Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > Hobbies and Accy Sport > General Sport and Hobby Talk > Football
Donate! Join Today

Football Talk about anything football related here..Any teams, any topic - so long as its football!

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 08-09-2009, 14:15   #61
God Member

Re: Rovers v Burnley

Quote:
Originally Posted by Northern Monkey View Post
Not long until we welcome the Dingles to Ewood now. Bring it on!

Welcome ??? Are you sure you chose the correct word
Old 08-09-2009, 14:42   #62

Well, maybe not much of welcome!

"It is better to remain silent and presumed a fool, than to open one's mouth and remove all doubt." Abraham Lincoln

"A pessimist sees the difficulty in every opportunity; an optimist sees the opportunity in every difficulty." Sir Winston Churchill
Northern Monkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2009, 16:03   #63
Resting in Peace

Quote:
Originally Posted by Northern Monkey View Post
Not long until we welcome the Dingles to Ewood now. Bring it on!

We've played them four times in my life - won three, drawn one. Scored nine and conceded a solitary goal. Keep up the good work Rovers!
Shooooooosh NM the Dingles can get really touchy
Old 08-09-2009, 16:11   #64

I'm used to them infesting the Rovers forums', it's OK - they suffer from an inferior complex! Not surprising though, they've been in our shadows for over 20 years.

"It is better to remain silent and presumed a fool, than to open one's mouth and remove all doubt." Abraham Lincoln

"A pessimist sees the difficulty in every opportunity; an optimist sees the opportunity in every difficulty." Sir Winston Churchill
Old 09-09-2009, 01:29   #65

just returned from holiday to see the offical allocation of away tickets and i think it is fair.
reports of rovers getting 2100 and burnley getting 7,000 were wrong.thank god.
Rovers people getting 2400 tickets at burnley,odds of rovers season tickets holder going burnley away is 8-1..
Burnley getting 3,000 at blackburn away,odds of burnley seasons ticket holder getting ticket to ewood is 6-1.
they get less but percentage,better,yes

is fair..simples

i am typing in croatain accent because ive just got back from there.
havla (thanks you)
spignific is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2009, 07:45   #66
white rabbits

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaysay View Post
Shooooooosh NM the Dingles can get really touchy
I like being called a Dingle.....even the Dingles in Emmerdale are united in crime,,,,,
Old 09-09-2009, 09:42   #67
Resting in Peace

Quote:
Originally Posted by grannyclaret View Post
I like being called a Dingle.....even the Dingles in Emmerdale are united in crime,,,,,
Ya GC but the Dingles in Emerdale are born losers
Old 09-09-2009, 11:35   #68
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by grannyclaret View Post
and i can quite honestly see the dingles STEALING a win ...

to be fair rovers have been playin well, but we couldnt score in a brothel and goals win games !!!

simples !!...

a proper football club,built on the foundations laid by a true fan..andy dunn notw 08....fantastic !!!
BLACKBURN RAVER is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-09-2009, 01:42   #69

According to certain football messege boards,accrington is where hundreds of burnley fans (a lot from burnley) are going to get ****ed all day and watch the game in pubs(stanley/calder etc ) and then cause some aggro..i suppose at the reverse fixture it maybe the same with blackburn not getting away at burnley tickets and coming over .. what i mean is maybe avoid accy centre after rovers v burnley game

Last edited by spignific; 13-09-2009 at 01:45.
spignific is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-09-2009, 07:12   #70
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by spignific View Post
According to certain football messege boards,accrington is where hundreds of burnley fans (a lot from burnley) are going to get ****ed all day and watch the game in pubs(stanley/calder etc ) and then cause some aggro..i suppose at the reverse fixture it maybe the same with blackburn not getting away at burnley tickets and coming over .. what i mean is maybe avoid accy centre after rovers v burnley game

What a load of bull.
Old 13-09-2009, 19:10   #71
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by spignific View Post
sounds like business as usuall.. not sure about "hundreds" but always been the same in Accy when Rovers and Burnley play each other..afterall it's the only chance they get to have a scrap...
if they tried it on with any another Prem teams supporters they'd both get a good hiding..

Last edited by Mancie; 13-09-2009 at 19:12.
Mancie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-09-2009, 09:09   #72
Resting in Peace

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mancie View Post
sounds like business as usuall.. not sure about "hundreds" but always been the same in Accy when Rovers and Burnley play each other..afterall it's the only chance they get to have a scrap...
if they tried it on with any another Prem teams supporters they'd both get a good hiding..
Well it would be too far to go to scrap with United fans, 500 mile round trip to London ain't worth it
Old 14-09-2009, 10:51   #73

Posted via Mobile Device I didn't expect anything different! I will be out in Blackburn celebrating three points.

I1
Old 23-09-2009, 17:58   #74
God Member

Details announced today for tickets and coach travel. Coaches leave Turf Moor at 9.15 am !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Why don't they just let the mindless morons from both clubs arrange a big punch up somewhere remote and where no damage to property can be done ( middle of Darwen ? ) , and treat the remainder ( the majority ) of fans from both clubs like civilised human beings
Old 23-09-2009, 20:23   #75
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by lancsdave View Post
Details announced today for tickets and coach travel. Coaches leave Turf Moor at 9.15 am !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Why don't they just let the mindless morons from both clubs arrange a big punch up somewhere remote and where no damage to property can be done ( middle of Darwen ? ) , and treat the remainder ( the majority ) of fans from both clubs like civilised human beings
Why Darwen?
Mid way point like the Coppice would be more like it and with your undoubted attributes you could be mediator and referee....Set a stall up with your brick a brack.........you might make a few bob.....but as a bit of advice to a friend...dont leave T Shirts unattended.

Blackburn Rovers Supporter Since 1950
Royboy39 is offline   Reply With Quote

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..