Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > Hobbies and Accy Sport > General Sport and Hobby Talk > Football
Donate! Join Today

Football Talk about anything football related here..Any teams, any topic - so long as its football!

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 08-02-2006, 11:37   #1
Senior Member+

Strange venue????

I was some what puzzled to read in last nights Evening Telegraph that Padiham have changed venues for the last game of season against FC United.Its not the changeing of vunues but the choice,Boundary Park Oldham.It seems quite a distance from Padiham for a home game.Its being played April 29th.Is it the closest ground suitably available or is it the fact its nearer Manchester and trying to cash in? Although I cant blame them for the later it just seems a strange choice.....
Old 08-02-2006, 12:45   #2
Senior Member+

Re: Strange venue????

Probably the same as when you were playing sat morning football and you were supposed to be at Green Howarth and instead you ended up playing at White Ash, we are talking about the Lancashire League 3rd div or something, your not really Manchester United yet.

Bazf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2006, 18:51   #3
Senior Member+

Re: Strange venue????

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bazf
your not really Manchester United yet.
No were not and never want to be.. My point was why play in Greater Manchester?When as you said Padiham is in Lancs i.e. Burnley,Blackburn and Accrington or even Preston would seem a more likely venue.Blackpool Mechanics are using Bloomfield Rd in a couple of weeks.There has been only two teams so for this season who were capable of using their own pitches them being Darwen and Leek.I was just saying I wonder why Boundary Park?

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..