

And the season after next season Rovers will be playing Stanley in Division 2!
Old 22-10-2003, 10:54   #12
adi

anyhow - if the unthinkable happened and Rovers did get relegated.

at least we will be guaranteed another six easy points from our friends down the road in Burnley.
Old 22-10-2003, 10:59   #13
God Member

That'll be difficult....Burnley will be in the Premier then!
Old 22-10-2003, 17:19   #14

[quote author=adi link=board=footy;num=1066727406;start=0#9 date=10/22/03 at 09:16:25]i'll take you up on that offer of a pint Tealeaf.

i still believe that Souness will be in charge at the Rovers come the end of the season.

as for booing from the Rovers fans Jason - at least their was enough of them on to boo...............................how many are you averaging at the moment??[/quote]

doh....i meant booing me......lmao
i want to catch up to teabag on -20

jason is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-10-2003, 11:04   #15
adi

sorry Jason - misread the Thread!!!

as for Burnley being in the Premier by then Tealeaf - do you want another Pint bet on that?!?

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..