Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > Hobbies and Accy Sport > General Sport and Hobby Talk > Football
Donate! Join Today

Football Talk about anything football related here..Any teams, any topic - so long as its football!

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 17-05-2008, 01:23   #46
Senior Member+

Re: Those 10,000 or so rangers fans were a disgrace...

on another forum they said tim was a common name back in the days tim malloy

and gers fans are called billy after that braveheart guy?
Old 17-05-2008, 09:23   #47
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by cmonstanley View Post
no wonder they were throwing bottles.no but seriously when you watch the videos of all the violence most of them are not wearing any colours ive just heard hearts casuals were there with chelsea,of all people wigan,wolves and man city hooligans with a small band of rangers casuals the icf ...if you look at all the people in the videos there are no more than 200 so 10,000 rangers supporters you are a disgrace ,is slander . there was about 600 or so real rangers supporters having a sing song at midnight when a crowd of casuals ran past telling everybody to run in cockney accents.behold about 15 seconds after that the riot police came storming down clubbing everyboy women and men you had to run for your life.....ohh iforgot to add the indiscriminate pushing around with riot shields at the train station fact is the gmp lost control and lost control of its officers...
get a grip lad and stop reading poxy hooligan forums then posting the crap on here !!!!.......chinese whispers !!!

BLACKBURN RAVER is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-05-2008, 09:49   #48
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by BLACKBURN RAVER View Post
get a grip lad and stop reading poxy hooligan forums then posting the crap on here !!!!.......chinese whispers !!!

you get a grip ,i was there in the middle of it its not fun just havin a sing song when about 300 police in riot gear come running down a hill randomly hitting everybody in sight.in the aftermath i spoke to some of them and they said they knew that there was going to be hooligan elements from other clubs there thats why they were heavy handed.ps this was about 6 oclock in the morning next day when the police were taking group photographs of each other in their riot gear..i havent read any proxy hooligan forum i was there were you?
cmonstanley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-05-2008, 10:13   #49
Resting in Peace

Quote:
you get a grip ,i was there in the middle of it its not fun just havin a sing song when about 300 police in riot gear come running down a hill randomly hitting everybody in sight.in the aftermath i spoke to some of them and they said they knew that there was going to be hooligan elements from other clubs there thats why they were heavy handed.ps this was about 6 oclock in the morning next day when the police were taking group photographs of each other in their riot gear..i havent read any proxy hooligan forum i was there were you?
Oh come on Stanley The police wouldn't do that, would they
Old 17-05-2008, 10:57   #50
Senior Member+

Quote:

why on earth would i be there ?

first of all im english secondly im a blackburn rovers fan, why on earth would i goto manc to watch the sweaty socks get their knickers in a twist......
BLACKBURN RAVER is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-05-2008, 12:43   #51
Resting in Peace

These were a couple of pictures my son, who works in the centre, took of the aftermath Was to be expected though I suppose :-

n745930159_3000252_2070.jpgn745930159_3000253_2338.jpg
katex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-05-2008, 13:38   #52
God Member

if they put some skips about the place to put rubbish in it woulldnt been half as bad or even had enough toilets 24 toilets to 14,000/20,000..anyway olympics for manchester they are havin a laugh they couldnt organise a pee up in a brewery...get your facts right before yous start spewing poo .11 people charged out of 200,000 ...
Old 17-05-2008, 14:01   #53
God Member

and heres the proof a so called terrified student following the no colours and english accents chasing the police through manchester.listen to manc accent saying tip it... www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage...cle1166626.ece
Old 17-05-2008, 14:33   #54

ahhhh, so all the pictures of a few hundred people going on the rampage in blue shirts were merely figments of everyones imagination were they?
onlyme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-05-2008, 18:41   #55
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by katex View Post
These were a couple of pictures my son, who works in the centre, took of the aftermath Was to be expected though I suppose :-

Attachment 11640Attachment 11641

the first pic you have supplied is that of one of the fan zones - which that particular one held 10,000 fans - all caged in with no bins and no toilets (who's great idea was that?) - any fan in the cage/fan zone that needed the toilet had to walk their way through the 10,000 fans - only to be met by 24 port a loos 10 minutes down the street, now when you went into the fan zone you were not allowed to take bottles so 99% of people had cans and food all carried in plastic bags, now whenever some food and drink were finished and you looked about for a bin and you realise there wasnt any what were you to do? stick it in your pocket till you got home? or put it in your plastic bag and place it at your feet? which is what we done.. now obviously not everyone done this and the first pic is the end result of 10,000 people in a cage with no bins..

the second picture is that of a street with obviously more rubbish strewn about, and given that there were bins there people either didnt use them and/or the bins were full - which I saw alot of.

there are alot of questions and answers to be taken from all of this, mine would be :
why wasnt there any toilets in the fan zones?
why wasnt there any bins in the fan zones ?
why only have 3 fan zones that could hold a total of 35,000 fans?when they knew that the amount travelling would be closer to 150,000
why not open the velodrome for a fan zone?- far bigger alround
why lift the drinks ban for street drinking?
why let fans take drink into the fan zones?

and it has also been mentioned today that GMP knew the screen wouldnt be getting switched on incase picadilly gardens got trashed if rangers got beat - the decision not to switch it on was made at 2pm, now why wait till kick off to tell the fans this?
this information has came from both strathclyde police who were also on duty there in manchester and also a steward who was on duty at picadilly gardens - this is how they managed to bus 99% of the fans to the quickly opened velodrome inside 15 mins - they had the buses waiting because they knew the screen wouldnt be going on.

at the end of the day this could rumble on for ages and ages but the truth of the matter is some so called rangers fans acted like scum in attacking police, cars etc, the vast majority of the 150,000 fans behaved fine and were in good spirits ( which has been overshadowed by the thugs ) and that manchester itself was nowhere near prepared for that game nor the amount of fans.
glasgow guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-05-2008, 18:45   #56
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by onlyme View Post
ahhhh, so all the pictures of a few hundred people going on the rampage in blue shirts were merely figments of everyones imagination were they?
thats not what he is saying but believe it or not some people/casuals/firms do wear whichever teams colours when they plan on doing some damage during a game, so they can blend in easier, I am not saying that is what happened - not at all - just saying that it does happen and may have.
Old 17-05-2008, 18:48   #57
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by BLACKBURN RAVER View Post
why on earth would i be there ?

first of all im english secondly im a blackburn rovers fan, why on earth would i goto manc to watch the sweaty socks get their knickers in a twist......

cos it would be the closest you would get to a euro final given rovers wont ever be there.. - have you ever made the group stages of europe before ? and the inter toto cup doesnt count..
Old 17-05-2008, 20:03   #58
God Member

Quote:
if they put some skips about the place to put rubbish in it woulldnt been half as bad
Oh ..... so you expect Manchester to provide beds for them as well now ??

Sorry - I'll get my coat

Miracles do happen!!

slinky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-05-2008, 20:14   #59
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by slinky View Post
Oh ..... so you expect Manchester to provide beds for them as well now ??

Sorry - I'll get my coat

dont joke about it, given the amount of fans I met/saw that had no where to stay a skip may have looked appealing...crazy to go there and not have digs sorted...I had guys asking me where I was staying and then offering me cash to sleep on my floor..
Old 17-05-2008, 20:18   #60
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by glasgow guy View Post
dont joke about it, given the amount of fans I met/saw that had no where to stay a skip may have looked appealing...crazy to go there and not have digs sorted...I had guys asking me where I was staying and then offering me cash to sleep on my floor..
Blimey!!! If it wasn't for the safety aspect, ya could have made some good dosh out of that GG

Miracles do happen!!

slinky is offline   Reply With Quote

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..