Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > Hobbies and Accy Sport > General Sport and Hobby Talk > Football
Donate! Join Today

Football Talk about anything football related here..Any teams, any topic - so long as its football!

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 27-04-2007, 21:10   #16
Super Moderator

Re: the REDS go marching on

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bagpuss View Post
mancie as the guy is a typical manc always trying to wind people up especially scousers.
What makes me laugh is you all come from Accy!

Plastic Mancs...plastic scousers!
Old 28-04-2007, 07:11   #17

born and bread in liverpool
Old 28-04-2007, 07:26   #18
Super Moderator

...but what about Mancie, Mthead and Bagpuss??
Old 28-04-2007, 08:31   #19
Accy Red

Cricket Challenge Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wynonie Harris View Post
Born in Whalley, lived in Accy most of my life, so what's the problem ???

"At a football club, there's a holy trinity - the players, the manager and the supporters. Directors don't come into it. They're only there to sign cheques." - Bill Shankly
Bagpuss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-04-2007, 09:36   #20
Super Moderator

Problem?...who said there was a problem?

It just brings a smile to my face the way you lot go on about Mancs and scousers...when none of you are!

Anyway, never mind about that - just make sure you're well psyched up to outsing the Macc lot this afternoon...now they really are scum! And don't forget the chip money for Dave's daughter!
Old 28-04-2007, 09:37   #21
I am Banned

resorting to bribery hehehehehehe new club tactic
accymel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-04-2007, 09:44   #22
Super Moderator

Mel, I reckon that as Bagpuss has ninety-two quid burning a hole in his pocket since he missed out on Toddy's shirt on ebay, he can afford to buy chips for all Accywebbers (and their nippers) on the Clayton End this afternoon!
Old 28-04-2007, 09:50   #23
I am Banned

Quote:
Mel, I reckon that as Bagpuss has ninety-two quid burning a hole in his pocket since he missed out on Toddy's shirt on ebay, he can afford to buy chips for all Accywebbers (and their nippers) on the Clayton End this afternoon!
now thats a point heheheheheheehe good suggestion for his pocket burning issue & good for the club....

CHIPS ARE ON BAGPUSS!!!!!!!! & if extra nice a coke thrown in
Old 28-04-2007, 09:57   #24
Super Moderator

...tomato sauce on mine please, Bagpuss!
Old 28-04-2007, 10:29   #25
Accy Red

Cricket Challenge Champion!

Chips and Coke are bad for your health but Stanley and Lager are good that's why I made the offer to Dave, as for the £92 Mrs Bagpuss has just gone shopping.

Bagpuss True Stanley and Plastic Scouser.

"At a football club, there's a holy trinity - the players, the manager and the supporters. Directors don't come into it. They're only there to sign cheques." - Bill Shankly
Bagpuss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2007, 10:17   #26
Senior Member+

Quote:
A plastic Manc I might be mate,can't help it it's in my blood line I've been brought up with it.My dads always been a Man.Utd fan as Bagpuss knows.I went to my first games aged about 3 or 4 George Best era,and can remember our relegation to what was the second division and our immediate promotion back with Tommy Docherty.So I've seen the 'Lows' as well as the 'Highs' with Man.Utd.
What really gets my back up are the people who are not Man.Utd fans when things are going wrong all of a sudden find the need to buy one of thier shirts when they smell a bit of success coming thier way,as I noticed walking around Asda on sunday.And this morning all the Liverpool shirts are all of a sudden getting worn.And if I remember Mancie is a Mancunian living in the Smoke.

Last edited by mthead; 02-05-2007 at 10:24.
mthead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2007, 10:45   #27
I am Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bagpuss View Post
Chips and Coke are bad for your health but Stanley and Lager are good that's why I made the offer to Dave, as for the £92 Mrs Bagpuss has just gone shopping.

Bagpuss True Stanley and Plastic Scouser.

Glad to see you have your priorities are right Stanley are safe, mrs Bagpuss is probably liking stanley atm heheheehe

As for scousers yup plastic indeed
Old 02-05-2007, 11:40   #28
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by mthead View Post
What really gets my back up are the people who are not Man.Utd fans when things are going wrong all of a sudden find the need to buy one of thier shirts when they smell a bit of success coming thier way
Tell me about it, Mthead! I've lost count of the number of "fans" decked out in replica shirts and full regalia who come up to me in Piccadilly/Market Street on match days and ask me the way to Old Trafford!

Incidentally, well done on FCUM's promotion. I watch their match highlights regularly on Channel M and I've been well impressed. Reckon you'll be celebrating another promotion in a year's time.

...which brings me onto another point. Like all FCUM fans, you're adamant that you still support MUFC and that it's just the owners you don't like. Well, what I want to know is this - imagine the scenario in a few year's time, FCUM are successfully playing in Div 2, meanwhile the Glazers have decided to sell MUFC to more "acceptable" owners. What happens? Would you all just disband FCUM and go back to Old Trafford? Or another scenario that could happen even sooner - FCUM go on a good cup run and are drawn against MUFC - who would you support?

I'm not asking these questions because I'm having a go - just curious, that's all!
Old 02-05-2007, 11:42   #29
I am Banned

Hehehehehehe Wynonie now thats a good ponder, knowing mthead he'd support the both & have a flappy backside if the latter happened hehehehehehe be interesting final hehehehe
Old 02-05-2007, 12:40   #30
Senior Member+

Quote:
Tell me about it, Mthead! I've lost count of the number of "fans" decked out in replica shirts and full regalia who come up to me in Piccadilly/Market Street on match days and ask me the way to Old Trafford!

Incidentally, well done on FCUM's promotion. I watch their match highlights regularly on Channel M and I've been well impressed. Reckon you'll be celebrating another promotion in a year's time.

...which brings me onto another point. Like all FCUM fans, you're adamant that you still support MUFC and that it's just the owners you don't like. Well, what I want to know is this - imagine the scenario in a few year's time, FCUM are successfully playing in Div 2, meanwhile the Glazers have decided to sell MUFC to more "acceptable" owners. What happens? Would you all just disband FCUM and go back to Old Trafford? Or another scenario that could happen even sooner - FCUM go on a good cup run and are drawn against MUFC - who would you support?

I'm not asking these questions because I'm having a go - just curious, that's all!
A good question and in truth I can't at this moment think of an answer .But something we have been discussing on our forum is we may struggle if we was in the Conference to get football league status because we are not limited as a club,we are owned by ourselves the fans.Its something that confuses me but on the whole all the fans as yet do not want to change that case thats not what we are about,we are against this sort of thing.So the future could be interesting,think of it FCUM win the conference easy, obviously ground facilities meet requirements and yet football league refuse them entry.An intresting scenario and one which if it happens will make the F.A. look a right set of numpties.

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..