Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > Hobbies and Accy Sport > General Sport and Hobby Talk > Football
Donate! Join Today

Football Talk about anything football related here..Any teams, any topic - so long as its football!

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 17-05-2008, 20:24   #61
Resting in Peace

Re: Those 10,000 or so rangers fans were a disgrace...

Quote:
Originally Posted by glasgow guy View Post
the first pic you have supplied is that of one of the fan zones - which that particular one held 10,000 fans - all caged in with no bins and no toilets (who's great idea was that?) - any fan in the cage/fan zone that needed the toilet had to walk their way through the 10,000 fans - only to be met by 24 port a loos 10 minutes down the street, now when you went into the fan zone you were not allowed to take bottles so 99% of people had cans and food all carried in plastic bags, now whenever some food and drink were finished and you looked about for a bin and you realise there wasnt any what were you to do? stick it in your pocket till you got home? or put it in your plastic bag and place it at your feet? which is what we done.. now obviously not everyone done this and the first pic is the end result of 10,000 people in a cage with no bins..

the second picture is that of a street with obviously more rubbish strewn about, and given that there were bins there people either didnt use them and/or the bins were full - which I saw alot of.

there are alot of questions and answers to be taken from all of this, mine would be :
why wasnt there any toilets in the fan zones?
why wasnt there any bins in the fan zones ?
why only have 3 fan zones that could hold a total of 35,000 fans?when they knew that the amount travelling would be closer to 150,000
why not open the velodrome for a fan zone?- far bigger alround
why lift the drinks ban for street drinking?
why let fans take drink into the fan zones?

and it has also been mentioned today that GMP knew the screen wouldnt be getting switched on incase picadilly gardens got trashed if rangers got beat - the decision not to switch it on was made at 2pm, now why wait till kick off to tell the fans this?
this information has came from both strathclyde police who were also on duty there in manchester and also a steward who was on duty at picadilly gardens - this is how they managed to bus 99% of the fans to the quickly opened velodrome inside 15 mins - they had the buses waiting because they knew the screen wouldnt be going on.

at the end of the day this could rumble on for ages and ages but the truth of the matter is some so called rangers fans acted like scum in attacking police, cars etc, the vast majority of the 150,000 fans behaved fine and were in good spirits ( which has been overshadowed by the thugs ) and that manchester itself was nowhere near prepared for that game nor the amount of fans.
Sorry GG .. wasn't particularly being critical about the rubbish .. no matter how many bins or toilets the Council would had provided, with ale in their guts, and the volume of so many fans (from wherever), it was going to have this result. Expect tomorrow will be just as bad after the 10km race (son doing that); except probably more water bottles and foil insulation wraps.. LOL. Anyway, here's another piccie' to show that they are sorting it out.

n745930159_3000250_1505.jpg

Mani... just noticed the Weatherspoons on one of the photo's .. is that where you were ?
katex is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 17-05-2008, 21:39   #62
God Member

The City of Manchester Stadium has a capacity of 48,000. Rangers were allocated approximately 13,000 seats. Why on earth did upwards of 150,000 Rangers fans turn up in Manchester on Wednesday night?

Do not take life too seriously. You will never get out of it alive.
yerself is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-05-2008, 21:57   #63
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by yerself View Post
The City of Manchester Stadium has a capacity of 48,000. Rangers were allocated approximately 13,000 seats. Why on earth did upwards of 150,000 Rangers fans turn up in Manchester on Wednesday night?
there were at least 27,000 in the ground that night due them being in corporate seats, and in the russian end etc, and the reason 150,000 turned up was quite simple -
it was a euro final - 37 years since the last one,
it was local as in the north west of england therefore easy to get to,
they knew it would be shown on screens outside of the ground within fan zones set aside for ticketless fans,
and they have one of the largest and most loyal fanbases in the world - hence why 150,000 turned up.
plus most genuine fans wanted to sample the atmosphere and build up of a euro final..everyone wanted to be a part of it. myself included.
glasgow guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-05-2008, 22:04   #64
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by glasgow guy
it was local as in the north west of england
Glasgow's 220 miles away from Manchester, hardly local.
I also live in Clayton. If Mrs. Glasgow guy had hidden your remote you could have given me a shout, got a few cans and come and watched it at my place.

Do not take life too seriously. You will never get out of it alive.
yerself is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-05-2008, 23:30   #65
God Member

anyway i had a great day in the company of glasgow guy and his friends and then i got a call off my cousin who seen me walking to the train station and that was it non stop partying and sing til 5.30 in the morning.one of the best days/nights of my life..never seen any trouble till about 11 o clock when the riot cops came rumbling down ...even had a sing song with some zenit supporters who were brand new..whatever you do dont go to lounge 31 nightclub its full of drug dealers who try and sell you hard drugs and jumped up little tart wannabes trying to sell drugs as well...dont know why that place has a licence.the drug dealers runners were outside on their bikes..sureal or what..
cmonstanley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-05-2008, 23:31   #66
God Member

ohh and i didnt go in i was outside buying a pizza next door...
Old 18-05-2008, 08:43   #67
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by glasgow guy View Post
cos it would be the closest you would get to a euro final given rovers wont ever be there.. - have you ever made the group stages of europe before ? and the inter toto cup doesnt count..

we won the best lg in the world, we have played in the champions lg, we have been in the uefa cup !!!...as i say we play in THE best lg in the world and won it, not some second rate tin pot two teamed conferance lg !!!
BLACKBURN RAVER is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-05-2008, 08:46   #68
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by yerself View Post
Glasgow's 220 miles away from Manchester, hardly local.
I also live in Clayton. If Mrs. Glasgow guy had hidden your remote you could have given me a shout, got a few cans and come and watched it at my place.
by local I meant the uk and your right its only 220 miles so only a few hours in the car/train or an hour on the plane...very easy to get to...and I doubt you would have wanted me at your place - unless you wanted to see a grown man cry !
glasgow guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-05-2008, 08:50   #69
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by cmonstanley View Post
ohh and i didnt go in i was outside buying a pizza next door...

so how do you know it was FULL of drug dealers selling hard drugs !!!!

jeeeeeez you really do amaze me with your cock n bull storys...
BLACKBURN RAVER is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-05-2008, 13:21   #70
God Member

when they come out asking if you want some charlie thats a bit of a hint,and lads about 15-16 hanging outside on their bikes .i done one when some started arguing big time with one didnt want to get caught in the cross-fire if you know what i mean...
Old 18-05-2008, 13:25   #71
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by BLACKBURN RAVER View Post
so how do you know it was FULL of drug dealers selling hard drugs !!!!

jeeeeeez you really do amaze me with your cock n bull storys...
i dare you to go to manchester and ask the way to the lounge 31 and spend the night there...and then tell me your point of view...i remember going to watch rovers when bobby saxton was manager there was about 4,000 there singing saxton out.
Old 18-05-2008, 14:52   #72
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by cmonstanley View Post
.i remember going to watch rovers when bobby saxton was manager there was about 4,000 there singing saxton out.
whats that to do with last weds night? there was no mayhem then, yer gettin a bit silly now.
Old 18-05-2008, 16:50   #73
Resting in Peace

The only thing I can say is thank god they didn't win the flaming cup, It would have taken 12 months to put the place back together again
Old 18-05-2008, 17:08   #74
God Member

i know just as silly people saying there was 10,000 rioting rangers supporters in manchester as the above itle says
Old 18-05-2008, 18:07   #75
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

well all i can say is would take manis word over the news of the world- any day.

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..