Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > Hobbies and Accy Sport > General Sport and Hobby Talk > Football
Donate! Join Today

Football Talk about anything football related here..Any teams, any topic - so long as its football!

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 18-05-2008, 18:22   #76
Senior Member+

Re: Those 10,000 or so rangers fans were a disgrace...

Quote:
Originally Posted by cashman View Post
well all i can say is would take manis word over the news of the world- any day.
why take the word of someone who isnt correct - the title states 10,000 were a disgrace - wrong - 300 were who acted like scum - the other 9,700 in that particular zone I would say behaved well all things considered.
the other 150,000 fans spread in the city centre behaved well - this was also repeated by GMP top brass. although they have been somewhat overshadowed by the knuckle draggers who rioted.
I will say it again - manchester couldnt cope with the sheer number of fans, not enough of anything - toilets, food outlets, first aid tents, you name it. - and they want to host the olympics??
it was such a shame as I had a great time there and I only learned about the riots the next morning when I switched the tv on...
glasgow guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 18-05-2008, 18:33   #77
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by BLACKBURN RAVER View Post
we won the best lg in the world, we have played in the champions lg, we have been in the uefa cup !!!...as i say we play in THE best lg in the world and won it, not some second rate tin pot two teamed conferance lg !!!
... you are a fan of a team who will not win anything anytime soon, you won the league way back what...14 years ago or something like? how many times you won it since ?
and I wouldnt brag about your champions league record - what is it - played in it once ? lost 3 and won 1 - but hey you won the league once...
and your uefa cup record aint anything to sing about...for me trelleborgs spring to mind and that team from the tin pot league ( celtic) dumped you out in spectacular fashion - but hey you won your league once !
and you call the scottish league 2 teamed - how many can win yours - be honest here - 2 - manure and chelski - arsenal dont have the depth or the bottle to last a season, so really your league is no better than ours - just more cash to spend..
at the end of the day , your a small club in a good league, you will never ever win that league again so I can understand why you harp on about winning it 14 years ago...
and second rate league or not, champions league every season mate, failing that uefa cup, and dont say for one minute that it doesnt bother you as it would bother me that some teams from a second rate league get into europe every single season where as you (rovers) once won your league and play in a good league so therefore we should be there - not them you only have a slim uefa cup chance through the inter toto cup (woooo) and even then you may not make it..
face facts - your living off history and every year that you dont win something that bit of history gets further and further away...
Old 18-05-2008, 21:38   #78
God Member

and when they did last win something it was an ex rangers manager with ex rangers players that did it
cmonstanley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-05-2008, 21:53   #79
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by cmonstanley View Post
and when they did last win something it was an ex rangers manager with ex rangers players that did it
yeh but when they won the league it was n ex CELTIC player that managed em.
Old 18-05-2008, 21:56   #80
God Member

and he grew up as a rangers supporter..
Old 18-05-2008, 21:58   #81
God Member

he wasnt good enough for uswe must have had some good players coming through then...
Old 18-05-2008, 22:07   #82
Senior Member+

Quote:
yeh but when they won the league it was n ex CELTIC player that managed em.

very true - an ex player from that tin pot league he mentioned...
for a tin pot league it doesnt do too bad...
Old 18-05-2008, 22:09   #83
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!

i agree that Blackburn have very little chance of repeating their premier league win, about as much chance as rangers winning the champions league, thats reality. all credit to em fer reaching the final though. the celtic side that won the european cup (67) i think, was the only scotish side i have ever seen that was as good,if not better, than any english side of that era, no question. more reality.
Old 18-05-2008, 22:31   #84
Senior Member+

Quote:
i agree that Blackburn have very little chance of repeating their premier league win, about as much chance as rangers winning the champions league, thats reality. all credit to em fer reaching the final though. the celtic side that won the european cup (67) i think, was the only scotish side i have ever seen that was as good,if not better, than any english side of that era, no question. more reality.
the uefa cup is rangers/celtics level.
a good uefa cup run/ the final is as good as rangers or celtic will ever ever achieve - any normal fan of these teams know this and when they enter the champions league the best they hope for is the last 16 which both teams have done in recent years which is still a good achievement by any standards. - and thats a good reality - you have to be in it to win it and rovers are never in it league wise..and I do feel your comparison was a bad one..
and as good as that celtic side was I would say apart from inter in the semis celtic played teams who werent that great, take nothing away from though - and they were the only scottish team to win the european cup - but they werent the only scottish side to get to the final before them...
Old 18-05-2008, 23:00   #85
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!

don't really matter who they played glasgow guy, Inter of that era were 1 hell of a side, why do you think the comparison is a poor one, Rovers- Premier, Rangers Champions league, i reckon thats about the same odds.
Old 18-05-2008, 23:47   #86
Senior Member+

Quote:
don't really matter who they played glasgow guy, Inter of that era were 1 hell of a side, why do you think the comparison is a poor one, Rovers- Premier, Rangers Champions league, i reckon thats about the same odds.
cos we have gotten to the last 16 of the champs league - which is kinda close - rovers have never been close to winning that league in recent years...

this kinda discussion could go on for ages and ages...
Old 19-05-2008, 00:01   #87
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by glasgow guy View Post
cos we have gotten to the last 16 of the champs league - which is kinda close - rovers have never been close to winning that league in recent years...

this kinda discussion could go on for ages and ages...
6th in premier is about as close i reckon.
Old 19-05-2008, 05:40   #88
Senior Member+

Quote:
6th in premier is about as close i reckon.
6th is close - yes I agree but the points gap between 6th and say 3rd could be 21 points for instance - in which case there would be no chance of closing it...
its been said before about the premiership - its 3 leagues in one :

top 5 battle it out to see who finishes top...

mid table play for the cups/nothing as they wont ever win it

bottom to mid play to avoid relegation..

this is a pub discussion where the beer should be on the go !
Old 19-05-2008, 08:44   #89
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by cmonstanley View Post
would that be the one who couldnt hack PROPER football, sulked and cried like a baby that he was homesick...ffs get real man !!!

he wasnt good enough for the premiership and he and we, knew it, he wanted second rate football so he looked good thas why he went " home"...home ffs, he's about 200 miles away, 3 hours in a car ..what a nonce

but we did get one of the best players ever to grace ewood off you in tugay

tugay you are my turkish delight
BLACKBURN RAVER is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-05-2008, 08:49   #90
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by glasgow guy View Post
... you are a fan of a team who will not win anything anytime soon, .

DITTO !!!!!! ..
BLACKBURN RAVER is offline   Reply With Quote

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..