Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > Hobbies and Accy Sport > General Sport and Hobby Talk > Football
Donate! Join Today

Football Talk about anything football related here..Any teams, any topic - so long as its football!

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

Like Tree3Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 16-02-2013, 14:05   #31
Junior Member+

Re: Scottish PL

I was putting myself in the shoes of the Green brigade (the group who protested the poppy being forced onto celtic teams shirts).

Also I wouldn't keep going on as if you're some genius, i'll assume you've got all them quotes from wikipedia?

Also my last post might not have made sense because this picture was supposed to follow it up, for some reason it didn't post -- http://www.irishholocaust.org/1024-m...attredirects=0

Anyhow. I do believe this should return to SPL chat. Although this probably shows what the SPL is, more politics than football.
StoneRoses is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 16-02-2013, 14:12   #32
Resting in Peace

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaveinGermany View Post
Okay, each to their own SR.

Hang on I thought you didn't "need no poppy to prove this." yet in your second statement you categorically & clearly state you wear a white poppy ?????? Which incidentally came about in the 1930's & it was the Women's co-operative guild that first issued them in 1933 as "a pledge to peace that war must not happen again."

Whereas the more common Red Poppy came into being in 1921 & was adopted by the RBL with the intention of supporting veterans, their families, widows & orphans of the "Great war".

Anyway lecture on Poppies over & onto my grasp of History, I think you'll find my understanding of history & British history in particular is quite wide ranging & encompassing, making your statement moot.

So once again I suggest that we return this thread back to Jock footy & if you want to discus this further start a new & relevant thread.
Thanks Dave, this was never supposed to go down the road of sectarianism, it was all about the very poor quality of football as a whole over the border, can't believe how poor it is, ESPN are even showing 3 division games because Ranger are playing in that league, but they aren't the Rangers of old they will be in the wilderness for a very long time
jaysay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-02-2013, 14:16   #33
a multieloquent Mule

Xeno Tactic Champion!

To be honest I've never really rated Scottish football, it was always between the big 2, plus the numbers never allowed for the variety that can be found in English or for that matter European football.
Old 16-02-2013, 14:19   #34
Junior Member+

Aren't they restructuring the leagues to make it 12-12-18? + Celtic have a young hotbed of talent at their team right now, players the EPL are dying to get their hands on. Ki has already gone, they're after Wanyama, Hooper, Forrest, Izaguirre was being looked at pre-injury, also Forster is on teams targets, especially with his performances against Barca
Old 16-02-2013, 14:23   #35
Resting in Peace

Quote:
To be honest I've never really rated Scottish football, it was always between the big 2, plus the numbers never allowed for the variety that can be found in English or for that matter European football.
Well if it was any good Dave the big two wouldn't have been trying all they can to get into the English Premier League, it won't happen it would have to be ratified by all clubs, even if it was ever considered and can you see anybody agreeing, well maybe the like of the plastic mancs who don't give a toss for football anyway
Old 16-02-2013, 14:25   #36
Resting in Peace

Quote:
Originally Posted by StoneRoses View Post
Aren't they restructuring the leagues to make it 12-12-18? + Celtic have a young hotbed of talent at their team right now, players the EPL are dying to get their hands on. Ki has already gone, they're after Wanyama, Hooper, Forrest, Izaguirre was being looked at pre-injury, also Forster is on teams targets, especially with his performances against Barca
Hot bed in Scotland, Crew are like that in England
Old 16-02-2013, 14:29   #37
Junior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaysay View Post
Hot bed in Scotland, Crew are like that in England
If we can shift these players for the same money we got for McGeady we'll be set for years
Old 16-02-2013, 14:32   #38
a multieloquent Mule

Xeno Tactic Champion!

Quote:
Also I wouldn't keep going on as if you're some genius, i'll assume you've got all them quotes from wikipedia?
Deary me, you really are making assumptions SR. No, not a genius, but fairly well educated with an interest in happenings internationally, especially those of a historical nature. I am also very well read having a large personal library covering many topical & factual subjects (somewhat more cerebrally challenging than a collection of Viz & Playboy).

Wikipedia ..... I wouldn't touch it with yours my friend. I glean my information from other more reliable sources & the internet is an ideal vehicle for searching for such resources. So, are you going to start a new thread or not ?
Old 16-02-2013, 14:37   #39
Junior Member+

Quote:
Deary me, you really are making assumptions SR. No, not a genius, but fairly well educated with an interest in happenings internationally, especially those of a historical nature. I am also very well read having a large personal library covering many topical & factual subjects (somewhat more cerebrally challenging than a collection of Viz & Playboy).

Wikipedia ..... I wouldn't touch it with yours my friend. I glean my information from other more reliable sources & the internet is an ideal vehicle for searching for such resources. So, are you going to start a new thread or not ?
in the words of a fellow poster..

Quote:
So once again I suggest that we return this thread back to Jock footy
Old 16-02-2013, 14:49   #40
a multieloquent Mule

Xeno Tactic Champion!

Quote:
in the words of a fellow poster..
Touche! I was merely replying to your last off topic comment.

Truce & Jock footy it is then.
Old 16-02-2013, 14:56   #41
a multieloquent Mule

Xeno Tactic Champion!

Again the quality of the "futba" is apparent in Scotlands consistent failure at the national level, limited resources due to lack of players to choose from. Bit like an "English" speaking San Marino.

« Referees | Wembley »

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..