Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > Hobbies and Accy Sport > General Sport and Hobby Talk > Football
Donate! Join Today

Football Talk about anything football related here..Any teams, any topic - so long as its football!

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

Like Tree3Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 11-02-2013, 18:16   #16
God Member

Re: Scottish PL

and may i add im not falling for it mr stone roses take your fishing rod home lol
Old 11-02-2013, 18:37   #17
Resting in Peace

Quote:
Originally Posted by cmonstanley View Post
misinformed. rangers have had catholics before the 80s johnny hubbard naming one celtic dont have anybody but catholics on the board hence why jock stein was never given a place on the board he was given the football pools to run both were as bad as each other .hopefully time away from each other will lessen the daftness. the press up here stir it the snp stir it by creating laws which just make it ten times worse by antagonising idiots on both sides ftp the famine song etc havent been sung at ibrox for 2 years as they are banned .we have moved on we have had catholic captains amuroso who went to blackburn among few gattuso arteta van bronckhurst porrini mo johnston most people dont care what religion players are it producing the goods on the pitch that counts.just thinking if we kept most of that team together it would have been some team.
Hip Hip hurray something we can agree on C'mon, its a complete nonsense like you said, its not about where you go to church its about watching a team playing on a football field, from what I saw when I worked up there in both catholic clubs and Orange houses (mind you this was in the early 70s)they were both as bad as one another, its my belief that things HAVE improved immensely since those days but as you say there are always nutters on both sides of any argument who don't like to see peace both on and off the field. I honestly don't think that the present situation that exists is doing Scotish football any favours, Rangers in the forth tier of football, and as you said its not cut and dried that they will get automatic promotion next season, but the sooner the Status Quo is returned to the SPL football is the real looser
cmonstanley likes this.
jaysay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2013, 23:38   #18
Junior Member+

StoneRoses is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2013, 08:27   #19
Resting in Peace

Quote:
Originally Posted by StoneRoses View Post
Who gives a flying, six of one half a dozen of the other, end of argument, remember "no poppy on our hoops stunt"
Old 13-02-2013, 00:21   #20
Junior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaysay View Post
Who gives a flying, six of one half a dozen of the other, end of argument, remember "no poppy on our hoops stunt"
very well, can I ask what was wrong with it?
Old 13-02-2013, 08:04   #21
Resting in Peace

Quote:
very well, can I ask what was wrong with it?
it was an insult to all our troops past and present, and remember I'm pro Celtic
Old 13-02-2013, 18:40   #22
Junior Member+

Quote:
it was an insult to all our troops past and present, and remember I'm pro Celtic
What troops?
The ones who killed innocent men, women and children in Ireland?
The ones who are in Iraq and Afghanistan aiding America in their search for oil whilst killing civilians on their way?

Remember Celtic was founded by Irish immigrants who were more than likely affected by the British armies involvement in Ireland, or know someone who was, and seeing how Celtic are always consistently told to keep politics out of football until Poppy season comes along where they are forced to have a Poppy on their shirt, they have a reason to protest.

I will remember the troops who I think fought and died for a worthy cause, but I will remember them in my own way, I don't need no Poppy to prove this. I believe that nowadays the Poppy has gone astray from its original agenda, as I now see it more as a way to garner support and glorify any wars the British army becomes involved in. Just my opinion.
Old 13-02-2013, 18:46   #23
Resting in Peace

Quote:
What troops?
The ones who killed innocent men, women and children in Ireland?
The ones who are in Iraq and Afghanistan aiding America in their search for oil whilst killing civilians on their way?

Remember Celtic was founded by Irish immigrants who were more than likely affected by the British armies involvement in Ireland, or know someone who was, and seeing how Celtic are always consistently told to keep politics out of football until Poppy season comes along where they are forced to have a Poppy on their shirt, they have a reason to protest.

I will remember the troops who I think fought and died for a worthy cause, but I will remember them in my own way, I don't need no Poppy to prove this. I believe that nowadays the Poppy has gone astray from its original agenda, as I now see it more as a way to garner support and glorify any wars the British army becomes involved in. Just my opinion.
And your opinion sucks
Old 13-02-2013, 18:52   #24
Junior Member+

Quote:
And your opinion sucks
Old 13-02-2013, 20:41   #25
a multieloquent Mule

Xeno Tactic Champion!

Are you really here to talk about Jock footy or just cause an argument ?

Should you wish to discus British military intervention through the ages try the search facility, or better still, start a new thread.

Quote:

What troops?

The same ones whose sacrifices allow you to spout your bile without fear of being persecuted.

Remember Celtic was founded by Irish immigrants who were more than likely affected by the British armies involvement in Ireland

History obviously not your strong point ? Here's a clue, look for International agricultural depression.

seeing how Celtic are always consistently told to keep politics out of football until Poppy season comes along

Poppies & remembrance services are non-political & are there for all nationalities & religions of the fallen.

I don't need no Poppy to prove this. I believe that nowadays the Poppy has gone astray from its original agenda, as I now see it more as a way to garner support and glorify any wars the British army becomes involved in. Just my opinion.

Common sense, it appears is also not one of your stronger suites.

jaysay likes this.
Old 13-02-2013, 22:38   #26
God Member

he is fishing, dont fall for his bait
Old 14-02-2013, 09:04   #27
Resting in Peace

Quote:
Originally Posted by cmonstanley View Post
he is fishing, dont fall for his bait
I'm a Catholic and I won't swallow his crap
cmonstanley likes this.
Old 16-02-2013, 12:43   #28
Junior Member+

I wear a white poppy which remembers all who died in wars, not just the soldiers.
Obviously you do not know your history either
Old 16-02-2013, 13:54   #29
Resting in Peace

Quote:
I wear a white poppy which remembers all who died in wars, not just the soldiers.
I know enough to shun a white poppy, for what it is, conscientious load of bull crap, there's only one poppy and people who died and gave so much in all wars are remembered by them, the red poppy, any others are a poor attempt to gain credibility. I remember some Hyndburn councilors who walked around with the white poppy on their lapels and refused to walk on remembrance day, it only ever happened once
Old 16-02-2013, 13:59   #30
a multieloquent Mule

Xeno Tactic Champion!

Quote:
I don't need no Poppy to prove this.
Okay, each to their own SR.

Quote:
Hang on I thought you didn't "need no poppy to prove this." yet in your second statement you categorically & clearly state you wear a white poppy ?????? Which incidentally came about in the 1930's & it was the Womens co-operative guild that first issued them in 1933 as "a pledge to peace that war must not happen again."

Whereas the more common Red Poppy came into being in 1921 & was adopted by the RBL with the intention of supporting veterans, their families, widows & orphans of the "Great war".

Anyway lecture on Poppies over & onto my grasp of History, I think you'll find my understanding of history & British history in particular is quite wide ranging & encompassing, making your statement moot.

So once again I suggest that we return this thread back to Jock footy & if you want to discus this further start a new & relevant thread.

« Referees | Wembley »

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..