Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > Hobbies and Accy Sport > General Sport and Hobby Talk > Football
Donate! Join Today

Football Talk about anything football related here..Any teams, any topic - so long as its football!

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 26-03-2006, 10:50   #1

Angry stanley v York City

I am a York City supporter who would like to say that Stanley deserve promotion and have been very very impressive this year. 3 players stand out for me,mullin,craney and roberts. However i have never seen such an incompetant referee as the bloke who completely ruined what should have been a great match yesterday. How the ref gave stanley a penalty when York were 2-1 up and in control of the game only he knows,hence to say Billy Mcewan has said he will score the ref with zero and that he almost left the ground after he dismissed an obvious penalty when a.bishop got fouled with the score at 2-3.York are a very young side that has had to be put together due to financial restraints and are the best bunch of lads weve had for years and i am convinced they will do well,next year if not this. But they are so naive and even allowing for a disgraceful,clueless ref yesterday who handed Stanley the 3 points,York still couldn't get back into the game because they were just so affected by the scandalous decisions!!! Stanley had more than met their match yesterday but they have proved that they can work things to their advantage.If you can hold on to the 3 players i have named you will be ok in league 2. Good luck Stanley!!!! Best wishes Graham fed up york fan
gbh008 is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 26-03-2006, 14:26   #2
God Member

Re: stanley v York City

Can I just say that, apart form your username, you're the only York fan to come on here with a fair view.
Maybe the ref did 'hand it to us' (I presume us playing some decent football had something to do with it also) but that's football; we were robbed at Hereford...and it looks like the tables have turned; it's swings and roundabouts - we all know the referees in this league belong in some kind of mental institution but the best teams work their football around this.
Good luck for next season.
shakermaker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-03-2006, 21:47   #3

Yes the refs are terrible in this league. My point was that really if the ref hadn't awarded the penalty that was so obviously not a penalty,i believe we would have seen a very good game instead of stanley going on to win 4-2 very comfortably and maybe could have got 1 or 2 more.It is time that refs were made more accountable because at the end of the day if it had happened the other way around you would be as angry and frustrated as me.Unfortunately one elderly York fan suffered a heart attack at the end of the game and died,you can understand his anger which most likely triggered this..I hope the ref knows this and maybe we should get some decent refs to help provide a game that flows and is fair and maybe York will give Stanley a better game next time.... Good luck in Lg 2 i wish we were coming with you but i think we need to manage situations like saturday as Stanley did and then we as a team will move forward and reach our potential....gbh
Old 26-03-2006, 21:47   #4

Yes the refs are terrible in this league. My point was that really if the ref hadn't awarded the penalty that was so obviously not a penalty,i believe we would have seen a very good game instead of stanley going on to win 4-2 very comfortably and maybe could have got 1 or 2 more.It is time that refs were made more accountable because at the end of the day if it had happened the other way around you would be as angry and frustrated as me.Unfortunately one elderly York fan suffered a heart attack at the end of the game and died,you can understand his anger which most likely triggered this..I hope the ref knows this and maybe we should get some decent refs to help provide a game that flows and is fair and maybe York will give Stanley a better game next time.... Good luck in Lg 2 i wish we were coming with you but i think we need to manage situations like saturday as Stanley did and then we as a team will move forward and reach our potential....gbh

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..