Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > Hobbies and Accy Sport > General Sport and Hobby Talk > Football
Donate! Join Today

Football Talk about anything football related here..Any teams, any topic - so long as its football!

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 08-01-2009, 16:47   #16
Resting in Peace

Re: Santa Cruz

Quote:
Originally Posted by cashman View Post
disagree raver, someone needs to make a stand with contracts, just hope its us.
Well I agree and disagree cashy, it would be good to make a stand, but there again do you really want a player at Ewood who don't really want to be there
Old 08-01-2009, 23:39   #17
Senior Member+

Quote:
disagree raver, someone needs to make a stand with contracts, just hope its us.

true but what would you rather have ?..£15-20 million to spend on new players and a happy ship or a player who doesnt want to play, wont give 100 % and will leave for nothing at the end of a well payed contract....

damn sure which i would have mate

a proper football club,built on the foundations laid by a true fan..andy dunn notw 08....fantastic !!!
BLACKBURN RAVER is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2009, 10:18   #18
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by BLACKBURN RAVER View Post
true but what would you rather have ?..£15-20 million to spend on new players and a happy ship or a player who doesnt want to play, wont give 100 % and will leave for nothing at the end of a well payed contract....

damn sure which i would have mate
thats a debateable point BR, if he don't give 100% then the odds are he will lose his international place, n hes a guy who loves playing fer his country i think. plus all reports on grapevine say he's very happy n positive at the training ground, so personally i think its worth the risk.
Old 09-01-2009, 10:50   #19
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!

just heard city are set to make a £17 million take it or leave it offer, won't be sad if rovers refuse, but thats well worth considering. so would not be to upset if it was accepted.
Old 09-01-2009, 11:00   #20
Senior Member+

Quote:
just heard city are set to make a £17 million take it or leave it offer, won't be sad if rovers refuse, but thats well worth considering. so would not be to upset if it was accepted.

nor me....

barton touted at £2 mill...id have him

boyd @ £4 million...id have him (see if he can cut it here )

pennant....poss..£2-3 mill or on loan...we need a right winger and put emo back at right bk !!....

diouf...£5 mill

nicky shorey at villa !!! they want rid....

and all for less than £17 mill .............

just a thought lol

a proper football club,built on the foundations laid by a true fan..andy dunn notw 08....fantastic !!!
Old 09-01-2009, 11:13   #21
Resting in Peace

Quote:
nor me....

barton touted at £2 mill...id have him

boyd @ £4 million...id have him (see if he can cut it here )

pennant....poss..£2-3 mill or on loan...we need a right winger and put emo back at right bk !!....

diouf...£5 mill

nicky shorey at villa !!! they want rid....

and all for less than £17 mill .............

just a thought lol
Great Wish list Raver, but would Sam be given all the money to spend on new players, I very much doubt it personally
Old 09-01-2009, 11:22   #22
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaysay View Post
Great Wish list Raver, but would Sam be given all the money to spend on new players, I very much doubt it personally

i should very much hope he does !!! otherwise its gonna be another shearer/duff situaution....sell big and give the manager peanuts....dont think big sam would go for that !!!

Old 09-01-2009, 16:40   #23
Resting in Peace

Quote:
i should very much hope he does !!! otherwise its gonna be another shearer/duff situaution....sell big and give the manager peanuts....dont think big sam would go for that !!!
Don't think Sam would have much of a say in the matter myself Raver

Last edited by jaysay; 09-01-2009 at 16:41. Reason: error
jaysay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2009, 17:10   #24
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!

the only trouble wi yer list raver n it aint a bad un, is all those players PLUS all the wages would cost far more than the santa cruz fee, even if sam gets it all, so forget it.
Old 10-01-2009, 10:13   #25
Resting in Peace

Its in the Guardian this morning that Sam would do a deal for Santa Cruz, if it included Daniel Sturridge, I like his style
Old 11-01-2009, 10:18   #26
Senior Member+

sounds like a plan to me !!!

Old 11-01-2009, 10:19   #27
Senior Member+

Its a difficult one really isnt it. Lets be honest, its looks like he's going to leave at some point, so whats the best deal for the club? I quite like the way Big Sam is handling the situation. He's challenged Santa Cruz to get fit, score goals, keep Rovers in the Prem...and then see how things are at the end of the season. Bit like whats happening at Boro with Downing...although Rovers havn't gone so far as to say he's definately not for sale! If he does go, then i think we can be sure that we will get the best possible price for him. Again, being perfectly honest, good a player as Santa Cruz is, he aint World Class, and he certainly aint worth £20 million quid. However keeping Rovers in the Prem is certainly worth more than that. So my gut feeling would be to tell him to knuckle down for the rest of the season and if he wants to go in the Summer then let him. It might be that this way, we might not get quite as much money for him, but if he did help keep us in the Prem, then it would be worth it. I seem to recall when he signed his improved contract 6 months ago, he said he thought he had a duty to show loyalty to Blackburn, perhaps he should be reminded of those words now! Whoever we move for, if he leaves now, will also have an inflated value put on them too, and none of the names mentioned excites me at all. Afraid it would make me Puke to see Joey Barton in a Rovers shirt!

Best Regards - Taggy
Taggy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2009, 12:20   #28
Resting in Peace

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taggy View Post
Its a difficult one really isnt it. Lets be honest, its looks like he's going to leave at some point, so whats the best deal for the club? I quite like the way Big Sam is handling the situation. He's challenged Santa Cruz to get fit, score goals, keep Rovers in the Prem...and then see how things are at the end of the season. Bit like whats happening at Boro with Downing...although Rovers havn't gone so far as to say he's definately not for sale! If he does go, then i think we can be sure that we will get the best possible price for him. Again, being perfectly honest, good a player as Santa Cruz is, he aint World Class, and he certainly aint worth £20 million quid. However keeping Rovers in the Prem is certainly worth more than that. So my gut feeling would be to tell him to knuckle down for the rest of the season and if he wants to go in the Summer then let him. It might be that this way, we might not get quite as much money for him, but if he did help keep us in the Prem, then it would be worth it. I seem to recall when he signed his improved contract 6 months ago, he said he thought he had a duty to show loyalty to Blackburn, perhaps he should be reminded of those words now! Whoever we move for, if he leaves now, will also have an inflated value put on them too, and none of the names mentioned excites me at all. Afraid it would make me Puke to see Joey Barton in a Rovers shirt!

Best Regards - Taggy
Lot of sense there Taggy
Old 27-01-2009, 11:32   #29
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!

Kenwyne Jones has just signed a new contract with Sunderland till 2013,despite moneybags Spurs trying to sign him, forget league positions, Spurs are a bigger club.I.M.H.O. i think its good to see a young man show "LOYALTY" to his club n maybe Santa Cruz could learn summat from it?
Old 27-01-2009, 16:26   #30
Resting in Peace

Quote:
Kenwyne Jones has just signed a new contract with Sunderland till 2013,despite moneybags Spurs trying to sign him, forget league positions, Spurs are a bigger club.I.M.H.O. i think its good to see a young man show "LOYALTY" to his club n maybe Santa Cruz could learn summat from it?
I actually laughed when I saw that cashy, Contracts aren't worth the paper they're written on, Santa Cruz did the same thing only last August, and he's been jumping through hoops trying to get to City

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..