Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > Hobbies and Accy Sport > General Sport and Hobby Talk > Football
Donate! Join Today

Football Talk about anything football related here..Any teams, any topic - so long as its football!

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 10-04-2010, 00:11   #1
God Member

taxi drivers V MAN UTD

same old story for me.. maybe no Rooney but expect Rovers to start kickin and roughing us up on the pitch..just hope class shows ..plenty of UTD in the away end.. have it!
Mancie is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 10-04-2010, 07:37   #2
Super Moderator

Re: taxi drivers V MAN UTD

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mancie View Post
same old story for me.. maybe no Rooney but expect Rovers to start kickin and roughing us up on the pitch..just hope class shows ..plenty of UTD in the away end.. have it!
...and this from a Blackburn lad. What price local loyalty, eh?
Old 10-04-2010, 09:34   #3
Resting in Peace

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wynonie Harris View Post
...and this from a Blackburn lad. What price local loyalty, eh?
Ya Wyn the Chancellor missed a trick on budget day, if he'd have taxed Man U fans who were born outside the boundaries of Manchester, the national debt would have been paid off in no time, but the we would have had millions of modern day St Peters, denying they were United fans 3 times before the cock crowed twice
Old 11-04-2010, 03:41   #4

So many millions spent by these top boys that visit Ewood ive seen this season.
united should beat rovers easy easy !!!
but we have only lost 2 home games all season so not that easy is it !!!!!!!!
just about a draw for me and a hard fought draw..united have it up the arsenal at ewood

as for 'roughing up' i cant think of many rough players left in our team..maybe your talking about the mark hughes days ?
davuid dunn is blue and white,he hates burnley

Last edited by spignific; 11-04-2010 at 03:47.
spignific is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2010, 09:06   #5
Resting in Peace

Quote:
Originally Posted by spignific View Post
So many millions spent by these top boys that visit Ewood ive seen this season.
united should beat rovers easy easy !!!
but we have only lost 2 home games all season so not that easy is it !!!!!!!!
just about a draw for me and a hard fought draw..united have it up the arsenal at ewood

as for 'roughing up' i cant think of many rough players left in our team..maybe your talking about the mark hughes days ?
davuid dunn is blue and white,he hates burnley
Take no notice of Mancie spig he's like all United fans, if the opposition take the ball off a United player, they are taught to fall on the ground roll around like they've been shot by a Japanese snipper. Can remember few years ago Fergie was having is usual moan after the match and he said they kept fouling and fouling all the game, when the match statistics were shown his lot had made 6 more fouls than Rovers talk about being blinkered, must be the Highland Mist before the game
Old 11-04-2010, 09:15   #6
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaysay View Post
they are taught to fall on the ground roll around like they've been shot by a Japanese snipper.
I presume you meant sniper, or did you mean spitter
Old 11-04-2010, 14:26   #7
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

Blackburn 0 Man U.0:
Old 11-04-2010, 15:50   #8
God Member

not the best game this season .. Rovers were well organized and probably happy with the draw (and I won't mention the 4 penalties UTD should have had!)
Old 11-04-2010, 16:07   #9
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!

Quote:
not the best game this season .. Rovers were well organized and probably happy with the draw (and I won't mention the 4 penalties UTD should have had!)
Love yer sense of humour mancie.
Old 11-04-2010, 17:05   #10
Senior Member+

Was at the game and Utd were very poor! To be honest they look nowt without Rooney, Berbatov dont cut the mustard!...Pretty sad really considering all that money (that they havn't got) thats been spent on their team!

Best Regards - Taggy

PS....I wonder if Utd fans stand up to watch Match of the Day??
Taggy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2010, 17:52   #11
Resting in Peace

Quote:
Looks like your seasons been Rooined Mancie, 4 penalties, you only play Fergie rules at the Theatre of Merchandising, everywhere else its FA rules
Old 11-04-2010, 17:54   #12
Resting in Peace

Quote:
Originally Posted by lancsdave View Post
I presume you meant sniper, or did you mean spitter
No dave he's a vasectomy expert
Old 11-04-2010, 19:09   #13
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!

Good thread title think "Scholes" n "Giggs" may take yer hint n become taxi drivers in twilight years as football is getting beyond em.
Old 11-04-2010, 19:38   #14
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by cashman View Post
Good thread title think "Scholes" n "Giggs" may take yer hint n become taxi drivers in twilight years as football is getting beyond em.
you could be right.. but then they could join Rovers
Old 11-04-2010, 20:13   #15
God Member

4 penalties is a bit ott, we should have had at least 1 though, first half united were best by far, Berbatov has got a nerve taking his wages, he is so lazy i'm surprised he bothered to put the kit on, he did very little work, just a few fancy passes and that was it, o'shea kicked the ball down the line every time it came to him, whether anybody was on the wing or not, and it mostly went to a rovers player, second half rovers had a couple of chances, united fan or not, the ref was crap, and united JUST deserved a win, not very entertaining at all, definately not worth the ticket fee, for either of the fans.

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..