Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > Hobbies and Accy Sport > General Sport and Hobby Talk > Football
Donate! Join Today

Football Talk about anything football related here..Any teams, any topic - so long as its football!

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 02-05-2007, 13:19   #31
Super Moderator

Re: the REDS go marching on

Surely, a club can be a limited company and a fan's trust too? Stockport, Lincoln and a few others are.
Old 02-05-2007, 13:25   #32
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wynonie Harris View Post
Surely, a club can be a limited company and a fan's trust too? Stockport, Lincoln and a few others are.
Not sure how it works myself,but it sounds like there is some criterea that needs to be met.I'll go over and see if I can find out more and let you know.
Old 02-05-2007, 13:51   #33
Senior Member+

Heres a quote from on our forum apparently its something Dagenham and Redbridge are doing as we speak,changing fom a 'fans club' to a limited company

Posted: Thu Apr 26, 2007 9:41 pm Post subject: It's a rule of the Football League that you can't be a members' club like ours. The reason is because we can't go be put into administration, which they don't want clubs to do anyway
Logic and senior football don't go hand in hand do they?

Short answer, no we couldn't currently enter the league as an IPS.

Let's not have that fight just now, but stick it in the back of your mind that if we don't succeed in encouraging football to change, we'll be scuppered at some point along the way.
Old 02-05-2007, 19:51   #34

hope you march on now .lol
Old 02-05-2007, 21:31   #35
Accy Red

Cricket Challenge Champion!

Zipperty doo da, Zipperty yeah.. my oh my what a wonderful day, plenty of sunshine heading my way, zipperty doo da, zipperty yeah. ...

"At a football club, there's a holy trinity - the players, the manager and the supporters. Directors don't come into it. They're only there to sign cheques." - Bill Shankly
Bagpuss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-05-2007, 19:03   #36
Accy Red

Cricket Challenge Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mancie View Post
Well MAN UTD get to yet another cup final...
And once again you big mouthed manc you lose, at least the best team won on the day, I thought you where lucky to get away with only 1-0.

"At a football club, there's a holy trinity - the players, the manager and the supporters. Directors don't come into it. They're only there to sign cheques." - Bill Shankly

Last edited by Bagpuss; 19-05-2007 at 19:04. Reason: not enough insults
Bagpuss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-05-2007, 19:49   #37

It was a good game but as luck would have it it did not work out for the red,s
mallard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-05-2007, 16:59   #38
Apprentice Geriatric

Unhappy Re: the REDS go marching on

United lost the final because of two reasons.
They didn’t play their normal attacking football and seemed to be terrified of losing.
They were only playing with ten men.

Well it looked like it because Ronaldo did next to nothing and the bit he did, he did badly.

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..