Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > Hobbies and Accy Sport > General Sport and Hobby Talk > Football
Donate! Join Today

Football Talk about anything football related here..Any teams, any topic - so long as its football!

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 06-05-2006, 18:22   #1
Apprentice Geriatric

Lightbulb The Play Offs!

Although I appreciate that it gives the teams ending the season in third, fourth, fifth and sixth positions in the league another chance to gain promotion it also denies the team ending up in third place an automatic promotion that they have battled for all season. To me it seems rather unfair.

To add insult to injury the relegation issues are cut and dried in that the bottom three go down – full stop.

Surely if there are play offs for promotion, to be fair there should be play offs for relegation. The bottom two go down and the next four above them play off for who joins them. The winners of the ‘semi-finals’ take no further part but the losers play off a ‘final’ to see who goes down. It would be, of course, the loser.

Is this too much for the fuddy duddies at the Football League to understand? Probably!
Old 06-05-2006, 18:33   #2
Senior Member+

Re: The Play Offs!

people know where they need to finish to get automatic promotion, if they dont manage it they have to make do with play offs. gives more teams somthing to play for effectivly driving up attendences. i like play offs.
AccyStanFan is offline   Reply With Quote

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..